How do YOU heal heroics?

85 Dwarf Paladin
Below I go into detail about my healing experiences in heroics so far. Please spell out how you go about healing heroics, critiquing how I do so, or whatever.

This is how I heal heroics on my pally so far:

The baseline is beacon of light on tank, holy shock as often as possible (preferring non-tank targets), word of glory as soon as possible once I have 3 holy power (again preferring non-tank targets), and holy light on the tank as filler.

When more damage is coming in, divine light starts replacing HL. DL gets used more and more often as necessary.

When multiple targets are taking steady damage (aka HS and WoG aren't enough to keep the non-tank targets' HPs from decreasing over a period of time), light of dawn gets swapped in for WoG, assuming I can hit 2+ wounded targets with it.

Holy radiance is used here and there for AE damage, but tends to count as a "cooldown" in my usage.

When crap is hitting the fan, I use my cooldowns: avenging wrath, divine favor, guardian of ancient kings, lay hands, hand of sacrifice, hand of protection, aura mastery, etc. On fights where I expect/know that crap will hit the fan eventually, I'll use CDs early in the fight even when not really needed in order to help keep my mana higher for later in the fight.

I try to cleanse most/all damaging effects, but I tend to ignore most other debuffs because I don't exaclty have an abundance of spare GCDs or mana most of the time.

I never use flash of light, I still need work at handling LoD and HR. I'm only about 80% adapted to my new UI (all single-target heals except lay hands are on mouse clicks; I'm using grid and clique for the first time ever; my cooldowns and AE heals are on 1-5, q, e, z, x, c, etc., which used to be where I would bind heals; I rearranged stuff on my UI to try to have my eyes not need to move as far from grid to decursive to watching for fire, etc.).

In a good group (and by that I mean people know the fight mechanics, use that knowledge well most of the time, and the DPS are averaging maybe ~7k on any given boss fight), I basically never lose anyone, and I tend to finish fights without all my CDs on CD, and with more than 30% mana. With good CC I can be 3/4 afk and still heal trash; with a little CC I have to pay attention but it isn't hard. I tend to get comments like "nice healing" and "you must have great mana regen" and stuff.

In a bad group (meaning anything other than a good group), I oom a lot even on trash pulls, I complain about a lack of CC and an abundance of idiocy, and I sometimes get kicked for not "sucking it up and just healing."
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Hey hottie.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
/flirt

Edit - I just realized there is another thread by a holy pally where most of the same stuff I talk about is mentioned. Oh well. Don't let that stop you druids, priests, and shamans from posting with what healing is like for you in heroics... I really want to see the similarities and differences!
Edited by Rotunda on 12/12/2010 4:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I do the same as you except i use FoL in place of DL due to FoL being more hps. I got to say though. You have the ugliest toon i have everseen it looks like a short fat ape woman.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Great post :) thanx a bunch this is already what i was starting to lean towards, seems like everyone still wants to play like its LK and i get no cc even when i complain but the good groups are rare and def good
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I enter the instance, watch the Pally tank pull 5 mobs when I'm at half mana from swapping specs without saying a word to anyone about CC. Then I'll run in, a little confused, pile Lifeblooms on his face, then watch as the DPS explode into a shower of gore. When the mobs look at me hungrily, I shift into cat and dash for the exit-- which is fortunately nearby since this is the first pack of trash in the instance. Then I'll sit in Org while everyone yells at me about how horrible I am.

That's usually what I do.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/12/2010 4:32 PMPosted by Rotunda
This is how I heal heroics on my pally so far

Like a boss
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/12/2010 7:19 PMPosted by Outiluke
I enter the instance, watch the Pally tank pull 5 mobs when I'm at half mana from swapping specs without saying a word to anyone about CC. Then I'll run in, a little confused, pile Lifeblooms on his face, then watch as the DPS explode into a shower of gore. When the mobs look at me hungrily, I shift into cat and dash for the exit-- which is fortunately nearby since this is the first pack of trash in the instance. Then I'll sit in Org while everyone yells at me about how horrible I am.

That's usually what I do.

hahaha i can so imagine this. healers should forget posting on the healer forum and go complain on the dps/tank forums. QQ

its not a healer problem or a heal problem, its the dps tanks and some healers still stuck in WOTLK mode
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]