Resto Druids - The Little Man

86 Night Elf Druid
12/09/2010 6:59 AMPosted by Lissanna
Dear Peddi -
You have a 329 average ilevel equipped according to your armory (below the 333 recommended for heroics).

Dear Lissanna

LVL 83 and all your Wrath gear please move along and wait till your 85 and see if you find spell leather items easily thank you now move along.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/09/2010 12:08 PMPosted by Deùce

Dear Lissanna

LVL 83 and all your Wrath gear please move along and wait till your 85 and see if you find spell leather items easily thank you now move along.

Look at my gear? I'm already in nearly pre-raid BiS. Lissanna's twice the healer you are, if not more. Just because you can't function when you don't overgear content 10x over doesn't mean it's impossible. Either you or your group is not as good as you thought you were.
Reply Quote
84 Draenei Shaman
12/09/2010 5:19 AMPosted by Proudlol
12/09/2010 4:12 AMPosted by Leafs
Why do people think that everyone must be at 100% health 100% of the time? Get it out of your heads and you will have an easier time healing. I still cast nourish if the tank is at 50% health. It's all about knowing WHEN he's going to take spike damage and using CDs at the appropriate times. Druids are fine right now.

I believe all of you are incorrect in thinking it won't be changed. Do not forget that blizzard is a business, and have one thing on their minds. Money. So would you think that they would go for the majority of casuals (Players that spend the most money and are in more abundance, thus the name majority) or the minors of the elite (World 1st - 1000st guilds, who takes up the challenge to have overall better players in the guild and are the elitist)?? Well if you didn't get the clues from the celestial mount or the 10 or so in game pets, or all the nifty abilities you can do with characters now a days, blizzard cares only of how much money they bring in, and will please only those that brings in that money.

Well like you all did for this fella at the end of your statements.

If I would have guessed for the lack of knowledge of this game, I would say you all just bought this game yesterday.

I'm in love with you.
But healing is rather broken. You have to look at numbers too...not just blizzards intentions, and how they say healing is supposed to work. I really just think things are scaled wrong.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/09/2010 12:23 PMPosted by Nicolette
12/09/2010 5:19 AMPosted by Proudlol
[quote="14059947483"]Why do people think that everyone must be at 100% health 100% of the time? Get it out of your heads and you will have an easier time healing. I still cast nourish if the tank is at 50% health. It's all about knowing WHEN he's going to take spike damage and using CDs at the appropriate times. Druids are fine right now.

I believe all of you are incorrect in thinking it won't be changed. Do not forget that blizzard is a business, and have one thing on their minds. Money. So would you think that they would go for the majority of casuals (Players that spend the most money and are in more abundance, thus the name majority) or the minors of the elite (World 1st - 1000st guilds, who takes up the challenge to have overall better players in the guild and are the elitist)?? Well if you didn't get the clues from the celestial mount or the 10 or so in game pets, or all the nifty abilities you can do with characters now a days, blizzard cares only of how much money they bring in, and will please only those that brings in that money.

Well like you all did for this fella at the end of your statements.

If I would have guessed for the lack of knowledge of this game, I would say you all just bought this game yesterday.

I'm in love with you.
But healing is rather broken. You have to look at numbers too...not just blizzards intentions, and how they say healing is supposed to work. I really just think things are scaled wrong.

I completely agree, some points the young man did not bring up into session would be some small facts;

-I go up 1.5k SP and all my spells heal for the exact same as they did 1.5k SP previous.
-Wild Growth is not something a smart druid healer would even consider to use. 5.8k mana for roughly 850-650 ticks on each person whom has health roughly around 110k or a little less.

Keep in mind, healing at the moment is pretty easy if you follow how blizzard wanted you to run raids. Quests --> Normals --> Heroics --> Badge --> Raid. But it is a little, not that much, but a little more challenging to skip the middle man and just go straight from heroics or normals to raids.

Forth and foremost I found myself, as a druid, trading my well established dominance as a raid healer for being the best tank healer for the mana.

AND WHY WOULDN'T I??? 2 and 4 pc both bring in great tank healing abilities. x3LB and Nourish Spam with the ever so regrowth/LB proc keeps your mana in place for a long while, especially with the proper professions and gear/pots/vat exchanges.

All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

-Proud

ps. I RP like its hot.
Edited by Proudlol on 12/10/2010 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/09/2010 6:54 AMPosted by Lissanna
You should also drop malfurion's gift and take 2 points in Furor to boost the size of your mana pool. .

Almost, but not quite. Malfurion's Gift = free healing touch.
What he needs to to do is drop 2 points out of Nature's Bounty and put those 2 in Furor.
Edited by Outiluke on 12/10/2010 10:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Most of the fun I had healing used to be healing through mess-ups and healing through things that were near impossible.

It is absolutely impossible to do that now in cataclysm it costs way too much mana to heal to your full potential, even for a small amount of time. But then, your full potential isn't even slightly enough to heal through some of the bigger mistakes even if mana wasn't a issue.

Allow lifebloom to be used on everyone, increase all heals by 25% and decrease mana costs of spells by 20% and healing could possibly be fun.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0hrZcZMfzId0ruouo

Is the easiest entry spec. You can switch over Genesis to Moonglow but I wouldn't recommend it.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/10/2010 11:21 AMPosted by Faveokatro
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0hrZcZMfzId0ruouo

Is the easiest entry spec. You can switch over Genesis to Moonglow but I wouldn't recommend it.

According to Elitist Jerks, this is wrong. Here's the difference:

3/3 Moonglow
0/3 Gensis
2/3 Furor
1/3 Nature's Bounty
0/1 Nature's Swiftness
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/09/2010 6:59 AMPosted by Lissanna
Dear Peddi -
You have a 329 average ilevel equipped according to your armory (below the 333 recommended for heroics).

9 unenchanted items
6 items you could reforge to add spirit
3 bad green items you could replace with blues

Your spec seems to be okay. Heroics are hard because you are still slightly undergeared.

Can i get one of these?

Also, i just healed an instance. and my healing gear isn't quite as good as my tanking gear. But i've been healing since you had to spec into innervate or be useless. I understand a lot of the QQ coming from people, as well as others talking about minimizing damage. But, here's what i see...

HoT's not ticking for pretty much anything compared to tank health.
HoT's being VERY expensive in contrast to their mana costs.
Druids having a HUGE problem healing instances, even normal Grim Batol.
The third boss has an AOE that hits everyone, regardless of positioning.
And the adds although easily kill-able, summon drakes that hit for 30k each.
(That's the last boss mind you)
I then was switched to tank when our tank left and a paladin healer came in.
I repositioned the boss, marked adds, and the paladin was crit healing me for 20k ish.

Thus, i was like... well. Wtf? My heals barely hit for half that....

AND... They cost double the mana?

Off Topic ---- Anyone seen the mana cost for hurricane BTW?

Nourish being such a long cast should heal for at least double with full HoTs up.
Yes, i know i'm not currently talented for it.... You can understand why....
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Double post.
Edited by Awfeel on 12/10/2010 12:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
87 Troll Druid
12/09/2010 12:01 PMPosted by Vycun
Druids think druids heal are broken
Priests think priest heals are broken
Pallies think pally heals are broken
Shaman think shaman heals are broken

Every healer is dealing with these adjustments, it's not just your healing class.

Im not talking to anyone that has at least 2 of those 4 healing classes and may compare
or even a friend with the rest to try how they are doin'.
thxthxbye
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
That is what your efficient heal is supposed to be once you hit about 5% mana - if you just use your efficient heal when you drop super low on mana, you still have an auto-attack (ie. on beta, once i hit 5% mana, I'd just keep up Lifebloom & nourish). Druids need LB for the replenishment effect, and LB is actually chaper than nourish, then I'd just use nourish on the tank and let the DPS know they were on their own.

Thats not what I am talking about, but thanks for the common sense reply!
Edited by Jotch on 12/15/2010 11:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Posted by Outiluke

According to Elitist Jerks, this is wrong. Here's the difference:

3/3 Moonglow
0/3 Gensis
2/3 Furor
1/3 Nature's Bounty
0/1 Nature's Swiftness

Well first, the spec differs because theirs is a raiding spec assuming optimal conditions. Thus, no NS. I do disagree with this though because NS effectively has a 1 minute CD with the HT glyph or less, and is our only instant direct heal on most fights since efflo needs to go in certain places. Second, I'm not actually sure why the thread has 3/3 Moonglow over 3/3 Furor, because last I checked Furor gave more regen. Nature's Bounty is worthless, even their thread says that if you don't use it to drop it.

You tailor your spec to suit your play, not just take one off EJ and assume it's the "best". Maybe that's why you're making QQ threads with your EJ spec while the majority of druids are perfectly fine.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I agree all of our spells are too weak...

Swif.M , a 15sec, "emergency heal" dont heal for 10% of tanks health....

reju ticks too low and spent a lot of mana...

Regr. is total fail....If crit.. heals less than a non-critc flash of light or healing surge....

if does not crit u just wasted a ton of mana and healed ur ally for 5k rofl...

they really need to take a look at druids....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Posted by Shabada

She's just trying to help people who say they're having a hard time.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

People don't like to be told they're doing something wrong. It "has" to be the class.

Healing is different, yes. It's harder than the spamfest some of you were used to. It will get better with gear and experience.

For me, healing in itself is "ok" so far. I don't have too many problems keeping people alive and the only instance I can recall running oom was the last boss in lost city. Granted I haven't run heroics as I feel my gear isn't able to handle it just yet, but it's been a learning experience.

I don't believe druid healing to be "broken". The heals are fine. I always have lifebloom up on the tank. I always use Healing touch on my free heal procs. Regrowth I use extremely sparingly and usually on the dps when they're just about to bite it. Pop tree when you need it. the 15% extra healing is nice and being able to get lifebloom on everyone is a great thing. I'm finding the more instances I heal, the better I seem to be getting at conserving mana. It just takes practice and experience. Of course gear, enchants and gems help too!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Ten
oops double post
Edited by Orishas on 12/15/2010 1:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Ten
While I admit I havn't started raiding yet (a couple still getting ready in our small guild), I've healed all the heroics but Scarlet monestary (havn't gotten it as a random and didn't need gear from there specifically) and Druid healing feels "Fine" at the heroic level. It is certainly more challenging than wrath, but I enjoy it. Whenever there is a pull or boss encounter that feels "impossible" to heal - it usually turns out to be a mechanic that is not being handled properly and not really a healing issue. I agree with the statement that lifebloom stacked refreshed by nourish is our equivalent of autoattack. It supplies a decent stream of healing and sustainable with no mana.

I currently have mostly heroic gear which has made things easier, but I was able to heal the harder instances (with many wipes while we worked things out admittedly) when I didnt really qualify (I got an agility item from the vendor and another item I didnt plan on using to get the gearscore because I was planning on grouping with guildies)

While I can't really compare our healing to other classes(our priest makes it look easy but he's just good at everything), I get the feeling they are experiencing the same difficulty increase we are.
Edited by Orishas on 12/15/2010 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
12/09/2010 4:12 AMPosted by Leafs
Why do people think that everyone must be at 100% health 100% of the time? Get it out of your heads and you will have an easier time healing. I still cast nourish if the tank is at 50% health. It's all about knowing WHEN he's going to take spike damage and using CDs at the appropriate times. Druids are fine right now.

Read again no one said topping off he said dps die because he's oom from spamming 10k heals on a 150k tank while its taking 20k+ damage
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
12/15/2010 1:02 PMPosted by Orishas
While I admit I havn't started raiding yet (a couple still getting ready in our small guild), I've healed all the heroics but Scarlet monestary

i lol'd
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]