I just spent hours upon hours wiping

85 Tauren Druid
And I f***king liked it. Heroics are once again challenging. Well done Blizzard and for the love of GOD, do not nerf them because people think they should be able to walk in and zerg a heroic.

2-3 hours of wiping in a heroic and I can't say that I've enjoyed the game this much since TBC.

Keep up the fine work Blizzard and please let this difficulty carry over into raids.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
May I ask why you were wiping? Was it because you were running oom? Lol.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
you do realize the only difficulty is on the healer because he ooms. The game mechanics are in fact not harder at all. Just the fact that they made heals horrible. Which is extremely cheap and lack luster of blizzard to "solve a problem"
Reply Quote
Well, I'm glad that you have the time to waste to wipe in heroic for hours on end.
Not all of us are so lucky though, and call us crazy, but maybe we'd like to finish a daily heroic in less than an hour. Maybe we'd also like to have enough mana to sustain using any healing spell except our efficient heal for more than 10 seconds without watching our mana drop like a rock while seeing health pools barely go up.

When I'm healing a target and my mana pool is dropping faster than their health is going up, there's a problem.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Exactly if they wanted us to use more then one spell, how come we have only one "efficient" spell to use. Seems more like Bliz just drastically wanted to nerf all healers in general and use the "one button spamming" as a excuse to get it done.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Nope, hated it. Actually just hate the mana thing. Not a fan of wiping on what should be simple encounters.
Reply Quote
84 Human Priest
It is fun, but only for a very small minority of us. Let's also not forget that these 10 dungeons will be run for 2 years to farm points as new gear is released to vendors.

You can't expect the playerbase at large to grind that much under those conditions. So, if the content is not substantially easier with better gear, it will be nerfed--exactly like TBC.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Why is it that heroics should be simple, exactly?

12/09/2010 5:20 AMPosted by Pürevil
Nope, hated it. Actually just hate the mana thing. Not a fan of wiping on what should be simple encounters.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
What did you eat?!?!?!?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest

Healing is the way the game punishes the group for failing on mechanics, its not that everything but healing is still easy, its that the game punishes you via your healing.

For example if DPS doesn't do what it needs to do to avoid agro and damage, the healer has to spend more mana, goes oom, and the group wipes. This isn't because healing is harder, its because the DPS failed the mechanics.

Your healer's mana is the buffer the group has for messing up encounters. The more you mess up, the more mana is need, and once its gone, your dead. Its not about healing being nerfed, its about it being more linked to group performance.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/09/2010 12:16 PMPosted by Saykes
Healing is the way the game punishes the group for failing on mechanics, its not that everything but healing is still easy, its that the game punishes you via your healing.

For example if DPS doesn't do what it needs to do to avoid agro and damage, the healer has to spend more mana, goes oom, and the group wipes. This isn't because healing is harder, its because the DPS failed the mechanics.

Your healer's mana is the buffer the group has for messing up encounters. The more you mess up, the more mana is need, and once its gone, your dead. Its not about healing being nerfed, its about it being more linked to group performance.

Exactly what this guy says. You just have to get it out of your head that you can carry the group alone like LK. It's not the case anymore. It's not that they're shunting all blame and responsibility on you, rather they're doing exactly the opposite.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

This.

Outside of Wrath of the Lich King, healer mana has basically always been the "built-in enrage" timer, if you will.

Players of all roles will need to learn that it is their responsibility to assist in this in various ways. For example, if the Evolved Twilight Zealots in Blackrock Caverns get to cast "Shadow Strike", that's more mana a healer has to spend that a DPS or Tank could have easily prevented.
Edited by Marilzon on 12/9/2010 12:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/09/2010 9:55 AMPosted by Zapar
Don't have time to wipe for hours on end to reach a more satisfying kill then a icc boss? I reconmend you do normal dungeons.

Lol at the guy saying blizzard is cheap for making heals costly, scrubba.

Because heroics are the end game content, right?

Oh wait, those are raids. Let the raids take several hours and require flawless playing. Heroics have no business being wipefests.

They shouldn't be like Wrath heroics which were loot pinatas, though. There just needs to be some room for mistakes.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
You shut your mouth leafs... shut it!!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
[Removed] Post history stalking counter measure. :)
Edited by Ashleìgh on 3/9/2011 10:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Tauren Paladin

It's like you read my mind, and spit these words out before I did. Thumbs up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]