Why "challenging" is not more fun:

90 Night Elf Priest
If you cannot heal current content, you simply aren't adjusting to the current healing methods.
You can keep up with the damage and with mana too. If I can do it and there is no end to priest mana regen qq which seems to be the worst of all healing classes, then any other class can.
The thing is the healing style now is night and day difference between wotlk and now. Spells and rotations are completely different. You have to read up on what to talent, what spell rotations to use and how to conserve.
If you're going in and spamming your heals that you used to in wotlk, you're doing it wrong.
Current content is fun. I'm enjoying it immensely and 4th day into the expansion doing heroic drake dungeon achievements. That right there says that there's no way this is too hard.
Again, if you can't heal on normal, you're doing it wrong. Read up a bit on your class, prepare before you go in.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/10/2010 4:26 PMPosted by Eloderung
12/10/2010 4:17 PMPosted by Mewz
[quote="14063067432"]Don't ruin the enjoyment of the game for paladins.

I ran all of the heroics pre-nerf (difficulty level somewhere much, much, much greater than live) on my paladin, before the paladin had many tools at all. That is, I was worse than the state of druids in content now.[/quote]

I wouldn't fall for the QQ here, druid healers are by no means in a sad state. But agreed on everything else you've been saying.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
The content is doable, but people need to remember that you're attempting heroics in intro lvl 85 gear. Cata hasn't been out even a week yet.

If instances can be cleared without problem by the majority of the player base within the first half of the first week of release, then they shouldn't be called heroics.

P.s. if you can't heal through a heroic boss, it's almost always a result of people taking too much damage as a result of not performing the fight correctly. These bosses are new and people haven't mastered their mechanics yet.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Granted, I know I am not 85 and haven't set a foot in heroics yet, but I am looking forward to having my ass handed to me by a few bosses until I can learn how to manage my mana and spells. Healers also need to be proactive and point out areas where DPS and Tanks can help. The DPS and tanks also need to be receptive to healer input. I have to say being told I was a baddie because I asked for someone to CC the Force of Earth in Stonecore really burned my butt.

I think one thing that would help many people is if they would get out of the mindset that you have to keep everyone at 100% health all the time. I am a child of Teh Wrath and it's something that has been drilled into my head since the beginning, so it's hard to curb that way of thinking. I'm trying to train myself in the line of thinking that if I end a fight with 10% mana and everyone at the very least alive, then I must have been doing something right.

I do feel like healing could be buffed a bit in terms of healing output. I'm not saying that the so called "spam/filler" spells heal people all the way to full but it would be nice to see them hit for more than what they were at level 80 at the very least.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I play with Grid offset just to the left of my character. The tiny boxes fit right there in that space and keep me from ever losing sight of the HP pools if I have to pay attention to environmental dangers.

A shaman in my guild plays with individual groups (for raiding) or people (for 5-mans) circled around the center of her screen, with a space for her character.

Everyone has a different method of learning to deal with the tunnel vision that healing tends to do. If you're staring at the Blizzard UI health bars all the way over to the left, you probably are missing things that are happening.

Go research some raidframes and pick one that you really like. Move it closer to the center of your screen and work with it for a while. Your awareness of what's going on around you might improve.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]