No pre 83 healing and a question.

85 Human Paladin
First don't heal before level 83 in cata... it will be really hard.
Now for the question: Does our lv 83 aoe healing spell benefit from wings? I think it does from Inqusition.. if so...can I stack them?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Inquisition only affects Holy damage, not healing.
Reply Quote
6 Troll Shaman
Haha, I think you've gotten it a bit mixed up. I'm finding it harder (relatively, not actually hard) to heal as I level as my mana costs go up and my crit and haste ratings get worse.

But yes, wings do work.
Edited by Lylthe on 12/9/2010 3:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Wishfull thinking on my part >.<

I don't see wings being worth the pop just for that unless it happens to be during a time wher I need the wings. I love the new healing mechanics and enjoy having to work for my mana and keep people alive. Thanks for the great information folks.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/09/2010 3:46 PMPosted by Purplepasion
Wishfull thinking on my part >.<

I don't see wings being worth the pop just for that unless it happens to be during a time wher I need the wings. I love the new healing mechanics and enjoy having to work for my mana and keep people alive. Thanks for the great information folks.

Wings is definitely worth popping during times of heavy damage for healers. It's not the be-all end all of cooldowns, certainly, but don't ignore it just because one spell doesn't become uberawesome when you use it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hmmm i have run plenty of randoms so far and never had any problems with anything. Last night i even ran BRC while noming on a burrito and healing with one hand and still had no problems.

Edit: Gonna go run some Stonecore tonight to see if things get harder, but i don't think i will have any issues.
Edited by Tenderizer on 12/9/2010 4:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
/facepalm.

I've been healing instances since 80. Absolutely no issues so far, mana is becoming a slightly more important issue as i lvl up but nothing game breaking thus far.

I really ought to stop reading the wow forums, some of the stuff on here is just... guhhhh
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Healing was fine pre-83.

Holy Radiance does not make/break the game in FIVE MANS while leveling.

/facepalm
Reply Quote
No no, you have it backwards. Healing past 83 is hard, healing before that is actually just complicated, but not hard. I stopped running dungeons after I hit 83 because I don't want to deal with going oom in pugs.

Please do heal in those first few levels. It will give you an idea of how each level gain effects you and what people need to do for you to successfully keep them alive.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I was so used to spamming FoL, Cata healing was a wake up call. New Holy dynamics are great. I was struggling until I started using Beacon of Light and Holy Radiance.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/09/2010 11:17 PMPosted by Janaire
No no, you have it backwards. Healing past 83 is hard, healing before that is actually just complicated, but not hard. I stopped running dungeons after I hit 83 because I don't want to deal with going oom in pugs.

Please do heal in those first few levels. It will give you an idea of how each level gain effects you and what people need to do for you to successfully keep them alive.

Thats pretty much how i see it. Healing is all the same technique wise 80-83 you just have to learn how to manage your mana as you get further along.

I've been abusing the crap out of light of dawn hehe, using the hp generation from healing the tank and using radiance and LoD to heal everyone else, so far so good and i stay above 80% mana until someoen pulls aggro. Ahhh well I like the new holy pally, spamming Holy light on the tanks without a care in the world was pretty boring
Reply Quote
95 Blood Elf Paladin
Is healing really different now? Before Cata, Healadins spammed HL. After Cata...

...well, Healadins spam HL.

You have to watch your mana a little, you get WoG/LoD when you stock your HP, FoL is a potent heal, and HS is useful (if for nothing else, it generates HP and gives you an instant heal as a bonus. :D)

...but mostly you're still spamming HL. Just now you hit something else once in a while. It's not really different than before other than your other spells got buffed enough to be useful...but with the caveat that they will OOM you if you are too careless with them.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/09/2010 11:24 PMPosted by Rofldorf
I was so used to spamming FoL, Cata healing was a wake up call. New Holy dynamics are great. I was struggling until I started using Beacon of Light and Holy Radiance.

I understand that the 50% transfer of Beacon seems to be underwhelming, but it transfers 50% of EVERYTHING (excluding heals directly on the Beacon target.)

Please, my friends, make full use of Beacon of Light. It's SOOOO worth it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]