Woot Healing!

90 Tauren Druid
I really have to say, healing right now is really hard and REALLY interesting.

And fun as heck!

Once you get out of your head that people have to be topped off, your mana pool should get a nice little break.

You only have to really spam heal on them when they're taking stupid damage they should otherwise be trying to avoid.

Remind your groups that CC's and interrupts are our new friends! AoE is rarely needed! Single target burning of healers/high dps mobs should help keep your healing self a little less stressed out. Remind your group mates! CC! CC! CC!

Usually splash from AoE heals, I find, tops off your DPS groupies nicely (wild growth, efflorescence, etc.).

I hope the whiners don't ruin this new, exciting way to heal!

Unlimited mana had always been boring to me in Wrath. I always thought "why bother having a mana cost attached to these spells?"

Here's to Cata and the new healing style! I hope you all practice and give it a good honest shot. It really is fun (though, at times, stressful)!

Let's hope bliz keeps the new healing mentality! I am totally digging it!

-Heebie
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
No more spam healz'.
Healing became much harder.
After doing same dungeon 2 or 3 times, i found usefull to keep most of the people with 80% hp if they are takin' dmg (if not, at 100% but healing em slowly with hots, without rush).

Trying to avoid overhealing at all to keep up my mana.
When you realized how the encounter work (after 1-2 tries) you can easily start healing a bit more in the moments players will be taking more dmg than before; After that, just continue healing people slowly.

Found that usefull, maybe avoiding Regrowth... focusing on healing with rejuvenation...and lifebloom sometimes on tank, when he is going to take more dmg.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Personally, in 5 mans (both normal/heroic), I'm finding healing to be MUCH more boring than in WotLK, and I'm also forced to spam Heal for a far larger percentage of my healing than any spell I used while holy spec in ICC. The heroic fights themselves have fun mechanics from the few I've seen (need more main spec tanks...), but I'm not enjoying healing itself at all, really. =(
Edited by Elliora on 12/8/2010 11:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/08/2010 11:14 PMPosted by Elliora
Personally, in 5 mans (both normal/heroic), I'm finding healing to be MUCH more boring than in WotLK, and I'm also forced to spam Heal for a far larger percentage of my healing than any spell I used while holy spec in ICC. The heroic fights themselves have fun mechanics from the few I've seen (need more main spec tanks...), but I'm not enjoying healing itself at all, really. =(

I used to only wild growth near the end of Wrath.

Maybe Rejuv once or twice.

THAT was boring! Heh.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest

I'm enjoying it more, but I understand some people aren't.

Its hard to describe but its sort of like healing in wotlk was like playing a First Person Shooter and healing in Cata is like playing a Real Time Strategy... if that makes any sense.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]