Lightwell is my biggest heal now.

85 Undead Priest
Confirmed last fight, did 150k healing for 25% of my total healing
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
>.<

Here's where I show how stupid I am. I absolutely LOVE Lightwell when I'm tanking wth my 85 warrior, and my priest friend loves that fact that I use it so much. So I was healing instances today, and not once did I cast Lightwell because I totally completely forgot I had it.

Lightwell is fantastic now, it has a really nice range, and super easy to use since you don't change targets when clicking.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/12/2010 8:21 PMPosted by Squarepusher

Agreed but even with the extra buffs, nobody clicks on it.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
12/12/2010 8:40 PMPosted by Moonscape
12/12/2010 8:21 PMPosted by Squarepusher

yes, you have to talk to your group about it, and making clever macros too. Here the exact one I use

#showtooltip
/p ***Casting Lightwell, each click restores health over 6 seconds***
/raid ***Casting Lightwell, each click restores health over 6 seconds***
/cast lightwell

Lightwell could be the saving grace for priests right now
Edited by Squarepusher on 12/12/2010 8:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I have been waiting to see this. The current model makes this a very viable heal. I like it and will be using it myself even as a healer.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Lightwell is great at what it does now. It heals for a lot, it's amazingly efficient, and it's relatively easy to use.

I still hate it. It puts the responsibility for healing onto the tanks and DPS, and as a healer I want control over my healing (since I appear to have control over little else these days...)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Let's hope that priests won't be balanced in the face of it. It serves a function, but I don't think taking healing out of the priest's hands should be something so awesome. That being said, I never argue for nerfs to any healer. If it's working for folks to get the job done, that's good. If it looks like an ability the player uses once every 3 minutes is doing more work than active spells, that's probably something that should be looked at.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2010 8:53 PMPosted by Lambs
It puts the responsibility for healing onto the tanks and DPS, and as a healer I want control over my healing (since I appear to have control over little else these days...)

This.

It's extremely frustrating watching my Lightwell go to waste as dps and tanks just ignore it. ("CLICK THE LIGHTWELL" doesn't really get through to some people.) It's a pretty great spell right now in terms of efficiency, but since its usefulness is dependent on the people clicking it.. Well, sometimes it's not worth the mana cost to drop it, to be honest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I tried it out on Halfus Wyrmbreaker tonight, was only like 8% of my healing but at least SOMEONE clicked it.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
12/12/2010 8:43 PMPosted by Squarepusher
12/12/2010 8:40 PMPosted by Moonscape

yes, you have to talk to your group about it, and making clever macros too. Here the exact one I use

#showtooltip
/p ***Casting Lightwell, each click restores health over 6 seconds***
/raid ***Casting Lightwell, each click restores health over 6 seconds***
/cast lightwell

Lightwell could be the saving grace for priests right now

Even when I threaten my own guildmates with physical harm, over vent, loudly... they still do not click on the lightwell. Even when they TRY to use the lightwell, they do not use it properly: clicking on it while they are at full health just before the big AOE so that it drops immediately and does no healing, or thinking that the buff lasts longer than it really does and forgetting to click on it again until I yell some more.

Yes, lightwell is awesome. Yes it heals for a !@!@ton. Yes it's even easy to use now that you can click on it from 100million yards away and doesn't detarget you! It is STILL a flawed idea because it requires DPS to be accountable for their own healing.

I, for one, rolled a healer so that I could heal people, NOT so that I could drop an item that allows other people to heal themselves while I stand there and wait.

Lightwell is great at what it does now. It heals for a lot, it's amazingly efficient, and it's relatively easy to use.

I still hate it. It puts the responsibility for healing onto the tanks and DPS, and as a healer I want control over my healing (since I appear to have control over little else these days...)

Exactly.
Edited by Malazee on 12/12/2010 9:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I <3 when priests sit a lightwell next to me.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
In order to get people to use my lightwell i have to explain with a macro i made stating that i do run out of mana alot and if you want to get healed you have to click the light well. And no one seems to know that you can now click it from 30 yards away. But most of the time they ignore it until the trash is gone and they use it so they dont have to use food.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]