side with the healers.

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Cata hits, so far I have done BRC and Stone core, Most of them guild runs, some pugs, However I noticed That the dpsers in pugs now seem to stand on the healers side.

I have had a few runs especially in Stone core when dpsers are screaming at tank to wait for my mana, or sayin "The healer cant take this" sort of thing.

Last night in Stone core we had a tank with 39k hp ( I had 49k at that time) and the dpsers simply asked him to leave, thou we setteled after I said to give it a try and ofcouse wiped on first group of mobs, tank went down first.

A vote kick on the tank was in order by one of the dps. I did have a partial fail I could've LoH the tank with one spare GCD but I doubt that'll save him on the next pull.

Has any one else experienced this kind of things? or did I just got lucky a few times?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Haven't really had that much of a problem, as my fiance and I have been grouping with each other and we're both pretty geared and if I need mana I ask him to wait. However, we've had to kick a few dps'ers because they just weren't doing enough for us to all live. The bosses took too long to go down and I couldn't take it anymore after using all of my cooldowns as a resto druid.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I have huge issues like this at well.

I cant queue for random pugs. DPS dont CC, tanks chain pull like its level 80, and they all have less health than me (I have 110k).

Its impossible to heal these people in 95% of instances. Bosses are exponentially easier than trash because they arnt designed around being CCed.

There are a few trash pulls in Lost City that make me want to quit the game when no one CCs. They have mobs that stun the healer, throw 5+ dots around the group, and then one enrages and gets a stacking damage buff when the rest arnt CCed and it does 30k+ hits on the tank every second.

Its unhealable, but I dont have the benefit of your experience. When no one CCs and people die in pugs, they always yell at me, when im at 0 mana and I just leave.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
People will have to learn again.

THis is the part I always was most concerned with, being the "omg wait" guy and having to teach everyone the changes.

Oh well..
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Right now I am pretty much waiting to hit 85 to do even the normal instances.

I have healed in all the content in the game, but I am leary of the situation we have been put in by the game design. I figure I will give the non healers time to wipe and learn how things are now, before I stretch my neck out on the chopping block.

Not even sure I will do any pugs now. I have always done them, a lot. But the way Blizzard has designed things, including the raid lockouts, I think pugs may be destined to die a painful death. I kind of regret it, because I have enjoyed playing with lots of different people, but you have to adapt to the hand you are dealt.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Healing is hard and it takes a group to finish the instance healing on a pally before Radiance was like wtf pull less lol but dont nerf me plz. dps should cc blizzard has made the dungeons this way i lose alot of mana if not oom when nothing is cced
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
What I don't understand is why they made our part of the game harder and not DPS..

If you know there is a lack in tanks and healers in the game why make..well, mostly healing unfun?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Cata healing is so far, WAY MORE fun than Wrath snore-fest.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
This is pretty lame. I liked it the way it was before. Healing's already hard enough, no need to make it harder
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Cata healing is so far, WAY MORE fun than Wrath snore-fest.

Agreed. Aside from the douches in LFD I've encountered, healing is fun again. No longer will I just be throwing up rejuvs and seeing how many flips in a row I can do. (record is 7!)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/08/2010 9:22 PMPosted by Verimore
What I don't understand is why they made our part of the game harder and not DPS..

If you know there is a lack in tanks and healers in the game why make..well, mostly healing unfun?

how? most fights outcome are not dependent upon the healer. Thus it's easier for us..
Reply Quote
The problem is this: most fights might not be dependent on us, but everyone *thinks* that they are.

What I mean is: you do a trash pack, noone gets out of the fire, noone dispels debuffs or interrupts the NPC healer, 20 seconds go past, we're OOM because of the wonderful new healing model, you stand there wondering for a second why the tank gave you blessing of might...and then you're all pretty much dead.

And the group explodes in /p: 'OMG HEAL0R FAIL'

Is this fun? Err not really. Is it your fault? Not at all - but does that change anything?

The responsibility of playing better has now been placed largely on the DPS. But here is a very, very important question: Do the DPS know this?

Frankly, the last thing I want to do in a computer game is get into a confrontational argument with people who, for all I know could turn up at my house later tonight and stab my family to death with a fork - just to explain to them why they suck the game more than I do.

Personally I really enjoy the 'harder' experience; the strategy needed for a party to work together and successfully achieve a goal - but I'm simply at a loss as to how to communicate this to your average player.

Maybe if people 'wiped' more on solo content they'd come to appreciate exactly what healers are there for?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
12/09/2010 5:26 AMPosted by Rudderford
The problem is this: most fights might not be dependent on us, but everyone *thinks* that they are.

What I mean is: you do a trash pack, noone gets out of the fire, noone dispels debuffs or interrupts the NPC healer, 20 seconds go past, we're OOM because of the wonderful new healing model, you stand there wondering for a second why the tank gave you blessing of might...and then you're all pretty much dead.

Is this fun? Err not really. Is it your fault? Not at all - but does that change anything?

The responsibility of playing better has now been placed largely on the DPS. But here is a very, very important question: Do the DPS know this?

Frankly, the last thing I want to do in a computer game is get into a confrontational argument with people who, for all I know could turn up at my house later tonight and stab my family to death with a fork - just to explain to them why they suck the game more than I do.

Personally I really enjoy the 'harder' experience; the strategy needed for a party to work together and successfully achieve a goal - but I'm simply at a loss as to how to communicate this to your average player.

Maybe if people 'wiped' more on solo content they'd come to appreciate exactly what healers are there for?

This is a good point. I find Blizzard does a terrible job communicating to everyone exactly what they are expected to do. Not everyone reads the forums or checks fan sites that include all this information. I don't want to have to explain to every group how they are expected to play. Plus, there are tons of players that never played during vanilla WoW or even BC. These are the players that may have no idea how to use their full range of spells and abilities.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

This is a good point, and Blizzard did create quests in Cataclysm that requires you to have some situational awareness and get out of fire (Harrison Jones questline in Uldum).

Right now as a healer you have to take charge of the groups. Mark the targets, tell DPS what to CC, because in my experience, the tanks aren't doing it. For them, if they have aggro they feel their job is fulfilled.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
This is a good point. I find Blizzard does a terrible job communicating to everyone exactly what they are expected to do. Not everyone reads the forums or checks fan sites that include all this information. I don't want to have to explain to every group how they are expected to play. Plus, there are tons of players that never played during vanilla WoW or even BC. These are the players that may have no idea how to use their full range of spells and abilities.

It is not Blizzards fault for those kind of players. Leveling is for players to learn how to use spells. If Blizzard told everyone in the game what to do like robots what would be the point of the game? They want us to explore and LEARN which is the real problem with this game. Too many kids play and feel like they do things best no matter what and they need to learn to branch out and learn how to play their role.

*learnings hard*
Edited by Bomben on 12/9/2010 9:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
81 Tauren Druid

This is why I have been playing LOTRO for a few months and have not started playing WoW again, despite still having an active account. When I saw the changes coming, at first I had fond thoughts of how fun Shadow Labs and other dungeons were back in the day. Instances just felt so interesting and rewarding because marking targets, using CC, and pulling it off made the win much better.

Then I realized that the current PuG DPS player mentality would not easily adjust. And I kind of wanted to be a healer, but cannot see how that will be much fun atm outside of running with a guild.

Maybe Blizzard should have created some sort orf mandatory quest line that made classes use the abilities needed in the new dungeons, explaining along the way why these abilities and strategies would be needed, and not allow people into Cat 5 mans until they completed it.

Instead they dumped that task on the healers, while having a multi-server LFD system that lets puggers not care about having any integrity because they can be a total asshat and still find another group.

Message to Blizzard.....the healers posting on this forum could educate the masses, but how many players out there actually read your forums?

Anyway, I feel for you guys and hope it gets better before there are few healers left. You would be better abandoning pugs for now or at least running with 4 other people you trust to listen.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]