Looking for Priest Raid healing logs

85 Human Priest
what it says.

Having run a number of heroics on my mage, with all of the different healers, I have worries that Priests can't keep up.

Having run a number of instances on this Priest, I think our mechanics are the most poorly designed part of this game (really? create tightly tuned encounters, and add a 30 sec debuff of choice called chakra on top of it? Fun? No. Clunky and horrible for serious progression? Yes.)

So, how bad is it? I know some people are raiding.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
The top priests are doing well enough. With full raid buffs and proper cd usage, we do just fine. The only problem is we have to work twice as hard to pull it off. Predicting aoe damage will be coming in 20 seconds, we have to activate the right chakra beforehand, hoping that the global/2 seconds spent to cast the appropriate spell doesn't leave our tank dead.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Hmmm majority of the population hasn't hit the raids yet. Wait a few weeks for some proper raid log analysis. If priests are getting massively passed over and for good reasons, they'll adjust it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/13/2010 11:36 AMPosted by Vitaunus
The top priests are doing well enough. With full raid buffs and proper cd usage, we do just fine. The only problem is we have to work twice as hard to pull it off. Predicting aoe damage will be coming in 20 seconds, we have to activate the right chakra beforehand, hoping that the global/2 seconds spent to cast the appropriate spell doesn't leave our tank dead.

After playing this guy, I expected the work twice as hard part. Predicting AoE damage 20 seconds in advance is easy when stuff is on farm. For progression.... clunky and horrible. Blizz turned priests into perfectly adequate healers for content on farm, and horrible healers for the shifting and varied progression environment.

Sad part is, we have seen how the priest designers fall in love with their work (how long did it take for lighwell to become workable?). We are married to chakra. It amazes me how much boring and uninspired crap is in the holy tree.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]