Inquisition

85 Human Paladin
As Ret, how do we use it? Do we keep it up at all times like slice and dice?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/10/2010 1:38 AMPosted by Elidra
Personally I don't refresh it until after its fallen off, since it's such a marginal increase anyway. I'm not about to waste part of the HP I spent on it when it still has time remaining.

According to Elitist Jerks you always want to keep it up or it's a DPS loss. While leveling I don't use it, but on instance bosses that take any amount of time to down you always want to keep it up. That means clipping it if necessary so it doesn't fall off. That also means using 1 or 2 HP to cast it if that's all you have, so it doesn't fall off.

Of course, since I currently don't have a DoT timer, I find it hard to watch that, my procs, my CDs and my HP all at once so I just refresh it when I get to it =P
Reply Quote
At 6 seconds left, build your holy power for it.

Then, after you get sick of using it, take it off your bar and see little dps loss and breathe a sigh of relief.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You only worry about it when you have sustained time on target so that it can pay for itself. Basically on boss fights where you wan stand and pound away. In pvp it's not useful, nor in most questing/soloing situations.

Even best case scenario it's not a huge dps gain. EJ has it pegged at around 2%, I believe. So don't sweat it too much if it drops off here and there.

It basically sucks.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I use a 1-2 stack at the start of trash pulls, 3 if it's gonna be long, and put it if i have any leftover HP before the next pull. But I usually don't refresh it on trash. On bosses, it should be the first thing you put up and it should stay up,
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/10/2010 10:09 AMPosted by Lowsodium
I use a 1-2 stack at the start of trash pulls, 3 if it's gonna be long, and put it if i have any leftover HP before the next pull. But I usually don't refresh it on trash. On bosses, it should be the first thing you put up and it should stay up,

On bosses, though I'm not sure if it's the "best" tactic, the first thing I pop when I have 3 HP is zealotry then Inq.
Reply Quote
24 Dwarf Shaman
So in short: Our new cata spell thats "supposed to fix everything for ret lol stop complaining", is garbage? even when ppl were already pointing it out ages ago?

12/10/2010 11:10 AMPosted by Juicenewton
i dont think its that hot in pve unless you are chain pulling or fighting a boss, in pvp though its fantastic when you get a hand of light proc to lineup a inquisition exo into wings hammer burst

Funny how everything you described will get dispelled asap... unless you are just killing baddies in BGs which is the only thing ret is good at.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think another big problem with Hand of Light and Art of War is that we don't get a lot of auto attacks in PVP or Bosses that require a lot of mobility, on top of that we have 8000 things to be aware of and press based on a priority. It's like trying to drive a stick while you apply ketchup on your fries.

It would be pretty awesome if they had a glyph that could allow us to cast Inquisition through a certain attack skill/spell. Kind of like how Frost fever can be applied via Howling Blast when Glyphed. Might be too much to ask for though.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
As I suggested a refresh of Inq on Judgement might be nice.......but crap Blizz thinks all is ok....hope they read some of this stuff....lol

Not a QQ, just a general observation of how people right now are so disliking the mechanic of it all......

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]