Last gasp before I go. . .

12 Undead Priest
My account is canceled already, (and canceled my order of Cata); only a couple more days and I'm gone. I had hoped things would be fixed at the start of this expansion, sadly it didn't happen.

I might consider coming back, but the following things broke the game: (This is from a Holy Priest POV, the only class I really like to play.)

Healers marginalized.
I'd be demoralized when a Pally tank would say to me, don't worry bout him because he will heal himself if things got bad. This was a tank saying this. *sigh* Now all classes can say that. Healers aren't needed anymore. It used to be a team effort, tanks and dps needing healers, and healers needed others. Now healers are only support chars and left out in the cold. Low heals AND low DPS.

Mana mattering only to healers.
I use to be glad when a mage would pipe up and ask for a mana break because then I had company when I sat down to drink up after a brutal encounter. Now healers are the millstone on a group's progress, everyone has to wait for the mana breaks.... *sound of tapping feet in impatience*

Regression leveling. (This is the straw that makes me quit for sure)
How can it be a good game if you get worse as you progress? From 80- 85 the mana costs go up, but the heals (in relation to health) don't? This is the broken part. To be tempted by all the wonderful new toys in the beginning, then get neutered at end game. (Here's some candy little girl, step into my van...)

Lack of fun for an average healer.
I love healing, didn't in the beginning because I was so very bad at it. I'm not a good healer even now, but I had fun once I got over my fear of failure and could endure a group's anger after a wipe. I did have people say I was a good healer after awhile. But now there is no margin of error for the mediocre healer. So I will always be the "bad healer."

There are a number of other points, some have been festering for the last few years:

• The armory's lack of custom options to be private was the first that tainted the game for me. Then Real ID being seriously considered; the company's disdain toward their customers privacy.

• Gearscore.

• The game balance not considering 1 vs 1 being important on a pvp server.

• Being a social game, the lack of tools to manage in game friends. The friend list being so small and without a place for notes. If someone left your guild, if you hadn't made them a friend as well, you'd lose connection to them.

• Again being a social game it didn't providing more ways to play with friends. You had to be the same level. Once you leveled past someone, it wasn't beneficial to group up anymore.

But I am so angry, I can hardly compose my thoughts so the above are just rough notes and do not have more useful detailed explanations on how and why they are bad. I loved this game, but it has been ruined so completely for me.

Please someone convince me the game is worth playing and the points above can be overcome. Not in six months, NOW.

Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
just a game dude, get over it.
dont like it? just leave. stop whinning!
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
12/09/2010 10:04 PMPosted by Kaob
just a game dude, get over it.
dont like it? just leave. stop whinning!

You couldn't even read the first five words of the OP?
Reply Quote
11 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm still holding out to see how healing will progress and if blizz will make some small fixes to tuning of certain spells/classes and hoping that this is just a temporary problem that will get better with gear. I gotta say though I understand how you feel.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
1/2 your rant dosent even have anything to do with healing............... and you havent even bought cataclysm so how would you even know? By reading morons posting on the forums? rofl
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/09/2010 10:38 PMPosted by Gyros
1/2 your rant dosent even have anything to do with healing............... and you havent even bought cataclysm so how would you even know? By reading morons posting on the forums? rofl

this....
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Healing really isn't that bad, I've heard some complaints that 85 heroics can be troublesome but after reworking my heals on my druid and soon my priest when she's high enough I am actually enjoying healing again minus having to focus on my mana and watch what I use.

Truly a break may be beneficial, come back in a few months after updates and patches and then see what you think :P
Edited by Veroicone on 12/9/2010 11:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
12 Undead Priest
12/09/2010 10:38 PMPosted by Gyros
Have two friends who played in beta (got to watch over their shoulders *wink*), so got to see what was coming. Plus I can read GC posts, the spell/mana costs and tooltips.

Oh, and one more thing, I HATE Chakra. :(

Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
12/09/2010 10:02 PMPosted by Vycka
Healers marginalized.
I'd be demoralized when a Pally tank would say to me, don't worry bout him because he will heal himself if things got bad. This was a tank saying this. *sigh* Now all classes can say that. Healers aren't needed anymore. It used to be a team effort, tanks and dps needing healers, and healers needed others. Now healers are only support chars and left out in the cold. Low heals AND low DPS.

This is what bothers me the most.

I am a healer through and through, I have been a "healer only" for over 2 years (My dual specs @ level cap? PvP heals/PvE heals) and I have all healing classes to 80.

I have to agree, wrath healing was a little on the easy side (I actually stopped playing my druid because god mode gets a little boring after a while).

My husband plays a pally tank which makes it even more for us...

...But I am starting to notice as we progress together through cata that I find my self too worried about my mana to use all the tools that made holy priests interesting, I get to use "Heal" as my staple spell because it's mana efficent. Even the name "Heal" protrays excitment, right? Bleh.

...meanwhile, my husband tank tells me "It will be okay, cause he will just heal himself." That's supposed to be fun?? I get to follow the group around while he carries me?! And the sad part is he actually does really good healing- the only time I ever really see the health bars jump is after he heals. Hooray.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/09/2010 11:18 PMPosted by Saraphim
...But I am starting to notice as we progress together through cata that I find my self too worried about my mana to use all the tools that made holy priests interesting, I get to use "Heal" as my staple spell because it's mana efficent. Even the name "Heal" protrays excitment, right? Bleh.

I'm not sure how you'd keep anyone up on some of the nastier trash in Stonecore and Vortex Pinnacle with just Heal, to be honest. I looked at it, and I was doing 7.5k HPS on a trash pull in Stonecore the other day. Granted, a fair bit of that was probably avoidable damage, but Heal/Holy Light/Healing Wave just won't produce that output.

As it is, pretty much every healing tool in a priest's arsenal is still significant; Prayer of Healing beats Heal for mana efficiency when it heals three targets; it beats Flash Heal for mana efficiency and throughput when it heals two targets; it also ignores line of sight, which is useful for a fight such as Slabhide. Prayer of Mending needs to hit two targets to be more mana-efficient than heal. Renew is slightly worse mana efficiency than Heal with Chakra: Sanctuary, but can be cast when you're limited to instants (moving/pending interrupt/repeated knockbacks), and it's a mana-free tank buffer when using Chakra: Serenity. Similar things go for Circle of Healing vs. Prayer of Healing (worse mana efficiency, but instant cast). Flash Heal is expensive mana-wise, but it's there when you need the single target throughput (which you often will), especially combined with Serenity. Greater Heal doesn't give you quite the same throughput, but better mana efficiency.

Note that I'm talking primarily about HPM here. Mana-per-second consumption will still rise with almost all other spells if you spam them back-to-back. If your mana doesn't reach zero before the mobs' health does, it's all good. Keeping your mana topped off by spamming Heal most of the time just isn't viable in any of the more challenging fights. While it keeps your mana bar stable, your mana bar is not meant to stay topped off during a fight.

12/09/2010 11:18 PMPosted by Saraphim
...meanwhile, my husband tank tells me "It will be okay, cause he will just heal himself."

He won't. Well, he may, and I would welcome the help, but in the end, protection paladin self-healing is a drop in the bucket.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Healing sucks really really bad now. this is coming from someone whos healed for 5 years been top healer in my guilds and so on. I feel the same way as most people do here. BLIZZARD NEEDS TO FIX THIS. Healing is just no fun anymore. I agree that healing in wrath was easy but this new healing is just ridiculously anoying and unworkable. Im done healing if this goes on the way it is. :(
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Wow man. That's rough.

Level 12 is such a #!@@@! Made me wanna quit too.

But you know what? I made it to level 13, and things got a lot better after that.
Edited by Ollin on 12/10/2010 12:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Well, there are two points here that I really agree with.

First one is the point about regression leveling, this struck me as really silly also. I mean you get better gear, go up in levels but you're less effective than you were before all that. I know it's more of a "mechanics change" than you're just not getting better but still, it simply feels like I got worse. I healed Vortex at 82, then did it again at 84, at 84 it was much harder even though my gear had improved a bit simply b/c my mana cost had went up dramatically from 82 but my heals and mana pool hadn't raised much in comparison, which is still the case at 85. Swiftmend only heals for 14k ish, on tanks with 100k+ health, that's a joke.

Also agree with the "casual healer" point. Think he used mediocre healer but I'll say casual. :) I don't class myself in that category, I don't think I'm the greatest healer or anything but I do raid a bit and I never get singled out as the "bad healer" or never felt like I wasn't pulling my share. But I agree with this point b/c they've gone out of their way as of late, especially so in all of Wrath to make the game more casual friendly, now they're almost doing a 180, at least with healers. This system will make it a lot more difficult for those border line healers to get into quality runs. Some people might just think well, get better at healing or reroll. From a players perspective that might fly I guess but from a business standpoint, which blizzard has to consider, alienating part of your player base is just never a good idea.

I have certain issues with the way the healing is right now but I don't think it's completely a disaster like some, I do think it needs some revisions here and there, though for me I'm referring specifically to druid healing, I do have other classes that I play that I heal on but my druid is the only one I use extensively and raid with whenever I happen to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]