Let's face it...SCALING is the real problem

90 Tauren Druid
I don't mind (and you shouldn't either) the new mana costs of spells. They did a good job with this. We are all still healing the same way as we were at 80. Flame all you want "we are undergeared olololol" Yes, we are, but this doesn't mean our Rejuv ticks should be 3k! Somewhere around 7k~ maybe. Again, healing should be a challenge, but for the love of god, fix scaling Blizz!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
yesssssssssssssssss its ridiculous that my chain heal did more at 80 then it does now
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Considering the damage being taken, hell yea we should be able to heal for more.

Reply Quote
My Rejuv ticks for 3500 and crits for 5k, last time I checked. That's significantly more than it was doing at 80, unless you count the ICC buff.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If they increased how much your heals healed for they would have to increase everyone's health and the damage done as well for the healing model to work. Why are so many people fixated on numbers?

The design is that you don't have a heal that can hit for a huge portion of someone's health.
Reply Quote
Whine harder. If everyone is alive, bandaging and eating at the end of a fight then things are tuned right. If everyone's at 80% or more health and you healer is ready for the next pull then the instance is too easy. Face-roll content is gone. Cowboy the frak up.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
How can you be under geared for the content. This defies logic. I can understand that after you raid you are over geared for 5-mans and heroics. But how can you ever be under geared for 5 mans or heroics? The LFD requires a minimum gear.

Maybe the content is tuned for over geared players?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
12/13/2010 2:06 PMPosted by Llamashama
Cowboy the frak up.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Are you actually saying "fix scaling", when you are using the mandatory minimum level gear for heroics at the start of an expansion? With no gems or enchants at that? Nothing reforged? Assuming you haven't heard of what a consumable it either.

Get some gear to scale to first and/or optimize what you have, then come back and complain. It is SUPPOSED TO BE HARD right now, and will get easier over time... pretty soon you'll be complaining how mindlessly easy healing will be in 3 months.

I have a better idea for you, enjoy the challenge while you have it. Or better yet, roll DPS if you aren't up for it.
Edited by Xvi on 12/13/2010 2:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Im having no issues healing heroics at this time.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
12/13/2010 2:06 PMPosted by Llamashama
Whine harder. If everyone is alive, bandaging and eating at the end of a fight then things are tuned right. If everyone's at 80% or more health and you healer is ready for the next pull then the instance is too easy. Face-roll content is gone. Cowboy the frak up.

Yet somehow they managed that paradigm in BC to a successful extent.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
If they increased how much your heals healed for they would have to increase everyone's health and the damage done as well for the healing model to work. Why are so many people fixated on numbers?

The design is that you don't have a heal that can hit for a huge portion of someone's health.

And that is the problem I have with the design. I do not feel rewarded for saving my mana when damage is low using small, efficient heals, because there are then no big heals to spend that mana on when the damage gets higher later in the fight and is not avoidable. I do not feel happy or rewarded when I spend so long casting a heal and the health bar doesn't go up. For many of us, this just isn't fun. In BC, we had mana management but we also had expensive big heals we could save mana to cast when damage was bad.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
...and you think that after months and months of beta testing, not to mention all the time in development, you think Blizzard didn't notice that spells were scaling slowly? Are you expecting someone to read this and say, "whoops, how did we forget to make spells scale?"

I'm fairly certain it's intentional. Do you know why? Scaling was also the real problem with Wrath, or to be more specific, the lack of room for scaling. This time around, everything, from your crit rate to your mana regen, is designed with scaling up over several tiers of gear in mind. If it starts off a bit slow, that's to be expected.

The worst part is, there is actually gear for people to get, but instead of getting some of the available gear, they're just complaining that things are too hard and waiting for Blizzard to let them make content irrelevant after the first week.

As a newsflash for everyone, these heroics are going to be relevant content for the entire expansion due to the way Justice Points work. It shouldn't be a huge deal if they're a bit tough in the first week.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]