Hunter vs. Spriest

So I have any hope as a SV hunter to kill a spriest? I mean its a miracle if I can get through his shields before im at 50%.....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Logout -> Log onto your mage
Reply Quote
12/10/2010 11:40 AMPosted by Thefirstone
Logout -> Log onto your mage

Thats the reason I'm not playing my mage. Its so easy its stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
"game isn't balanced around 1v1"

I means some comps just aren't winnable unless your opponent has downs (and sometimes non even then. ie. mages) . Seems to be more obvious than ever than blizzard is not even concerned about maintaining any kind of semblance of 1v1 balance. This is fine if all pvp encounters were 3v3 with arena gear, but as it is, life's just not fair (neither is there any indication that 3v3 is balanced at this point)
Reply Quote
it silly because its the same way I used to feel against a warlock on my mage, and they added mage armor to help out and it was more bearable.

I feel like I cant do anything possible to beat a spriest on my hunter. Guess its my own fault for playing hutner
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
lol It's not just Spriest and it has an effect on every variation and size of pvp.

If a class is weak on its own its usually the same way in group play. You need more support from other classes limiting them and gimping the team. Hence your weakness effects them. It's harder to see in larger scale fights but, it's still there.

Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
12/10/2010 11:47 AMPosted by Thefirstone
"game isn't balanced around 1v1"

I hate this stupid logic. Yes I understand that Blizzard isn't going to balance 1v1. But 1v1 also should be so lopsided. If a Hunter isn't able to kill a SPriest because of 1v1 imbalance that's fine. But it shouldn't be a thorough 100-0 ass-whooping while the Hunter doesn't even stand a chance regardless of skill.

Blizzard has the moto of "Bring the player, not the class". This should also hold true to PvP as well. A elite skilled PvP'er should be able to hold his own against any class. There's no reason why a 9 year old, keyboard turning, clicker playing a SPriest should be able to beat a Gladiator Hunter. But that's currently the way 1v1 happens.

Blizzard doesn't balance for 1v1, but 1v1 shouldn't resemble a 600 lbs. man on the opposite end of a 3 year old toddler on a seesaw.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Hunters are pretty terrible right now. They really need a self heal considering almost every class has one. DoTs completely wreck them now and pre cata.

Oh, @ the PW:S comment. As shadow with full heroics gear my shield absorbs 6k damage. I hope you can do that much >_>
Edited by Bieberfever on 12/10/2010 2:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
12/10/2010 2:17 PMPosted by Mmelts
12/10/2010 1:48 PMPosted by Kujhade
[quote="14063064661"]"game isn't balanced around 1v1"

I hate this stupid logic. Yes I understand that Blizzard isn't going to balance 1v1. But 1v1 also should be so lopsided. If a Hunter isn't able to kill a SPriest because of 1v1 imbalance that's fine. But it shouldn't be a thorough 100-0 ass-whooping while the Hunter doesn't even stand a chance regardless of skill.

Blizzard has the moto of "Bring the player, not the class". This should also hold true to PvP as well. A elite skilled PvP'er should be able to hold his own against any class. There's no reason why a 9 year old, keyboard turning, clicker playing a SPriest should be able to beat a Gladiator Hunter. But that's currently the way 1v1 happens.

Blizzard doesn't balance for 1v1, but 1v1 shouldn't resemble a 600 lbs. man on the opposite end of a 3 year old toddler on a seesaw.
Kuj pipe down about 1v1 inbalance man, ...you're a druid.[/quote]

This is a farming toon. My main is a Hunter.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
And Hunters used to never have that big of a problem with DoT classes before because Hunter had stupidly OP burst and could kill the caster in 4-5 seconds, FD to drop combat, and start eating food to mitigate the damage done by the DoTs. Now with DoT classes having massive HP pools and Hunters' burst damage being gutted completely, the strategy I mentioned no longer works. Now more than ever, Hunters need a DoT wipe and a self heal.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Bieber, you really need to stop posting statements because you don't know what you are talking about. Try phrasing your thoughts with the opening line of "I thought this was how it worked .... ... ... .....". That way people can correct you and you learn something.

Care to expand?

He's complaining about duels. DoTs wreck hunter since their only defense, deterrence, does not deflect DoTs that are already applied.

Sounds like you're mad.
Edited by Bieberfever on 12/10/2010 10:40 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]