Where are the blues?

85 Troll Shaman
With all these posts clamoring for changes, I find it odd that suddenly the blue posters have disappeared.

It would be nice to know what blizzards stance on healing is, because 80% of your player base is HATING these changes.

Having to chain drink water and go OOM every pull is just getting outright silly.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Everyone-agrees-with-me statements aside, Ghostcrawler has relegated himself to the blogs. You'll note that The Blues™ didn't "suddenly" disappear. None of the role forums have been graced with blue text, save the guidelines at the top.
Reply Quote
35 Troll Priest
80% of my girlfriends are hotties. True story.

Putting that nonsense aside, nothing good can come from the CMs saying anything right now. People are just too invested in crying.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Look at all the posts on these forums, and talk to healers running 85 instances and heroics. A large percent of them do not like these changes.

For those of you who do like the changes.. lets change it back and you can heal with no gear on.. how about that. There is your challenge.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
12/10/2010 10:47 AMPosted by Dorlesa
12/10/2010 10:46 AMPosted by Gons
Look at all the posts on these forums, and talk to healers running 85 instances and heroics. A large percent of them do not like these changes.

For those of you who do like the changes.. lets change it back and you can heal with no gear on.. how about that. There is your challenge.

A large percent of the healers ive talked to running 85 instances and heroics love the changes so what are you talking about?

Dude are you serious? Post on your main so I can see your guild's stats. I have only run regulars and it has been a pain in the butt. On heroics they are wiping 10-12 times a run.

<sarcasm>Yeah that's fun</sarcasm>
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Many, many more people who are unhappy will complain when compared to those who are happy.

When you're unhappy you tend to speak up. When you're happy, you tend to contine to do what makes you happy and not go tell others. Much like complaints for products/stores.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I imagine the majority of healers will love the Cata healing environment in the long run, especially once you get into raiding.

Many people are complaining now because A) Nobody has gear, B) They're getting used to said changes while getting gear, and C) People still think that heroics are something you just instantly jump into upon dinging 85 (for the average player).

Give it a month and I think the tone of these forums will change considerably, especially if people take the time to learn the changes and drop the WotLK style of healing. Also goes for dps for PUGs.
Reply Quote
84 Goblin Priest
It hasn't even been a week and everyone is QQing about raid healing...I can remember spending a a week at cap level getting ready for heroics.
Also, I demand you stop using statistics as a method of crafting an argument or illustrating a point.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
I always thought having to replenish a usable resource sucks.

DAMNIT IM OUT OF FOOD AGAIN! I HATE THE GROCERY STORE!

Im being sarcastic of course, but, it will get better. (OMG A WHOLE FOODS!)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
12/10/2010 10:38 AMPosted by Gons
Having to chain drink water and go OOM every pull is just getting outright silly.

Stop spamming Greater Healing Wave on everyone with a single unit of health missing. Start getting regen stats. Start using flasks and eating spirit food. The solutions are right there in front of you, you're just too dumb or too lazy to use them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I imagine the majority of healers will love the Cata healing environment in the long run, especially once you get into raiding.

Many people are complaining now because A) Nobody has gear, B) They're getting used to said changes while getting gear, and C) People still think that heroics are something you just instantly jump into upon dinging 85 (for the average player).

Give it a month and I think the tone of these forums will change considerably, especially if people take the time to learn the changes and drop the WotLK style of healing. Also goes for dps for PUGs.

The thing is, the reason I (and most of the haters) seem to dislike it is because we really hate how weak heals are compared to player health. I'm just finding it very slow and boring and I feel like I'm barely doing anything when I cast a heal. Heals will get bigger in better gear, but so will player HP, so the thing most people dislike simply will never change.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
12/10/2010 12:19 PMPosted by Elliora

The thing is, the reason I (and most of the haters) seem to dislike it is because we really hate how weak heals are compared to player health. I'm just finding it very slow and boring and I feel like I'm barely doing anything when I cast a heal. Heals will get bigger in better gear, but so will player HP, so the thing most people dislike simply will never change.

You realize who don't have to top everyone off, correct? While player health has drastically increased, the rate at which it diminishes has not. To goal is keep people alive, not to keep them at 100%.
Reply Quote
58 Draenei Death Knight
Here is the canned blue response: Cataclysm brought a lot of changes. We feel the system will be enjoyed by most once players give it a shot and get used to it, but we are watching things carefully and will make adjustments as necessary.

Blah blah. They will never admit they messed up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

You realize who don't have to top everyone off, correct? While player health has drastically increased, the rate at which it diminishes has not. To goal is keep people alive, not to keep them at 100%.

Yes, I realize that, I'm tired of being told that because I don't enjoy the new model I am a bad player, or don't know how it works, or whatever.. I realize it is possible to get through fights without topping everyone off, as I did some heroics yesterday. I simply find the healing model awful and boring and dull and slow. That's all there is to it. It has nothing to do with skill, I just don't like the mechanics of having only small heals.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]