Healers jumping ship

85 Night Elf Druid
Blizz, I realize that some people have been crying for a harder game, but here is the problem i see happening. almost 90% of all the healers i have met are jumping ship to be dps, because of the facts that our mana regen is a joke, our heals are way to small to heal the 100k health pools. yes i agree fighting trhu some stuff is fun, but if we have it like this, the random ques will continue to grow due to lack of healers. eventually only very few healers will remain. I plan to do everything i can to get this druids heals to work again, but honestly im not seeing that as a possiblity. my main point is that if u want healers to become virtually extinct, then keep things the way they are and see how long it takes for dps and tanks to start getting ticked about the lack of healers. wow has alaways had somewhat of a lack of healers because healing is a tough job. but now the way things are healers are jumping ship for a spec they can actually do randoms with.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Good, I hope the random queue does die off. Healing is fine.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
The people who are giving up are probably just wiping their groups over and over due to their refusal to relearn their playstyles, and will end up ragequitting or the group will disband, sticking everyone with yet another long queue. Less healers, if those healers are the good ones who will adapt and learn, is still better than healers who wipe groups.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I look at it this way... One of my strongest heals costs me around 10% of my mana pool. That heal only does around 20-25K. A tanks health is usually 100-150K... So lets say I have to heal him all the way up, 50-75% of my mana gone just for ONE person. If you are going to make it harder to heal, thats cool... I welcome it. But make the heals and mana regen adjust for it. Not one single heal is a 'oh shap' heal where we can bring a player back up within a reasonable amount of mana. In fact, if there is group damage... I go OOM faster than healers quitting WoW. QQ, thanks but I am rolling elemental due to this where-as I have always been heals. /sad panda
Edited by Totemato on 12/10/2010 5:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/10/2010 4:55 AMPosted by Gimpheala

For a priest
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
12/10/2010 5:02 AMPosted by Tauross

For a priest

I've run heroics with pallies, shamans, and druids healing, and none of them seemed to have more or less mana problems or troubles keeping the group up than any other. The only "broken" healer right now in 5 mans seems to be disc priests. Most heroic bosses seem to be tuned around the healer going OOM as the boss dies and the dps in the group being nowhere near full health at the end of it, but as the boss is dead and everyone is alive, who cares?

Sometimes I get randoms where I still see morons that spam rejuv/pws/flash heal/whatever on the entire group trying to keep everyone at 100%. These people will relearn eventually, and if they quit, whatever. I don't see why people WANT bad healers to keep doing it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
To those who say adapt and learn...

Healing "rotation" has gotten easier, all it is now for me is 3x Lifebloom, then endless nourish spam. I don't lose mana, i don't wipe the group, however clicking the same button 30 times for a pull isn't fun.
Edited by Lambertians on 12/10/2010 5:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
12/10/2010 5:08 AMPosted by Lambertians
To those who say adapt and learn...

Healing "rotation" has gotten easier, all it is now for me is 3x Lifebloom, then endless nourish spam. I don't lose mana, i don't wipe the group, however clicking the same button 30 times for a pull isn't fun.

What buttons did you hit in wrath heroics? I'd rather hit lifebloom and then mash nourish than hit rejuv once a pull and go afk.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Wrath heroics were a joke, the PROBLEM with them was not the healing, the healing was fine...
Heres what you people don't understand. The problem with wrath heroics was the damage output of the mobs. Yes rejuv + lifebloom could keep the tank up, however i could use my skills when i wanted.

Put simply if the damage was put up a bit, atleast we could have had fun healing and also had an important and hardish job to do.

All in all, healing wasn't the problem we had in wrath, end of story.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Healing is fine your just horrible at it and i'm sorry but I don't find healing hard at all quite the opposite. If you were talking about bg's mabye then healing may be difficult but in instances i'm sorry but it's easy mode. Your post like many other posts like it just show your inability to adapt or do something other then spam one type of heal.

Short post for trolls

L2 mp5
L2 heal
Less QQ more Pew Pew.

-Idale
Screw easy mode.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Whats with all the healers trying to make their e-peen as big as possible. Just cause you think your insanely good cos you can watch a mana bar lol!...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman

Says the person with 10k achievement points. I'm sorry but you are in the minority.
Edited by Jessicå on 12/10/2010 5:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
12/10/2010 5:22 AMPosted by Lambertians
Whats with all the healers trying to make their e-peen as big as possible. Just cause you think your insanely good cos you can watch a mana bar lol!...

Why are you so incredibly bitter? Every post you make seems to have this underlying theme of "I am going to complain, and you aren't allowed to disagree with me, I'm just on these forums to QQ." I'm not trying to impress anyone, I'm trying to say that the tuning is fine cause it is tuned around forcing the DPS and tank to learn to play. If the healers are currently suffering cause of idiot tanks and dps pointing fingers the wrong way, that's too bad, and it will change when healers stop putting up with their crap. I really hope they don't nerf this stuff.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
12/10/2010 5:30 AMPosted by Jessicå

Says the person with 10k achievement points. I'm sorry but you are in the minority.

So what's the majority, people that run with bad players and thus wipe? Do you think everything should be tuned around the lowest common denominator?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/10/2010 5:33 AMPosted by Gimpheala
12/10/2010 5:22 AMPosted by Lambertians

Why are you so incredibly bitter? Every post you make seems to have this underlying theme of "I am going to complain, and you aren't allowed to disagree with me, I'm just on these forums to QQ." I'm not trying to impress anyone, I'm trying to say that the tuning is fine cause it is tuned around forcing the DPS and tank to learn to play. If the healers are currently suffering cause of idiot tanks and dps pointing fingers the wrong way, that's too bad, and it will change when healers stop putting up with their crap. I really hope they don't nerf this stuff.

Lol at this, I'm just trying to make my point that your not good cause you can heal now. Anyone can heal, its just as easy as it ever was, you just need to use only certain spells. It isn't any harder, its not any funner, its not any better so why do it?

Thats my point right there, and i find it incredibly sad that people come on here and boast about how good they are and how !!## others are, because they can watch a mana bar.

Bottom line, healing doesn't take skill now. End of story, full stop.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I am "adapting and learning," but the point is, my tiny heals are embarrassing, and its not fun. This is a game, not a job. Feral dps is looking really good right now.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
12/10/2010 5:36 AMPosted by Lambertians

Lol at this, I'm just trying to make my point that your not good cause you can heal now. Anyone can heal, its just as easy as it ever was, you just need to use only certain spells. It isn't any harder, its not any funner, its not any better so why do it?

Thats my point right there, and i find it incredibly sad that people come on here and boast about how good they are and how !!## others are, because they can watch a mana bar.

Bottom line, healing doesn't take skill now. End of story, full stop.

What are you even saying? Who's boasting about having a full mana bar and about how good they are? Healing isn't really much harder from a skill standpoint, instances just require more skill from the tanks/dps cause the healer can't compensate for their mistakes the same way. I am relieved that tanks and DPS are finally being forced to step up their game again after an expansion of mages spamming blizzard on two mobs, etc.
Edited by Gimpheala on 12/10/2010 5:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm not in anyway shape or form saying that Im a better healer than you or the next bloke. I'm just saying that with this expansion, and the lack of mana, healing has NOT become harder it has simply become tedious and boring.

On another note, im keen to level my warrior tank and mage now, and see how they go.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The intent of the healing changes were to make it more fun and less stressful. They have done neither. In fact this is the most stressed out I've ever felt as a healer.

Now, I know it's cool to say condescending things like "lol healing is fine, l2p Noob", but take a second to look past your own God complex and realize that healing may be "fine" as far as being doable, but it's hardly ideal.

Blizz wanted to make mana management an issue, and for us to use different spells...they certainly achieved that...but right now it feels like they over did it.
Edited by Viral on 12/10/2010 5:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
They want us to use different spells, so they basically make some spells unusable by upping their mana cost, and making them so weak its pointless. It's at the point where i would be better off using a bandage than some of my spells lol.

So instead of making us use a variety of spells for different situations, blizzard has limited us to only using low mana spells, otherwise we will oom in about 15 seconds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]