PUG Healing Macro

55 Gnome Death Knight
I leveled ahead of most of my guild so I've been healing in LFD PUGs. As such, it can be painful when you have a group that doesn't CC at all and stands in fire, etc.

Someone in another thread mentioned making a macro to inform the group about the "new" dungeon playstyle, especially how it relates to healing.

So I came up with this:
/p Hi. Cata healing and 5-mans are different from WotLK. If CC & Interrupts aren't used, I may only be able to heal the Tank and have to let DPS die. If ppl stand in fire or pull aggro, etc. I may not be able to save them. Let's have a good run, cheers

Unfortunately the 255 character limit makes it impossible for me to write everything I want, so I tried to put in the key points while making it as non-confrontational as possible. Any suggestions?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I was about to say that instead of a healing macro that works with your healing spells, you should just make something like "/w <focus> BANDAGE YOURSELF YOU IDIOT."

But yours was pretty good.
Reply Quote
12 Undead Priest
All kinds of ways to revise what you want to say. It's just like a tweet:

/p Heads Up Team: Healing Cata changed, mana limited now. Use CC, interrupts, stay out of bad stuff & don't pull aggro. Otherwise YOU WILL DIE! Let's have a good run, Cheers!

Edited by Vycka on 12/9/2010 3:06 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]