Would u stop playing for the healing issue?

90 Gnome Priest
I see 2 postures: 1) healing is not as dinamic and funny as it used to be and 2) this is WoW now, get used to it. So i launch the question, how deep do u think the healers problem really is? Is it just impossible to continue playing after achieving 85 and having all the normal dungeon gear (like i think it is for my priests). Do the guys that think "get used to it or dont heal" really find more enjoyable this kind of barely healed game of roles and just want us healers that cant deal with it to get out of this new exciting demanding game? I just want to know if someone enjoy more this kind of game with underpowered healing spells and mana issues or are like me that will claim for a new healing system until i get tired and have to drop the game undefinetly? This is not a question about if it is harder but possible, is a question about that if u enjoy more now the game or not.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Healthpools in cata have been increased dramatically. By the time you hit 5 man heroics your tank will be approaching 120k health and your non-tank's health will be creeping up on 90k. At the same time your largest 2.5 second heal will be striking (non-crit) for just above 20k. By the time you reach heroic raiding your tank will have a whopping 150 to 180k health with your largest heal only rising to 25k. In cata, healing someone to full takes time and effort, even if they are a dps.

Choose who you heal and how you do it wisely. If a dps is injured it is not necessarily a good idea to heal him. A majority of dps specs have self healing capability, often with a negligible dps trade off. Only save those you believe are in immediate danger of death. In fact there is a 5 man boss and a raid boss in cata where your entire party will spend most of the fight at less than 25% health.

There is NO PROBLEM with healing.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/13/2010 12:42 AMPosted by Skarey
Healthpools in cata have been increased dramatically. By the time you hit 5 man heroics your tank will be approaching 120k health and your non-tank's health will be creeping up on 90k. At the same time your largest 2.5 second heal will be striking (non-crit) for just above 20k. By the time you reach heroic raiding your tank will have a whopping 150 to 180k health with your largest heal only rising to 25k. In cata, healing someone to full takes time and effort, even if they are a dps.

Choose who you heal and how you do it wisely. If a dps is injured it is not necessarily a good idea to heal him. A majority of dps specs have self healing capability, often with a negligible dps trade off. Only save those you believe are in immediate danger of death. In fact there is a 5 man boss and a raid boss in cata where your entire party will spend most of the fight at less than 25% health.

you typed out all of that answer without reading the question.

/sigh
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I know it's another QQ thread.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

It really bothers me that so many people seem to think that the main problem with healing right now is just the difficulty level, and so they just tell people to learn to play. They don't seem to realize that a large part of the issue is the fact that the new healing system just isn't that much fun when you're forced to cast a single boring heal repeatedly in order to succeed. I have had no problem finishing every instance so far, even with terrible players standing in *@@% they shouldnt, and not cc'ing *@@% they should, and yet I'm still incredibly bored, because there is less decision making now than ever. I spam nourish. And then spam it some more. There's no skill here, it's just one heal over and over to win.
Edited by Wildspeaker on 12/13/2010 12:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Then you're doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Look, this is a game. The important thing is that u have fun, im not having fun. I want to know what the oppinion is, is it funnier and better or not? not if it is more dificult and possible. Maybe WoW wont be the game i was looking for after all o maybe my opinion is shared by most and the change will go back to the same path it took for 6 years
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Roll another class.
Healing has gone back to what it use to be.
WOTLK spoilt you.
Edited by Skarey on 12/13/2010 12:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Except how freaking boring it is to spam slow, weak spells.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I've been thinking of re-rolling. I'm all for making healing a challenge, but right now it isn't too fun to me. Just completed heroic Tol'Vir with two guildies and two pugs, contemplated suicide during the last boss.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Do more research and you'll find you should be using more than 1 slow casting spell.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
12/13/2010 12:57 AMPosted by Skarey
Do more research and you'll find you should be using more than 1 slow casting spell.

Really? No you're wrong. You're a person who believes your amazing at healing, when in fact, you probably aren't.

Healing is not hard, i agree, but it is also not fun. Your skill as a healer has nothing to do with how well you do in an instance anymore.

So, tell me please, what other heals should i be using other than riptide/healing wave? I only have 2 other heals, healing surge, fast heal, heals barely more than healing wave at almost 3x the cost, and greater healing wave, super slow, and only truely useful on a tank. And if i use it more than 2/3 times in a fight, chances are high i will go oom.

So where the decision making? Tell me please, tell me how with the given tools i have, using anything other than riptide/healing wave, with a random ghw when a tank is in danger, fun? How is that even hard?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Roll another class.

Healing has gone back to what it use to be.

WOTLK spoilt you.

100% incorrect. Even at times in the past when mana mattered (vanilla & BC) heals were MUCH larger relative to player health. You might not be able to spam the big heals the entire fight, but if you conserved mana by using smaller heals when damage was low, you absolutely had some nice, big heals to use during times of high damage.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/13/2010 12:46 AMPosted by Xayd

you typed out all of that answer without reading the question.

/sigh

I swear it's as if they're paid to spam stuff like this: "THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH HEALING!!!" *head explodes*

I don't think it's fun. It is possible and I can do it... but I would rather DPS at the moment... I know how to make encounters easier for healers so I'm pretty good at the new content. I do want a new healing system though, and if I'm not enjoying healing 2 months from now I'm not renewing my sub. I kinda need to not play this game anyway...it cuts into study time a lot.
Reply Quote
already have

healing is boring and slow, where as it used to be exciting and fast paced

Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I thought healing an heroic was impossible i just saw a disc priest doing so in youtube (90% of 2.2 secs cast heal until CD of power word shield finish) and just barely done with the mana ... is possible to heal an heroic, i take it back, u just need 1 good group and 2 spells over and over.
Reply Quote
50 Draenei Hunter
12/13/2010 12:41 AMPosted by Hopefreya
healing is not as dinamic and funny as it used to be

12/13/2010 12:54 AMPosted by Hopefreya
is it funnier and better or not?

Oh yes, throwing out a CoH would make the entire vent burst into laughter during an ICC run but Blizz had to go and nerf us. I miss those days...

On-topic: Heroics are possible. Gear up (just because you can queue for them doesn't mean you're ready), know the fights, group with other people that know the fights or are able to take direction, win.
Edited by Kayonia on 12/13/2010 1:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Im a shaman healer i love the ideal of the new system dps f's up he or she is dead just heal the tank only problem im seeing is tanks are getting face rolled with even the best gear and my biggest heal does 25-30k THERE IS SOMTHING WRONG. i shouldnt need to spam a big heal just to keep the tank up but my low mana spells do 5k heals haha no fun.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Enjoy it more then the last 2 expansions thank you very much.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/13/2010 12:52 AMPosted by Skarey
Then you're doing it wrong.

Yeah...I'm sorry but this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]