Ret Pallies have been pushed back to BC Woes

84 Tauren Paladin
So I tried my ret spec and was beyond dismayed at what I ran into. All I could do was shake my head at what I saw. IT reminded me of being back in BC where Ret Paladins were considered a joke. IT seems we will be again.

Let's review.

Our DPS has been pushed to the point of bottoming out. I kill things faster as a tank then I do as a Ret.

We've again been reduced to waiting for cool downs and now it's worse as we wait for Procs. We are down to 2 normal buttons of attack We can Either CS or DS and Judge.... that's it.... Everything else is a proc or you need to build up 3 points of Holy Power to use one of your attacks. I have often found myself already waiting for procs and cool downs to go off so I can push another button instead of sitting there praying something will come up.

Speaking of DS and CS... sharing cool downs? Really? You strangle our DPS off while granting other DPS Boosts? Yea sure thanks for Inquisition but we need to build up to 3 holy to use it really and it takes 3 CS strikes to do that unless we get lucky amd something procs ( around a 30% chance ) and the it ALSO grants a Holy power ( another 30% chance ) Err go.. you have a 30% chance of a 30% chance to get another HP stack.

Judgments... is it me or are judgments do a dismal amount of damage now? Judgments to me didn't get a nerf stick... Blizz dropped an entire tree on them

Now if I may.. wasn't this the problem that we faced in BC.... horrid DPS.... Waiting on cool downs? Isn't this why you changed Ret Pallies in the first place Blizz? Now you take us right back to that spot again?

I don't know.. Maybe I'm rambling bit it seems to me Ret paladins are now the bottom of the ladder... one fix I know could really help this is give us DS and CS back on separate cool downs. I can under stand Hammer of the Right and CS sharing cool downs.. I use one for single target and one for groups... but as for DPS... this isn't working.

Blizz.. please... go back and look into this.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Agreed.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Paladin
All I have to say is when they try and fix this they will most likley overtune us and we will crush everyone else for a while, which I look forward to greatly.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I also agree.
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Paladin
Might not be many agreeing yet but I feel it's because not many have read it... it's still nice to know people agree with me
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
whats really sad is yesterday i was doing one of the new dungeons, i was the highest lvl dps in the group, and was only pushing 3.5 - 4k dps, while the 81 mage was pulling 12k every time...

someone needs to take the nerf bat away from some developers
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't even have Divine storm on my hot bars anymore and I opted out of the talent on my other paladin.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
How many people are gonna cry about Ret DPS? It's fine.. Ya don't like it, go lvl another class. This is the way that Blizz wants Ret to be, and I seriously don't think they'll ever scrap their entire design that they worked on for months, jus cuz people aren't geared enough or don't know how to play the spec
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/13/2010 5:57 AMPosted by Buenodin
How many people are gonna cry about Ret DPS? It's fine.. Ya don't like it, go lvl another class. This is the way that Blizz wants Ret to be, and I seriously don't think they'll ever scrap their entire design that they worked on for months, jus cuz people aren't geared enough or don't know how to play the spec

Paladin designs have been redone at least twice now. I'm just sayin'.
Reply Quote
Please change the title, BC was so much worse than this..... I mean we're not in a great position but it's no where near as bad as back then
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Y'all remember pre-bc?? Judgement! refresh seal judgement! refresh seal judgement! refresh seal, look! Seal of Command proc'd!!........ judgement!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I level faster as a shockadin then when i did as a ret, its quite sad.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Og
its funny, the design ideas for ret was taking the best and worse abilities and ideas from other melee classes. for example, feral magle bot and inq, holy power and combo points, waiting on procs like arms warriors.
however, all these things are FAR worse and thrown together without any thought of each others presence.

its not that the class was thrown together by 13 year olds. its as if the class designers where put in different rooms and could not talk to each other until they where done.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
I have no problems with my dps. I have yet to run Bastion yet, but on heroic bosses i can beat mages/warlocks/shaman...

I don't see why other people have problems topping out dps.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I thought ret really sucked when I first turned 85...but they actually do crazy damage if you reforge right..a ret pally in my guild just turned 85 and is doing consistent 10-11k dps on boss fights...all without up to par gear
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Paladin
I'm not level 85, but I leveled to 50 as Ret and I agree. It has a LOT of issues. I have changed to Prot now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's so bad that it's gotten to the point where I will throw on a shield and a 1hander in my ret spec just so that I have more buttons to press! Waiting for abilities is not fun.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
lol i consistantly top out dps charts in dungeons, quit #*%**ing and put some effort into learning how the new mechanics work
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
also, reforging make an enormous difference
Edited by Kirayagami on 12/13/2010 11:52 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]