For everyone that thinks healing is fine

Except we are still spamming heals - just not our most powerful ones. I, for one, don't see the difference between spamming rejuv in wrath and spamming nourish now, except that the latter is far more frustrating since it has a 2.5s (!) cast time.

There is no choice - casting almost anything else, even in "emergencies" typically makes you go oom.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/09/2010 1:22 PMPosted by Vidomina
While I am not suggesting that absolutely careless playing should be rewarded, I definitely think my own fun would be increased if they made heals more effective. I like the higher mana costs, making heal selection relevant... but at this time I feel the selection is not that relevant due to the relative weakness of heals. You simply spam.

The sky is not falling. There is more at play here than bliz taking a big swing at healing general with the nerf bat. That definatly hurt, but also keep in mind you are going from massivley over-gearing everything and/or a 30% buff, back down to the crappiest gear available in Cataclysm, I doubt anyone here has a full set of i359 gear( the i200 eqiv I believe), in wotlk if someone came crying cause they couldn't face-roll heal heroics in all sub i200 no one would have cared.

- These instances are supposed to be hard at our gear level.
- Brute force healing is a thing of the past. (We'll see if that remains true in upper gear levels)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/09/2010 12:53 PMPosted by Gwendall
I actually enjoy the new healing model its much more entertaining than. "PoM, bubble/FH spam" that was wrath. It makes me actually think about what im casting/going to cast (I actually have to pay attention). It also makes everyone focus on not taking damage they dont have to.

If you want "spam 1 button = win" get with a group of like minded people and turn your xp gain off at 80 and just run wotlk forever. In the meantime the rest of us will enjoy the use of our brains.

How is spamming the heal button that big of a difference from what we were doing in lich king? Spam is spam don't try to pretend it's not. I'm not part of the healing is impossible or it's to difficult but how the hell does the "heal" spell not bore you to tears? I think I hate that spell more than I've ever hated anything in a game. It's boring, bland and despite what you may think it's every bit as mindless as renew spam. They didn't change the game in the way I expected them to, they just basically made healing meaningless, we're simply death delayers now. Hope to god the dps drops the boss's HP bar faster than our MANA bar that's the only real race happening at this point. Healers are the enrage timer now and I'm not really sure how happy I am about that.
Edited by Kittysox on 12/9/2010 1:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
While I am enjoying the fact that we have to stopcast again and everything is so tight, I do think that this new model should be changed just a hair. Stressful != fun. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving it and will continue to gear up, but as it stands, ending every boss fight with 200 mana is pushing it.

Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/09/2010 1:56 PMPosted by Zzazu
12/09/2010 1:22 PMPosted by Vidomina
While I am not suggesting that absolutely careless playing should be rewarded, I definitely think my own fun would be increased if they made heals more effective. I like the higher mana costs, making heal selection relevant... but at this time I feel the selection is not that relevant due to the relative weakness of heals. You simply spam.

The sky is not falling. There is more at play here than bliz taking a big swing at healing general with the nerf bat. That definatly hurt, but also keep in mind you are going from massivley over-gearing everything and/or a 30% buff, back down to the crappiest gear available in Cataclysm, I doubt anyone here has a full set of i359 gear( the i200 eqiv I believe), in wotlk if someone came crying cause they couldn't face-roll heal heroics in all sub i200 no one would have cared.

- These instances are supposed to be hard at our gear level.
- Brute force healing is a thing of the past. (We'll see if that remains true in upper gear levels)

Again... my post wasn't complaining about difficulty at all. My post was not complaining about brute force healing (I specifically said that I like the mana management)...

My complaint was that healing doesn't feel like vanilla... it feels like weak Wrath. I didn't like Wrath spamming, and I am not a huge fan of Cata spamming.

I don't know if you were in vanilla... but GHeal took a fairly large chunk of mana and some skill to time... and it hit like a truck. That is not the GHeal of Cata. Flash heal was a "fast" heal that you could use to save a squishy in trouble... but it took mana. It's incredibly weak in Cata.

I don't have a problem with the constant casting of heal, as it is the efficient spell. That makes sense. It's the other heals that I have issue with... they aren't living up to the expectations of being strategic, imo.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/09/2010 2:01 PMPosted by Vidomina
My complaint was that healing doesn't feel like vanilla... it feels like weak Wrath. I didn't like Wrath spamming, and I am not a huge fan of Cata spamming.

I don't know if you were in vanilla... but GHeal took a fairly large chunk of mana and some skill to time... and it hit like a truck. That is not the GHeal of Cata. Flash heal was a "fast" heal that you could use to save a squishy in trouble... but it took mana. It's incredibly weak in Cata.

I don't have a problem with the constant casting of heal, as it is the efficient spell. That makes sense. It's the other heals that I have issue with... they aren't living up to the expectations of being strategic, imo

Yeah, I'd agree with that the GHW feels a bit soft and to be honest HW feels like as casted hot tick at times. But at this point I feel like that is more a function of my bad gear and not some major systemic flaw. Are healing numbers perfect right now? probably not they will be tweeked, but they are not so horribly out of sync that we cannot handle current content with proper level gear and a shift in our and our group's mentality.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
So this post is for all those healers feeling the pain right now...I dont personally know the feeling, but in every instance I've run since being 85 the healers have had a hard time keeping their mana up and or keeping players up(invis ftw). A buddy of mine has every class at 80 and decided to level his druid first...he hit 85 and we did all the instances and he quit to start leveling his warrior...his response...healing isnt fun anymore...BLIZZ FIX HEALING SO MY HEALER COMES BACK!!

Theres a fine line between stressful and fun and right now there is only stress it seems...thank you for listening to my proxy rant.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
does anyone remember healing in wrath the day u hit 80?
didnt think so. This is a huge upgrade becuase beginning wrath there was no spam (except for effin druids) u SAT THERE AND REGENED WHILE PEOPLE DIED. it was 100x more frustrating. right now u have a spell u can spam ad infinitum regardless of what class u are and the other more potent different spells are situational. seems like one hell of a lot easier and better then the first day of wrath to me. oh wait becuase it is. QFT QQers.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Tauren Paladin
12/09/2010 11:55 AMPosted by Elliora

Bad players who thought Wrath of the Pong King was what the game should be crying now because OMG I have to think, the tank has to think, the dps have to CC and think...and work as a team...oh noes!!!

Wanting to actually improve as I level and be able to heal for more than like 10% of a player's max health has nothing to do with skill. it is a playstyle preference. I just think the new healing system is boring, unfun, and that there really aren't any "interesting" choices because the spells are all crappy anyway.

The way they have implemented healing isn't a 'playstyle,' it's the way healing is.

Buffing healing by say, maybe 5% I can understand. At least that way it isn't so emergency-stressful so frequently. However any further and I think we're gonna be stepping into being OP again.

What they have done isn't necessarily improve our spells, as they are trying to make us improve OURSELVES as healers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

The way they have implemented healing isn't a 'playstyle,' it's the way healing is.

Buffing healing by say, maybe 5% I can understand. At least that way it isn't so emergency-stressful so frequently. However any further and I think we're gonna be stepping into being OP again.

What they have done isn't necessarily improve our spells, as they are trying to make us improve OURSELVES as healers.

So we were OP in vanilla? OP in BC? cause the "big" heals were VERY significantly larger compared to player health at both those times.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Why are the people defending how healing is fine are lvl 83's?
I'm somewhat ok with how healing is, but I would like an actual emergency heal, or hell an aoe heal on a cooldown that won't send my mana off a cliff.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
UM NO. Dps is NOT trying to avoid damage and they are NOT CC'ing. That's the problem.

L2P Healers can't carry your dumb dps butts anymore.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I'll heal ICC.

C'mon, let's go.
Edited by Nitelust on 12/10/2010 6:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/09/2010 11:20 AMPosted by Angelique
12/09/2010 11:03 AMPosted by Docter
Who knew? And only healers are going to get weaker? Where was the memo on that one?

Ghostcrawler wrote like a gazillion posts on the topic? Everybody who was in beta could tell you?

That mana costs for healers were going to be ramped up had been the game plan for ages. Why? Because the infinite-mana model of WotLK simply wasn't sustainable.

we knew the infinite mana plan was going to be gone, but out heals scale worse at level 85 than at 80? pds and tanks all saw large increases in their areas and we are expected to just take weaker healing to make content hard? why is the burden on us alone?
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Tauren Paladin
12/10/2010 5:48 PMPosted by Elliora

So we were OP in vanilla? OP in BC? cause the "big" heals were VERY significantly larger compared to player health at both those times.

Absolutely not. That doesn't mean certain classes weren't OP, certain abilities weren't OP, and that homogenization wasn't nearly as implemented as well in the game as it is now.

Damage output from mobs were generally dictated the same way; DPS/Tank does something stupid - fatal damage output occurs.

Your problem is just that healing isn't LARGE. That's fine. It doesn't have to be when you have smart DPS that don't make stupid decisions.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Even with Corrupted Egg Shell, Shadowfiend, Hymn of Hope, Arcane Torrent, Potion of Concentration and an avg ilvl of 335 (with ALL available reforges to Spirit) I am unable to regen enough mana in a heroic dungeon to allow for progression. This is the case even with a competent dungeon composition that is not taking excess damage from bosses (i.e. standing in fire). I am hearing from multiple sources on my server and via the dungeon finder system that priests are useless in heroic progression at the moment and I am seeing people pass me over for invites to heroic dungeons due to the fact becoming more and more common knowledge.

This wouldn't bother me so much except for that last mention. I do not want to become the last resort choice at 4am server time when you can't find a druid or shamman to heal for you.

My combat regen is barely cresting 1800. I feel as though I should at a minimum be able to run oom with all my cd's used toward the END of a fight not at 50% boss hp.

I have already done things such as limit my raid healing and flash heal usage (seeing as it costs me 6k mana to use at 85....another bummer for another post), but am running into a regen wall on nearly every heroic boss fight. I am fully willing to commit to relearning our horrible ICC healing patterns of spam spam spam, but this regen is not enough when faced with a solo healing stance such as a dungeon group/5 man.
"I go oom killing one mob in Tol Barad for dailies." random trade chat priest, Magtheridon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Absolutely not. That doesn't mean certain classes weren't OP, certain abilities weren't OP, and that homogenization wasn't nearly as implemented as well in the game as it is now.

Damage output from mobs were generally dictated the same way; DPS/Tank does something stupid - fatal damage output occurs.

Your problem is just that healing isn't LARGE. That's fine. It doesn't have to be when you have smart DPS that don't make stupid decisions.

Well it does matter to me. And clearly, it matters to many others since there are many similar comments. When I cast a heal, I want to see the HP bar actually go UP not just stay about the same. And when I am smart and save my mana for a higher damage part of the fight, I want to have some actual big/emergency heals I can use, instead I just get to use that mana for expensive but only slightly less crappy heals. It's just so disappointing and unfun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/09/2010 10:51 AMPosted by Docter
Ok, tough guys, healing just perfect huh?

Go heal ICC right now with some of your buddies alts, take your 85 and try to heal the instance that you cruised through last week. You'll line that .. whats this? You've become VASTLY less powerful in gaining 5 levels.

That seems broken to me.

I could heal the 85 level heroics a ton better at 80 than I can at 85. My heals havent scaled at all, they're still hitting for about the same (ok maybe with the 30% icc buff). Cost a quarter of the mana and flowed like a river. Now I got a squirt gun.

Agreed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/09/2010 12:53 PMPosted by Gwendall
I actually enjoy the new healing model its much more entertaining than. "PoM, bubble/FH spam" that was wrath. It makes me actually think about what im casting/going to cast (I actually have to pay attention). It also makes everyone focus on not taking damage they dont have to.

If you want "spam 1 button = win" get with a group of like minded people and turn your xp gain off at 80 and just run wotlk forever. In the meantime the rest of us will enjoy the use of our brains.

that's all fine and dandy, except the brainwork in which you so relish is done as soon as you figure out your spells in the first 1-2 runs. At least in the case of druids.

"lets see, i'll cast hots cause i'm a druid and it seems as though we're built to specialize in that"

several wipes later

"oh, ok, so i'll cast regrowth, its a direct heal, with a hot"

immediate wipe

"hmm... frustrating ok.. so i'll just do direct heals.. nourish looks cheap and after that mana nightmare with regrowth, it should be alright"

several wipes later

"ok, well i have ONE SPELL LEFT, lets use healing touch"

downing bosses

"sounds bout right, 3 stacks of lifebloom and spam healing touch"

so much for your illustrious grand master PRO SKILLS, the decision was made before you even started. just face it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]