A creative question for RPers...

85 Blood Elf Rogue
A few months back (about half a year ago), I was having a discussion with a few friends and I got back to thinking about it recently. The discussion came about from a simple question. If your character in RP were to somehow make it into the real world (up to you with how exactly that came about), with all of their abilities, spells, strength, and powers and met you first, without being seen or having seen anyone, how would they react and what would they do? How would such a conversation go in having met you? Would they try to be respectful? Would they kill you on sight for being a human (I'm making assumptions here about your races IRL...)? Would they want to try to find a way back home to Azeroth, or would they want to stay in this new world?

For example, Linara would be in a hurry to return to her home world. She would be respectful, and perhaps offer to teach some of her skills in return for helping her find a way back, though would be largely apathetic towards me being her writer. Her main goal would be in focusing upon returning home, even if that took years to accomplish, and would do so at any cost herself.
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
Thankfully Blue wouldn't seek to kill me (or anyone else for that matter). She'd be facing a huge amount of culture shock, though, with only humans for one thing and the sheer number of humans and buildings crammed into an area and the distance to get to "nature". Given her adventurous wanderlust, she'd probably want to stay - though her incessant need to help others would be very likely to lead her into one trouble after another.

>_< She'd be more social than me, but is secretive enough that once she was grooved into our culture, she would find ways to stay out of sight of any who would capture her for any reason (being tall, blue, with long ears, and not in costume? Yeah ...).
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Welp. Himi at first would be excited, then probably bite me in response to any hell I may or may not have put her through. Then, she'd wander off to talk to Morrick's player, and give hugs in thanks for creating Morrick. I'd have to take her to some sort of convention, because Himi would want to enter the Masquerade, posing as a simple cosplayer, knowing she'd win. Himi would also spend sometime convincing others to start playing, so she can have more friends and enemies, and would harass churches to prove that magic DOES exsist. She'd take as much stuff as she could back to Azeroth, and then would probably drag me along too.

Aten would be polite, curious about the world - go to the churches that Himi harassed and show them that there is GOOD magic as well. Then spend his time healing as many people as he could, before heading back home.

Gilzo would instantly through a fit, and spend all his time trying to find a way back to Azeroth - though taking anything he can find of value as well.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Evadne would want to know why when I panic the first thing I start doing is spam all my shots. All at once. And why I'm mean enough to lay there and play dead while Peeve takes it up the tailpipe by vengeful mobs.

And she'd want to go home. I live a terribly boring life, she at least has fun and excitement and orcses to flirt with.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
My character would neither like nor understand me. She would probably try to make her way back, but join the military in order to have some allies and security whilst she searched for a way back to Azeroth. She would also likely be seen on television eventually. One of those shows where they show pictures of wanted criminals.
Reply Quote
71 Night Elf Hunter
Brudinna would probably travel to Vegas and enjoy playing the part of a show girl for the rest of her life....

El here would do everything she could to get back to Azeroth.. all while hiding from the people of this world. She'd miss her friends too much! That and the culture shock... "What do you mean I cannot exist? I'm here aren't I? Elves aren't real? Hah! Next you'll be telling me dragons don't eith-- wat? They DON'T!?"

Melethryll would be happier then a pig in poop being surrounded by a humans! No elves in existence! For a racist bish, this would practically be heaven! (She'd then proceed to hunt down any elves that did somehow manage to jump into the loophole that allowed her to get into the 'real world' and murderize them... so that no half-elf abominations are created here as well....)

And.. for an ages old deleted character (Thank the gods) Sheyarah.... First.. she'd hunt me down and try to kill me in a big flaming ball of death an doom, for A) Making her the biggest Sue that sentinels had for a long time period. B) For tormenting her at every point I could! Then she'd wreak burnination upon the rest of the world, stirring chaos is her second favorite thing after all... so.. After she's set off World War IV, having some tea and looting all the fancy dresses she could find... she'd, lastly, sleep with every male left that was pretty or psychopathic...

Or deaders. She had a thing for deaders... and we're only a step away from making zombies a reality, right?
Edited by Qualiniel on 12/10/2010 8:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
If i saw Siku in real life, i would ask myself wtf did i smoke to see this. Then i would try to bring her home, boot up WoW, and make her play with herself, thus creating some kind of paradox....

Now, more seriously... Siku would probably want to learn as much as she can from this world and would probably be even more secretive as to her abilities as she learns that our kind of human do not use any sort of magic.

I do live a boring life, but i'm not sure if Siku would want to go back to Azeroth, or like to treat this as a vacation where her life isnt in danger half the time. Could probably get a job as a pyromancer by learning how we do, and copying it to not make it looks like she just conjures flames outta nowhere.
Reply Quote
81 Blood Elf Paladin
12/10/2010 8:30 PMPosted by Siku
If i saw Siku in real life, i would ask myself wtf did i smoke to see this. Then i would try to bring her home, boot up WoW, and make her play with herself, thus creating some kind of paradox....

Do you have ANY idea how I read that?!

Melcyon would probably be a little excited, but possibly find me our reality a little dull. He might thank me for creating him in the way I did, with noble intentions.

I'd tell him why I did, and give him a big ol' hug. He might ask me what all that nonsense was about tanking Gun'Drak mostly naked was about though. Hopefully, he'd understand. Probably he would. He's laid-back like that.

The first thing he'd ask about our reality is probably our fashion industry and beauty standards. I can imagine Melcyon being very interested in why we as REAL humans that age and gain weight and gray and wrinkle, hold our standards as so that we look like HIS kind, forever. He might say he found ordinary humans rather beautiful the way they are, being that he tends to like the odd wrinkle and gray. "It looks distinguished". I can see him being VERY interested in menswear fashion. Possibly confused by ties.

He'd look at my t-shirts and baggy jeans, and just shake his head and regard me as a lost cause.

He would be absolutely perplexed at the way we communicate. He and I would likely have our disagreements about things like Twitter and Facebook and the faceless communique of WoW. He might be a little heartbroken to see that humans never talk face to face anymore. He likes to read people's emotions face to face.

He would be stark mad raving pissed at Blizzard for making it so there was this silly barrier between faction communication, having seen so many nice folks he could not talk to, or for all those times that he ran by that human or night elf that was getting slaughtered doing something truly for the good of the world, and he couldn't heal them.

Unless he found a sudden career in the fashion or movie industry, he'd probably want to go back to Azeroth. He'd ask me kindly not to repeat that embarrassing Gun'drak thing.

Don't worry, Mel. It was a one time thing. :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
12/10/2010 9:12 PMPosted by Melcyon
12/10/2010 8:30 PMPosted by Siku

Do you have ANY idea how I read that?!

We've both got our minds in the gutter apparently.

Ravine would probably try to strangle me at first for tormenting her in what stories she got involved in. I'd probably have to surrender my Juk'gron doll to appease her wrath, which pains me because I love my Juk'gron doll. :(

I think she'd stay here for awhile with her whole wanted status and all that. Seeing as she absolutely hates the cold and takes well to warm weather, I think she'd enjoy her time in Pineapple Island. She'd be a complete and total prude though and probably never take advantage of the beaches here, nor will she understand the technological advances in our world. (Sort of just nod her head and smile. The computer and Internet? It'll fly over her head.)

Eventually, Ravine would want to find her way back eventually. She's got a husband and all that to get back to. Unless Savras gets yanked here.

...On second thought, I don't want to think what would happen if Sav ever got yanked to our world.

===

Amara would probably have the time of her life here. I think she'd make her home on Pineapple Island AND Las Vegas; unlike Ravine, Amara would love the beaches here (and would probably hit on some hot guys), but she also has a gambling addiction, and since gambling is illegal here, she'd go to Sin City to get her fill of excitement.

Amara would probably stay here. For one thing, she doesn't have to worry about dragons. Secondly, she could probably weasel her way into a life of comfortable luxury.
Edited by Ravine on 12/10/2010 11:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Ruby would be shocked at this world and probably quite frightened for awhile. On the other hand the fact she is a terrible liar wouldn't matter because in a world where dragons don't exist they can't suspect anything anyway.

She'd be very puzzled about computers and the internet and once I explained them she'd tilt her head curiously at me and ask: "Do you REALLY think that thiss iss living Misster Typisst?"

She'd just shake her head in puzzled disappointment no matter how I tried to explain things, then she'd add me to her matchmaking list and I'd probably end up with a cute gaming chick thanks to her efforts.

Come to think of it... maybe this isn't a bad idea after all.

Rhune... he'd be disgusted at a world without magic and just portal back immediately. As he ought to. A world without magic is bland... which is why we have to create our own magic the best we can.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/13/2010 1:40 AMPosted by Rublestrasza

She'd just shake her head in puzzled disappointment no matter how I tried to explain things, then she'd add me to her matchmaking list and I'd probably end up with a cute gaming chick thanks to her efforts.

Come to think of it... maybe this isn't a bad idea after all.

If you showed her one of the matchmaking websites, you may not see her again for weeks :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Oh, this would not be a good thing for this world. If Iki came through the looking glass, she'd be happy and cheerfully talk to anyone and everyone. But, um, yeah, devastation follows in her wake. She doesn't mean it, they are after all just 'accidents' that happen to her, quite often. If she sees something that she might find unjust, she would probably try to uh, rectify the situation, which generally means a soulfire to the face.

She would also try to take my car out for a drive, cause everyone else is driving, why can't a Gnome? Right?
Reply Quote
71 Night Elf Hunter
12/13/2010 9:29 AMPosted by Ikinai

She would also try to take my car out for a drive, cause everyone else is driving, why can't a Gnome? Right?

This... is the scariest thing anyone has posted here yet. Hands down.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Well Steel would probably head off to the forests never to be heard from again.
Todar probably join the military, but eventually would head back to Azeroth,
Raye my mage would do like Rhune an port back after a fireball in my general direction.
Marq would sit there an drink all my coffee, go an rob a Dutch Bros. for there coffee, then take it back with him.
Heliana would probably go to work at a hospital, wherein she would be disgusted at the state of care to people( Think Star Trek IV) an would cast cleanse on someone before leaving in disgust heading back to Azeroth.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
12/13/2010 10:31 AMPosted by Qualiniel
12/13/2010 9:29 AMPosted by Ikinai

This... is the scariest thing anyone has posted here yet. Hands down.

Oddly enough I'd probably let her :p

Look out greater Puget Sound Metro area, Gnome loose on the roads!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hmm...

Arth would probably try to find some friends in this strange and confusing world, argue with with a cop about carrying a sword around in public, and generally act like the classic character of the caveman in modern times.

Aeth...lol. If he didn't get on the most wanted list for mowing down every human he saw, he'd probably get a job as a mechanic, or join the Army or Marine Corps. And probably get in hug legal trouble for carrying a gun, various melee weapons including daggers, a spear, and maybe a couple axes or swords, a satchel full of explosives, and having a huge wolf follow him everywhere. Not to mention the giant lava dog. Oh, and his flying machine without a license (What do you mean, "Azerothian Flight Masters' Licenses aren't valid, here, there or anywhere? Boy, I've been flying since before you were born!). And probably beat some punk who made a crack about his ears.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hmm... how would Thallia react...

I do believe that she would seek out a way to help heal everything that wounded our world around us. And would probably become very good friends with the hippies. ::chuckles:: But in the end, she's also loyal and would be searching for a way back to Azeroth, knowing that she didn't belong in this world and wanting to get back to care for all of her critter friends-- and other friends.

The balance of some things shouldn't be changed too much... there's no telling what could happen in such circumstances. And these would be the words that echoed in her mind as she tried to get back to where she belonged.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Ayala would probably try to hide in the trees near me park and throw knives at people. Or I'd convince her to sneak into my neighbors house and do unspeakable rogue-y things for them blasting their crap music all day.

Or she's probably just think she was in Elwynn and try to get back up north.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Kira would shove me aside and keep walking.

If I was dumb enough to say her name and clan, she'd probably beat me unconscious, drag me somewhere for questioning, and if I was lucky, I would convince her I'm useful as a source of information about this world where the humans won the war. Lucky is a relative term. I'd likely be in chains somewhere, dragged out to be questioned about whatever new thing she sees next then tossed back into a cell or closet to rot.

Kira's resourceful, but not terribly bright. When she figures out this entire planet is 'Alliance', she would probably set about building her own underground or gang to set herself up as a warlord. Invariably she would grow her mini-empire too big, attract the attention of the authorities, and end up in a fight against the government that she could never hope to win. The subsequent conflict would result in her death, and the deaths of many many police and military as the magically armored warrior goes out in a blaze of glory.

-Kira

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]