Please hit me with the Nerf Bat

85 Human Rogue
Blizzard. I have come here today out of PURE rage. Today, while questing. I was struck a 30,257 by an Arcane Mage, who then unleashed a stream of 7,000's upon me. What did I do? Cry. I cried Blizzard. I stared at my screen and looked at the giant floating 30k and I thought to myself, "wtf is blizzard doing." Why have mages been able to hit up to 30,000 damage with a single spell, how is that even fair? Why don't you guy hotfix this sh!t???? Among mages hitting higher than every class COMBINED, they are able to survive better than a Holyprotawarrioradin.

NERF. MAGES.

Edit: He hit a 36,000 on me.
Edited by Talthore on 12/12/2010 4:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Because Arcane Mages are made of paper. Its not hard to take one out. In addition, We arent even close to being on top in PvE or PvP, mana issues along with secondary stat inflation have left us behind the curve without a decent way to catch up. Maybe you're just mad that for once, rogues arent able to 3 shot casters anymore like they never should have been able to do.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I stun him, he blinks out of it.

I attack him, he ice blocks

I attack him, i get frozen EVERY time i hit him.

He slows me.

He kites me with mages new sprinting abilities or whatever they have.
Reply Quote
You cant be frozen by attacking mages anymore, only slowed if they have the right armor spell up. Ice block is a 2 minute CD, if he uses it that early, then he should be cake. the sprint you're thinking of is Improved blink. You're clearly doing something wrong. Any good rogue can take out arcane mages like its their job. maybe you're just specced wrong?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Yes.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
12/12/2010 4:44 PMPosted by Talthore
Blizzard. I have come here today out of PURE rage. Today, while questing. I was struck a 30,257 by an Arcane Mage, who then unleashed a stream of 7,000's upon me. What did I do? Cry. I cried Blizzard. I stared at my screen and looked at the giant floating 30k and I thought to myself, "wtf is blizzard doing." Why have mages been able to hit up to 30,000 damage with a single spell, how is that even fair? Why don't you guy hotfix this sh!t???? Among mages hitting higher than every class COMBINED, they are able to survive better than a Holyprotawarrioradin.

NERF. MAGES.

I may not own a nerf bat, but im more than willing to hit you with a regular one.

My prediction for the future of this thread:
"l2play rogue"
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
L2 TO PLAY BAD ROUGE!!

/Signed

I'm sorry bad rogue, but you need to stop qq'ing in the mage forums. we are in no way overpowered. Just because your a bad player and can't kill the burst mage who has no real way of survival against you, doesn't mean the class as a whole is op.

As stated above, we are lacking in our stats so both or pvp and pve aspects are way behind the curve in terms of sheer numbers and damage output. The fact that we cast 5 spells and are out of mana with Molten Armor is attributed to the fact that blizzard destroyed stats once again. A pve mage has too, and I repeat, will have to use Mage Armor for right now, and that does gimp our overall dps in the pve world. Seeing as how a lot of snares and slows for mages are either bugged right now or were removed your arguement is invalid.

Please go QQ in customer service about our class not being overpowered all, because we are not in the slightest way.
Edited by Stícky on 12/12/2010 6:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
^and called it.

Next prediction: the rogue has no resilience, and was fighting an 80 mage who had 4 stacks of AB going.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
12/12/2010 6:10 PMPosted by Castèrbation

My prediction for the future of this thread:
"l2play rogue"
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
okay i'm a mage, of course, if you're having problems taking one out you have some MAJOR issues with your class and should concider switching ASAP. mages take more damage than most classes. rogues have about 50 stuns so if he blinked out of your stuns theres a problem there. it should really only take you about 20 seconds to kill a mage if you're any good at PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
That's funny, I'm usually combating people who think we are the worst spec for mages. Since when have people complained that Cataclysm arcane mages do TOO MUCH damage?
Reply Quote
Play smart, if you open up on the mage and you let him kite you its your fault you lost.
Edited by Zomgpwned on 12/12/2010 7:39 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]