For everyone that thinks healing is fine

76 Troll Druid
^ lol

Anyways, i don't think most people have a problem with heals costing a lot of mana.

The problem is, our 'efficient' heal heals for a tiny amount of health, while our 'big' heal heals for...also a tiny amount.

If a spell is going to take a sixth of my mana, it better heal a big chunk of health to compensate. But they don't.

THIS is the problem, not anything to do with difficulty or playstyle or QQ, it's the way the different heals are all relatively useless when none of them hit hard enough to justify the mana cost.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Healing is awesome now. Before Cata it was incredibly difficult to stand out as a healer. You saved the dps from their own stupid mistakes and got no thanks for it. At least now, when I do a good job of keeping people up, the group notices. When someone makes a mistake, the group notices. If a dps dies, it's not the healer's fault anymore, it's the idiot who didn't los the spike barrage or got one-shot by a geyser.

Also, comparing Heal spam to Rejuv/Chain Heal/HL/PWS spam is a tad ridiculous. In wrath, CH was the heal of choice no matter what the situation (unless of course you had to heal a single target who wasn't close to anyone else). Now I have to pay attention to procs, make sure to line up riptide with chain heal every time I cast it, use unleash elements before any big heal. There's actually thought involved, and that's what makes it awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Healing sucks so much that the ladies on the street corner fear for there jobs.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/09/2010 10:51 AMPosted by Docter
Ok, tough guys, healing just perfect huh?

Go heal ICC right now with some of your buddies alts, take your 85 and try to heal the instance that you cruised through last week. You'll line that .. whats this? You've become VASTLY less powerful in gaining 5 levels.

That seems broken to me.

I could heal the 85 level heroics a ton better at 80 than I can at 85. My heals havent scaled at all, they're still hitting for about the same (ok maybe with the 30% icc buff). Cost a quarter of the mana and flowed like a river. Now I got a squirt gun.

You're an idiot, level 80 raids were designed for the level 80 healing system, not the level 85 one.

QQ more you terribad
Reply Quote
Am i the only one who still feels like i'm spamming 1 spell? only difference i see is that that one spell is almost worthless. I love the new healing system its great when a group of friends are with u figuring out what to do in the dungeon. But as it stands right now because my heal is so @!@#ty there is some bosses i simply cant heal my group through. U can say i suck and i need to l2p all u want i spam heal, use greater heal when needed and flash if i really have too. But in the end i see no impact on the health bar and when a boss does 100k dmg to someone over 5 sec i don't know what to do with the current state of my heals. Especially when i'm the one who gets picked up. It saddens me cause i like the new system just not the impact the heals have.

Flame on and make fun of my spelling.
Reply Quote
28 Undead Mage
12/12/2010 11:01 AMPosted by Unchained
^ lol

Anyways, i don't think most people have a problem with heals costing a lot of mana.

The problem is, our 'efficient' heal heals for a tiny amount of health, while our 'big' heal heals for...also a tiny amount.

If a spell is going to take a sixth of my mana, it better heal a big chunk of health to compensate. But they don't.

THIS is the problem, not anything to do with difficulty or playstyle or QQ, it's the way the different heals are all relatively useless when none of them hit hard enough to justify the mana cost.

This is spot on. Everyone keeps interpreting healers comments as QQ due to having to cc, or going oom, but the real issue is that in 5 levels our heals became weaker.

I dont mind managing cooldowns, using pots, cc, drinking between pulls, etc. I take issue with leveling making my heals so much weaker while everyone health and damage increased. Can you imagine the uproar we would be seeing now if everyone's damage backpedaled like heals have? Spending 6k+ mana to heal someone for a tenth of their healthpool is not fun no matter how much spin GC tries to put on it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/09/2010 10:51 AMPosted by Docter
Ok, tough guys, healing just perfect huh?

Go heal ICC right now with some of your buddies alts, take your 85 and try to heal the instance that you cruised through last week. You'll line that .. whats this? You've become VASTLY less powerful in gaining 5 levels.

That seems broken to me.

I could heal the 85 level heroics a ton better at 80 than I can at 85. My heals havent scaled at all, they're still hitting for about the same (ok maybe with the 30% icc buff). Cost a quarter of the mana and flowed like a river. Now I got a squirt gun.
Well now we know why they put level and item minimums on the new dungeons. They sure don't want level 80s, who can really heal, doing their new dungeons.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
My only real issue with healing right now is that I really wish the my "Bomb" heal that costs 1/4th of my mana bar healed for more that 1/5 of my tanks health... I mean I'm fine with it being expensive as hell and making me really have to decide if its worth casting, but it hits for literally nothing, maybe 22-24k on a non crit for 7k mana. It just feels like its hitting for exactly the same as it was in LK which doesnt seem right to me.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
DUH? Pretty rhetorical, really. Why would you try to play your new content based character (assuming) with new Cataclysm designed gear in old content and expect it to work?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/12/2010 11:32 AMPosted by Grueza
Healing is awesome now. Before Cata it was incredibly difficult to stand out as a healer. You saved the dps from their own stupid mistakes and got no thanks for it. At least now, when I do a good job of keeping people up, the group notices. When someone makes a mistake, the group notices. If a dps dies, it's not the healer's fault anymore, it's the idiot who didn't los the spike barrage or got one-shot by a geyser.

Also, comparing Heal spam to Rejuv/Chain Heal/HL/PWS spam is a tad ridiculous. In wrath, CH was the heal of choice no matter what the situation (unless of course you had to heal a single target who wasn't close to anyone else). Now I have to pay attention to procs, make sure to line up riptide with chain heal every time I cast it, use unleash elements before any big heal. There's actually thought involved, and that's what makes it awesome.

^^ Pure genius. Truth.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Probably some lag with my lvl updating. But I'm 83 and I have really enjoyed the healing thus far. It took me a second to get the hang of burst healing and mana efficient healing in wrath. I'm not sure about other healing classes /specs. But so far I have felt like not only do I have all the tools, but I'm no longer sitting around watching the wind blow because my hots are all that I used to need to keep ppl up. Now I'm looking at procs making sure LB only falls off tank when I want it to, and weaving in hots on the party to keep them up, but not necessarily top them off.

I honestly can't complain.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/09/2010 1:22 PMPosted by Vidomina
Maybe I am just non-confrontational... I like a support role... I don't like having to be the bad guy.

I agree.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I've read all the above...

Look, here's the deal. A game needs to be enjoyable- and making that balance as a programer/game designer probably isn't easy. But, one thing is for sure, currently, as it is, from most of the healers I talk to it's rough right now, and that means not fun. So if the game isn't enjoyable, then it quickly looses its viability to play. And if the healers all start quiting, then that means longer ques for runs, etc, and then everyone looses out.

The game doesn't have to be designed so its super easy, but every class needs to have some fun (healer, tank, dps). And bottom line, they didn't scale heals with level progression, and my old 2k rating in arenas seems like a not-to-likely to repeat in cata unless you're a all dps team, and faster on the draw then the other guys.

We all get that blizz wanted to make people work harder, but that's just it, the word "work" shouldn't be the focus of a "game".

I appreciate the vantage from both sides... more challenge can seemingly be more fun, but overly challenging and disruption to a play style (less healing effeciecny) = unhappy customers. At the end of the day, this game is a service and we're the customers. Right now the majority of healers aren't enjoying the changes, which means, a change is needed to reduce the mana costs, incease the healing ability, and help make people have fun again.

Maybe we're all finding out we really are bad healers, or... maybe we're all used to the way healing used to be, and these forced changes by blizzard aren't recieved well. I would hope people would stop putting replies to threads with "less qq" lines, and really see that over all, healing isnt' fun anymore for the majority. This means blizzard needs to make a change.

I for one feel really bad for all classes. If you have a okay tank, and okay dps, then a healer can make up for it and help get the team to the victory line (clearing the instance), but if you overly challenge the healers, then everyone looses out. Right now all party members are paying for the changes, as no one is getting loots at a reasonable rate of progression.

Heroics are not meant to be mini-raids. I shouldn't have to be on vent to discuss my way through a PUG. I shoudl be able to log in, assist in overcoming some challenge (reasonable challenge), and not turn my game time into a sub-proffesion.

I don't know if Blizzard trolls their own forums or not, but i'm posting out of protest to the changes. I don't think the game needs to be so easy you get bored with it, but right now, its more challenging then I'm willing to dedicate time to.

And if Blizzard is smart, they've alreayd figured out that the if people feel robbed, they'll switch to a different game. Everyone wants to have fun, and if the healers aren't having fun then that means few people are having fun. Maybe the time is coming to find a game that doesn't experiment so freely, causing undue disruption of what a game should be- fun. I hear EVE online is amazing, and sadly, after years of WoW and feeling insulted from this new launch, I'm thinking it's time to pack up and move on.

I'm giving blizz a couple weeks to fix the failure of healers right now. I don't care if they want to get rid of AOE tanks, if I'm not feeling like I'm enjoying my game experience, then blizzard will loose a customer. And after enough accounts cancel, then they'll hear that they need to make a change. Money tends to have that impact.

But, then again, maybe the problem is me. But, rest assured, if the fun doesn't return (me willing to adapt and change- putting in laborous hours to overcome the seemingly insane challenges or blizzard fixes healing) I'm out. Either way, I win.

Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I really don't see the point of this thread and the QQ threads out there about healing. It really seems like half the people playing this game was too catered to WotLK. They obviously never played Vanilla or TBC where healing required half a brain. Back then good healers were measured by their lack of overhealing with a good balance of HPS depending on their class. I personal enjoy the direction that healing is going rather than just lol flash healing my way to victory. Healing right now is not mindless and actually requires you to think about which talents would best benefit the situation.

People complain about wiping in heroics and what's wrong with wiping in heroics? Bring some DPS with CC, learn to use cooldowns while preventing mass damage instead of mindless mashing your AoE button. It's suppose to be a HEROIC, which means hard mode, not some push over place where you farm to get gear. If you can't do heroics, then go back and do normal 85 instances where you can spend your time grinding out gear and learning your class until you're ready. There's nothing wrong with healing right now imo, people can still manage heroics and raids.

EDIT: I also love the fact that people are threaten Blizzard to reroll healing back to the WotLK style. "If they don't fix healing, I'm not paying for this game because it's too hard for me". Lol, it's sort of funny that people are just crybabies and will probably get their way if enough people cry about how "hard" this game has become. They've obviously need to learn to play and adapt. My questions would be to all the crybabies out there; is it fun just mashing Flash Heal / Flash of Light / Lesser Healing Wave / Nourish? Do you find it fun mindlessly pressing 1 button?
Edited by Porkzqt on 12/12/2010 3:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I've read all the above...

Look, here's the deal. A game needs to be enjoyable- and making that balance as a programer/game designer probably isn't easy. But, one thing is for sure, currently, as it is, from most of the healers I talk to it's rough right now, and that means not fun. So if the game isn't enjoyable, then it quickly looses its viability to play. And if the healers all start quiting, then that means longer ques for runs, etc, and then everyone looses out.

The game doesn't have to be designed so its super easy, but every class needs to have some fun (healer, tank, dps). And bottom line, they didn't scale heals with level progression, and my old 2k rating in arenas seems like a not-to-likely to repeat in cata unless you're a all dps team, and faster on the draw then the other guys.

I really disagree. They created a model in Wrath always swung in the extremes. Because as healer, you never really went oom (unless I guess you were too undergeared for ur mana return abilities to top u off) you were either dealing with a ton of pressure or the healing was literally a walk in the park.

We all get that blizz wanted to make people work harder, but that's just it, the word "work" shouldn't be the focus of a "game".

Challenging and work are too different things. I dont feel like im clocking in when I play my healer lol. And if you do, maybe playing heals isnt for you.

I appreciate the vantage from both sides... more challenge can seemingly be more fun, but overly challenging and disruption to a play style (less healing effeciecny) = unhappy customers. At the end of the day, this game is a service and we're the customers. Right now the majority of healers aren't enjoying the changes, which means, a change is needed to reduce the mana costs, incease the healing ability, and help make people have fun again.

The I pay $15 bucks so listen up routine is pretty lame... seriously.

Maybe we're all finding out we really are bad healers, or... maybe we're all used to the way healing used to be, and these forced changes by blizzard aren't recieved well. I would hope people would stop putting replies to threads with "less qq" lines, and really see that over all, healing isnt' fun anymore for the majority. This means blizzard needs to make a change.

I wouldn't say bad. I would say unfamiliar with the new healing environment. Honestly, there were lot's of ppl like myself who couldn't stand how spammy healing was. I would mentally check out in everything but raids.

I for one feel really bad for all classes. If you have a okay tank, and okay dps, then a healer can make up for it and help get the team to the victory line (clearing the instance), but if you overly challenge the healers, then everyone looses out. Right now all party members are paying for the changes, as no one is getting loots at a reasonable rate of progression.

I think challenging people, and them feeling like the game isnt just a button spamming snoozefest is a good thing. I had a player say today in a dungeon "THAT WAS EPIC" when a pull went wrong and we had to deal with more mobs than we had intended on pulling and we came out on top.

Heroics are not meant to be mini-raids. I shouldn't have to be on vent to discuss my way through a PUG. I shoudl be able to log in, assist in overcoming some challenge (reasonable challenge), and not turn my game time into a sub-proffesion.

This might be me at lvl 83, but I really like all of the new encounters so far. I just havent seen anything incredibly hard to get yet to really say that what ur saying makes much sense.

I don't know if Blizzard trolls their own forums or not, but i'm posting out of protest to the changes. I don't think the game needs to be so easy you get bored with it, but right now, its more challenging then I'm willing to dedicate time to.

And if Blizzard is smart, they've alreayd figured out that the if people feel robbed, they'll switch to a different game. Everyone wants to have fun, and if the healers aren't having fun then that means few people are having fun. Maybe the time is coming to find a game that doesn't experiment so freely, causing undue disruption of what a game should be- fun. I hear EVE online is amazing, and sadly, after years of WoW and feeling insulted from this new launch, I'm thinking it's time to pack up and move on.

I'm giving blizz a couple weeks to fix the failure of healers right now. I don't care if they want to get rid of AOE tanks, if I'm not feeling like I'm enjoying my game experience, then blizzard will loose a customer. And after enough accounts cancel, then they'll hear that they need to make a change. Money tends to have that impact.

The sky isnt falling. I doubt that blizz wants to turn dungeons into another series of snooze and aoe though.
Edited by Híppy on 12/12/2010 3:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
my guild has successfully completed (as a guild) all of the heroic dungeons (as of today, we only needed Tol'vir and ToT) and, since I healed most of those runs, I have to say that healing takes a lot of adjustment, but now it's more of a thinking game and even on most boss fights I sit with at least 75% mana throughout, with some exceptions.

I realize I'm pretty well geared now (335 ilevel average, dragged down by trinkets and my relic) so my perspective is a little skewed, but if you have the gear and a good group, healing is pretty easy. If you have poor gear and a bad group, healing is hard.

that doesn't seem particularly broken to me at all.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Just to put my 2 cents out there. i am absolutely loving healing in the expansion. I jumped into heroics for the first time last night and spent 2 hrs making our way though the Throne of Tides and it was brilliant. Having to think about CC, work as a group, think about strats and actually avoid taking dmg. The new healing model means that everyone has to play better, not just healers, in order for the group to succeed. However, whilst everyone figures this out I would definitely recommend doing Heroics with your guild/friends.

Thanks Blizz for moving the game forward from the horrors of WoTLK spam into a new era of team-work and skill.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/12/2010 3:32 PMPosted by Aceral
Just to put my 2 cents out there. i am absolutely loving healing in the expansion. I jumped into heroics for the first time last night and spent 2 hrs making our way though the Throne of Tides and it was brilliant. Having to think about CC, work as a group, think about strats and actually avoid taking dmg. The new healing model means that everyone has to play better, not just healers, in order for the group to succeed. However, whilst everyone figures this out I would definitely recommend doing Heroics with your guild/friends.

Thanks Blizz for moving the game forward from the horrors of WoTLK spam into a new era of team-work and skill.

QFT.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]