For everyone that thinks healing is fine

90 Undead Priest
Ok, tough guys, healing just perfect huh?

Go heal ICC right now with some of your buddies alts, take your 85 and try to heal the instance that you cruised through last week. You'll line that .. whats this? You've become VASTLY less powerful in gaining 5 levels.

That seems broken to me.

I could heal the 85 level heroics a ton better at 80 than I can at 85. My heals havent scaled at all, they're still hitting for about the same (ok maybe with the 30% icc buff). Cost a quarter of the mana and flowed like a river. Now I got a squirt gun.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
TSP
It's old content, man.

Besides, we all knew this was coming. We all knew well in advance that leveling would make us weaker. You're not saying anything new.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Summary

Bad players who thought Wrath of the Pong King was what the game should be crying now because OMG I have to think, the tank has to think, the dps have to CC and think...and work as a team...oh noes!!!
Reply Quote
17 Worgen Druid
12/09/2010 10:58 AMPosted by Zapar
Starting to think this guys a troll for real.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
12/09/2010 10:55 AMPosted by Sanctimonius
Besides, we all knew this was coming. We all knew well in advance that leveling would make us weaker

Who knew? And only healers are going to get weaker? Where was the memo on that one?

What sense does that make? Like at level 11 you finally owned Hogger but at level 50, that mob is now going to beat the stuffing out of you?

Thing is, if you look at my original challenge, go back to ICC with 85's -- it's now the most difficult instance out there? What?
Reply Quote
17 Worgen Druid
12/09/2010 11:03 AMPosted by Docter
12/09/2010 10:55 AMPosted by Sanctimonius
Besides, we all knew this was coming. We all knew well in advance that leveling would make us weaker

Who knew? And only healers are going to get weaker? Where was the memo on that one?

What sense does that make? Like at level 11 you finally owned Hogger but at level 50, that mob is now going to beat the stuffing out of you?

Thing is, if you look at my original challenge, go back to ICC with 85's -- it's now the most difficult instance out there? What?

The only difference I could see is the concept that you can't AOE tank, and they have tons of mobs in HOR and whatever the other one was called... yeah Wrath of the Lich what?

So they didn't redo old content to match new design. Possibly not being able to heal old content not redone to match current overall mechanics proves nothing except that grasping straws is always a good debate method.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/09/2010 11:03 AMPosted by Docter

Ghostcrawler wrote like a gazillion posts on the topic? Everybody who was in beta could tell you?

That mana costs for healers were going to be ramped up had been the game plan for ages. Why? Because the infinite-mana model of WotLK simply wasn't sustainable.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/09/2010 10:51 AMPosted by Docter
Ok, tough guys, healing just perfect huh?

Go heal ICC right now with some of your buddies alts, take your 85 and try to heal the instance that you cruised through last week. You'll line that .. whats this? You've become VASTLY less powerful in gaining 5 levels.

That seems broken to me.

I could heal the 85 level heroics a ton better at 80 than I can at 85. My heals havent scaled at all, they're still hitting for about the same (ok maybe with the 30% icc buff). Cost a quarter of the mana and flowed like a river. Now I got a squirt gun.

My guild is doing just that this weekend. I come back and let you know how it goes after we down Lich King.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I hope you can this weekend. I doubt it, I wish you luck and doubt that you'll post something back
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

My guild is doing just that this weekend. I come back and let you know how it goes after we down Lich King.

No offense, but if you didn't do it in WOTLK you aren't going to do it in Cata. Or at least not without pulling teeth.

Try to dial back on the superiority complex.
Reply Quote
17 Worgen Druid
12/09/2010 11:51 AMPosted by Choo

No offense, but if you didn't do it in WOTLK you aren't going to do it in Cata. Or at least not without pulling teeth.

Try to dial back on the superiority complex.

Not to fan the fire but... it is funny because it is true.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest

Bad players who thought Wrath of the Pong King was what the game should be crying now because OMG I have to think, the tank has to think, the dps have to CC and think...and work as a team...oh noes!!!

Wanting to actually improve as I level and be able to heal for more than like 10% of a player's max health has nothing to do with skill. it is a playstyle preference. I just think the new healing system is boring, unfun, and that there really aren't any "interesting" choices because the spells are all crappy anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
12/09/2010 11:55 AMPosted by Elliora
Wanting to actually improve as I level and be able to heal for more than like 10% of a player's max health has nothing to do with skill. it is a playstyle preference. I just think the new healing system is boring, unfun, and that there really aren't any "interesting" choices because the spells are all crappy anyway.

This.

Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I actually enjoy the new healing model its much more entertaining than. "PoM, bubble/FH spam" that was wrath. It makes me actually think about what im casting/going to cast (I actually have to pay attention). It also makes everyone focus on not taking damage they dont have to.

If you want "spam 1 button = win" get with a group of like minded people and turn your xp gain off at 80 and just run wotlk forever. In the meantime the rest of us will enjoy the use of our brains.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/09/2010 12:53 PMPosted by Gwendall
I actually enjoy the new healing model its much more entertaining than. "PoM, bubble/FH spam" that was wrath. It makes me actually think about what im casting/going to cast (I actually have to pay attention). It also makes everyone focus on not taking damage they dont have to.

If you want "spam 1 button = win" get with a group of like minded people and turn your xp gain off at 80 and just run wotlk forever. In the meantime the rest of us will enjoy the use of our brains.

THIS!

I continue to read Q after Q after Q and what I see is:

They don't have time (read patience) to run a heroic that might take a few hours and requires CC or thought.
They don't want to manage overhealing, stop overreacting to damage and spamming everyone up.
A general unwillingness to work with the mechanics, HOLD YOUR DPS AND TANK ACCOUNTABLE for their failings when it comes to damage taken, or learn the new system.

Wrath healing was stupid and boring. I shouldnt have been able to walk into 10 man ICC, solo heal Heroic Marrowgar at 19k hps and laughed at my ever-full mana bar while doing it.

Now, I have to think. I have to MAKE people use my lightwell, I have to not overheal or refresh a hot that doesn't need it. I HAVE to dispel that horrible ticking debuff.

Cata right now is soooo much fun...please Blizz, please don't let lazy people who hate interacting with people in groups and are too afraid to tell a dps and/or tank they are doing something wrong ruin my experience...pleeeeeease.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
12/09/2010 1:00 PMPosted by Tiffamy

THIS!

They don't have time (read patience) to run a heroic that might take a few hours and requires CC or thought.
They don't want to manage overhealing, stop overreacting to damage and spamming everyone up.
A general unwillingness to work with the mechanics, HOLD YOUR DPS AND TANK ACCOUNTABLE for their failings when it comes to damage taken, or learn the new system.

Wrath healing was stupid and boring. I shouldnt have been able to walk into 10 man ICC, solo heal Heroic Marrowgar at 19k hps and laughed at my ever-full mana bar while doing it.

Now, I have to think. I have to MAKE people use my lightwell, I have to not overheal or refresh a hot that doesn't need it. I HAVE to dispel that horrible ticking debuff.

Cata right now is soooo much fun...please Blizz, please don't let lazy people who hate interacting with people in groups and are too afraid to tell a dps and/or tank they are doing something wrong ruin my experience...pleeeeeease.

WarCraft is a game, not a job.

Maybe if it were to give out a salary and health care in return for the headache it'd be worth the new healing model.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/09/2010 1:00 PMPosted by Tiffamy
12/09/2010 12:53 PMPosted by Gwendall

THIS!

I can't speak for others, but my general fun is not derived from bossing others around, telling others they are bad or playing wrong, or otherwise trying to leverage my role in order to bully strangers trying to have a good time.

While I am not suggesting that absolutely careless playing should be rewarded, I definitely think my own fun would be increased if they made heals more effective. I like the higher mana costs, making heal selection relevant... but at this time I feel the selection is not that relevant due to the relative weakness of heals. You simply spam.

If you like spamming and you like bossing others around and generally being obnoxious to others, then this has definitely been the expansion to celebrate.

Maybe I am just non-confrontational... I like a support role... I don't like having to be the bad guy.
Edited by Vidomina on 12/9/2010 1:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/09/2010 1:22 PMPosted by Vidomina
[quote="14060452783"]

Maybe I am just non-confrontational... I like a support role... I don't like having to be the bad guy.

I'm more used to the tank playing the bad cop and the healer playing the good cop, but in the end the warning gets through the DPS's thick skull.
But if the tank ain't siding with the healer, time to leave.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]