Healers jumping ship

85 Draenei Priest
Yeah, it's definitely not less stressful right now, but I think they meant "in raids" when they said that. I can see it being less stressful in raids compared to things like Ulduar where everyone in the raid would be getting blasted for 70% of their health randomly with a high chance of getting blasted twice in a row and dying if you didn't immediately spam them up again. Things are definitely slower and more deliberate now, but in 5 mans where you're the only healer it is definitely more stressful, if you waste a GCD there's a good chance someone will either die or you'll go OOM from having to switch to fast/expensive heals.
Reply Quote
10 Draenei Warrior
I like the 'ripple of evil' thought train by the OP. classy.
/endsarcasm

stop trying to make all the green bars full, and just try to get people to 'survive'. You'll find that you have enough mana for the task. ending a fight at 1 health and 1 mana is the same as ending it at 150,000 health and 150,000 mana... you still win.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
12/10/2010 5:51 AMPosted by Creverus
I like the 'ripple of evil' thought train by the OP. classy.
/endsarcasm

stop trying to make all the green bars full, and just try to get people to 'survive'. You'll find that you have enough mana for the task. ending a fight at 1 health and 1 mana is the same as ending it at 150,000 health and 150,000 mana... you still win.

True, yes, the one thing that bugs me however is that as soon as the fight is over and everyone is at 10% health and you're OOM is that you have to sit there, drink to full, then spend the next 30 seconds and your entire mana bar healing everyone in the group to full cause they don't have their own heals and don't eat food, and then you get to drink AGAIN. Barf. They need some kind of out-of-combat super-regen for both health and mana in instances imo. Make players work like friendly NPCs!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I thought mana regen was 'bad' in BC which is why they buffed up the mana regen for LK? Now it would seem that mana regen is much worse compared to what it was BC. Then again I didn't have any real problems in BC. Healing should be a challenge, but I still think they need to tweak a few things. Not everyone is awesome at video games, just like not everyone is awesome at things other people can do. Blizz might need to add a little more room for error. This could just go all away with raid gear or when Blizz nerfs the instances like they have always done in the past.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
The only way that randoms will work the way you are saying for the majority is if blizz can find a way to send all pugg dps and tanks to aggro and mana bar school. otherwise dps will continue to stand in aoe dmg and pull aggro from the tanks/ the tank will pull to fast or to many without even glancing at the healers mana bar or waiting a half a second to let the healer type the word "mana". It seems as though it will be much harder for blizz to send all "goofey" dps and tanks to CC/aggro/tactics school prior to them queing, than it would be to actually give us an increase in heal strength and mana regen.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
12/10/2010 6:01 AMPosted by Macclaure
The only way that randoms will work the way you are saying for the majority is if blizz can find a way to send all pugg dps and tanks to aggro and mana bar school. otherwise dps will continue to stand in aoe dmg and pull aggro from the tanks/ the tank will pull to fast or to many without even glancing at the healers mana bar or waiting a half a second to let the healer type the word "mana". It seems as though it will be much harder for blizz to send all "goofey" dps and tanks to CC/aggro/tactics school prior to them queing, than it would be to actually give us an increase in heal strength and mana regen.

Assuming they DON'T nerf them, they will get better over time as all the wrath kiddies are forced to adapt, and all the new players are already using more skill from the start. For example, have you done the new lowbie versions of deadmines/SFK? They're pretty brutal at the appropriate level, and with the lowbie instances already forcing tanks to be tanks and dps to at least pay some attention to the boss abilities, it should ease the transition a bit for future players.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
How could i forget, the only good healers who are in this game came from BC or Vanilla. You can't possibly have any skill if you didn't play during these times. Gosh new players are such noobs, when will they learn!
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Priest
I don't think it'll be too bad in the long term. Just needs a couple of things to be learned.

Healers need to learn they don't need to keep everyone at 100% like they did in Wrath
DPS need to accept that they are not going to be at 100% all through the fights.
Tank is fine just keep the mobs on you.

Wrath made people sloppy because when it came down to it you could stand in the fire, ignore most of the Boss tells and just sit there spamming your buttons without really having any trouble.

When people started saying just "Heal through it" you knew things were going down hill.

Cat is shaping up fairly nicely so far
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/10/2010 4:48 AMPosted by Macclaure
Blizz, I realize that some people have been crying for a harder game, but here is the problem i see happening. almost 90% of all the healers i have met are jumping ship to be dps, because of the facts that our mana regen is a joke, our heals are way to small to heal the 100k health pools. yes i agree fighting trhu some stuff is fun, but if we have it like this, the random ques will continue to grow due to lack of healers. eventually only very few healers will remain. I plan to do everything i can to get this druids heals to work again, but honestly im not seeing that as a possiblity. my main point is that if u want healers to become virtually extinct, then keep things the way they are and see how long it takes for dps and tanks to start getting ticked about the lack of healers. wow has alaways had somewhat of a lack of healers because healing is a tough job. but now the way things are healers are jumping ship for a spec they can actually do randoms with.

No I don't think many healers are jumping ship as you believe. However many do run with guilds or trusted friends. Lets face it the real problem which is as old as wow is PUGS are often very bad. As healers we got use to being able to carry groups of bad players heck I healed HOS without a tank just spamming chain heals on dps. In Cata we will be unable to do this and until everyone understands this they will play the blame game. After people start pulling their own weight in cata you will see more healers....right now some of us are sticking with people we trust till we learn what is going on.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/10/2010 6:09 AMPosted by Lambertians
How could i forget, the only good healers who are in this game came from BC or Vanilla. You can't possibly have any skill if you didn't play during these times. Gosh new players are such noobs, when will they learn!

Wrath was a 2 button spam....BC was a 1 button spam. It was even easier, back then.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/10/2010 5:48 AMPosted by Lambertians
They want us to use different spells, so they basically make some spells unusable by upping their mana cost, and making them so weak its pointless. It's at the point where i would be better off using a bandage than some of my spells lol.

You don't know the irony behind those words.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
How is this healing stressful? As a holy priest, I now have to use my entire arsenal at the right times to be successful. Its engaging and thought provoking and fun!!! Why would I want to sit down and WATCH something happen instead of MAKING it happen??? Now not only do I have to make sure I'm inline, but I have to communicate to the other group members (OMG COMMUNICATION IN AN MMO...WTF???)

Its like the other night, I stopped a run and said, "Listen Fury Warrior, if you keep pulling aggro on these packs, I'm going to stop healing you and you can either leave or lie dead on the ground while we finish this instance. Your bad play is sapping my mana and everyone here needs to know it so thats why you're being called out. Stop thinking you're in Utgarde Keep with ICC gear on and play the game."
Edited by Tiffamy on 12/10/2010 6:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/10/2010 5:54 AMPosted by Gimpheala
True, yes, the one thing that bugs me however is that as soon as the fight is over and everyone is at 10% health and you're OOM is that you have to sit there, drink to full, then spend the next 30 seconds and your entire mana bar healing everyone in the group to full cause they don't have their own heals and don't eat food, and then you get to drink AGAIN. Barf. They need some kind of out-of-combat super-regen for both health and mana in instances imo. Make players work like friendly NPCs!

Make them eat food. Don't let bad players dictate the instance. They need to take responsibility for their play experience. They need to move out of avoidable damage, they need to regen after fights, etc.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Just because someone says that they think healing isn't fun that does not mean they think it's hard.

So for those posters who have nothing to add besides healing is "easy"- Congratulations, you are just like everyone else.

The points people making about the enjoyability of healing, however are not being addressed by these kinds of posts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Cataclysm would seem to be less pug-friendly. A lot of people were leaving because heroics were too easy and boring. I'm really liking that there is more planning and strategy needed than just "fill up the bars" whack a mole.

However, dps and tanks need to get back to bringing bandages and food to use while the healer is drinking.
Edited by Alandel on 12/10/2010 7:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Fair enough Vid..but lets look at the joy of healing. Maybe its just a class specific issue. I know as a holy priest, I have a virtual funbag of toys I get to play with and they are all useful.

I have tanks and dps requesting Lightwell FFS...it makes me tear up.

But having to constantly manage heal, pom, renew (making sure I dont overwrite), CoH, PoH, Flash, Greater, Divine Hymn and Sanctuary or the ever important tank heal nuke (Flash heal to give serendipity twice, greater heal, instant serenity) IS fun.

I have 5 mana returns that have to be managed and properly planned: A trinket, Blood Elf racial, fiend, pot, and one of the best, Hymn of Hope.

I guess I do find this fun, the triaging of dps to just over what they need to survive, the careful LoS, or CC pulling. It was pretty much ruined by Wrath but now the game is just engaging.

Do you think that other classes don't have the right set of tools or are reluctant to use them all and that might be hindering them?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Yea i would agree that Healers are having huge mana issues, at least for Resto Druids. But it's only difficult in Heroics...

They need to fix some of the mana cost/regen or whatever they need to do to make us have less mana issues but keep some of the challenge please.
Reply Quote
16 Worgen Priest
12/10/2010 5:08 AMPosted by Lambertians
To those who say adapt and learn...

Healing "rotation" has gotten easier, all it is now for me is 3x Lifebloom, then endless nourish spam. I don't lose mana, i don't wipe the group, however clicking the same button 30 times for a pull isn't fun.

Nuff said! ITS BORING!! Might as well have some popcorn around, so instead of spaming a heal over and over again, i have to wait 5 mins to press one button
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/10/2010 4:55 AMPosted by Gimpheala
Good, I hope the random queue does die off. Healing is fine.

I quite like it. In my battlegroup, the random dungeon queue (I've only done heroics with guild so far) is now instant for healers. With pugs sometimes I have to beat them into shape a little, but they've all learned after a couple deaths/wipes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/10/2010 5:19 AMPosted by Idale
Healing is fine your just horrible at it and i'm sorry but I don't find healing hard at all quite the opposite. If you were talking about bg's mabye then healing may be difficult but in instances i'm sorry but it's easy mode. Your post like many other posts like it just show your inability to adapt or do something other then spam one type of heal.

Short post for trolls

L2 mp5
L2 heal
Less QQ more Pew Pew.

-Idale
Screw easy mode.

lol...... first your 80 unless you got a main then ok your "85" but don't talk till you have healed a heroic... also L2MP5 .... Thats out of the game buddy its called spirit now....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]