When I am forced to heal, here is what I will remember from Vanilla.
- You have 1 efficient spell to spam (for priests, this is heal, druids get nourish, etc.)
- You will spam this one spell on the tank while keeping your HoT or HoTs up on the tank
- If the tank gets taken below about 30%, you'll have to flash heal a couple of times
- If DPS take dmg, you're gonna toss them a HoT, that's about it
- Stopcasting macro or esc key are good for healers, only let casts through when you need to.
- If the healer dies (tank fault). Tank dies (healer fault). DPS dies (their own fault).
- If you OOM and wipe, post the dmg taken meters and pawn it off on bad DPS taking too much
- If you think the fight will last longer than the CD of your regen spell, pop it early
Keep in mind that healing is very FRACKED up for the foreseeable future.
Pretty much the entire game revolves around your mana bar. Hopefully, this will change. But it may well NOT.
What we know WILL change, is people will learn the fights and gear will improve.
While healing might not get much better, tank dmg should go down while dps goes up, which translates into shorter fights which will likely help healers more than anything Blizzard is willing to do.