Healers jumping ship

100 Night Elf Priest
I'm honestly enjoying it so far, but I'm in no particular rush on the leveling curve, it doesn't make much difference to me whether I hit 85 this weekend, or next.

Recommendation:

Post pull refiling of people's health bars. Do it, but do it using the slow efficient heal. :-D

Learn there is only one valid response when people blame you for a wipe (though you know you played it correctly)..

/point
/lol

If they say, "where was my heals" and it was your fault, just tell the group what the mistake was that caused the error and proceed along. No biggy.

Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
I canceled.

Even if GC fixes the numbers the style of healing now isn't fun.

Watering down the game to almost 1 heal and one AoE fart isn't fun.

And this coming for a old Holy Pally. Odd right?
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Druid
12/10/2010 8:23 AMPosted by Everstrong
Good, I hope the random queue does die off. Healing is fine.

I think that if there is a dramatic drop off in healing population that is a sign that Blizzard is on the right path. Healing was a very difficult job and we proud few were distinguished players in older content.

I pray to god Blizzard lets all these Wotlk bads reroll DPS and let us healers heal

I /respected/ healers back in the day. They were important, they were integral, and they were valued. The cooperation, communication and team work of a group is what made it successful. This is what Cata seems to have returned to, and I surely hope this is the case.

PUGs can be successful, IF people aren't OMG GOGOGOGOGO LOLNUB FAECROLL AOE Wrathbabies who refuse to cooperate.

Sadly, in Wrath, you didn't have to be prot spec to tank and you didn't have to be heal spec to heal.
Edited by Nestarielle on 12/10/2010 8:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Healing is rough right now; I'm barely sc!##*@@ by with my regen and the output on my heals. I find myself forced to spam the crappy Healing Wave to conserve mana in pugs & dreading having to use Ghealing Wave, because I'm literally dumping majority of my mana pool in one big trash pull. It makes things worse when I wind up with tanks who still think they can chain pull big trash w/o needing CC.

I can't imagine what fresh respecs or brand new healers are going through.
Edited by Tyvigosa on 12/10/2010 8:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I haven't even tried healing yet because I'm leveling with a friend, but I won't jump ship. If I fail sauce I'll adjust. I did it for wrath (2X) and I can do it again. If anything this just means I'll be more in demand :)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
12/10/2010 5:08 AMPosted by Lambertians
To those who say adapt and learn...

Healing "rotation" has gotten easier, all it is now for me is 3x Lifebloom, then endless nourish spam. I don't lose mana, i don't wipe the group, however clicking the same button 30 times for a pull isn't fun.

To be fair you have to WG every now and again too. I use HT/Regrowth on OoC procs to mix things up.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
People may say to tough it out now, but its not being seen that way.

In my guild today, I saw one person critique a tank for being fail. I saw at least 10 references to healers failing in instances. Healers will bear the brunt for the failures of many of the groups entering instances at the moment.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]