ret rotation?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I just got back into this game after being gone for 2 years.
I tried out a BG, but it felt sooo different that during the end days of BC.
What should my rotation be, and what are some tips I should know now-a-days for BG's?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
There is no rotation anymore, its a priority system.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
sorry, I do not know what that means. Is it basically what has cooled down, then spam everything?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
No it means that because of the addition of the Holy Power system we have abilities not always available. Plus, with %-on-hit procs we have other abilities that are available at random.

I mostly play prot, but i belive the ret priority list is

Hammer of Wrath
3 Holy Power Templar's Verdict
Exorcism with Art of War proc
Crusader strike
judge
wrist mounted pyro rocket (engineering, if you have it)
holy wrath
consecrate

so, in a perfect world you would never have to use holy wrath or consecrate, because they are so low on the priority list. when you pop wings, you will use HOW whenever its off CD, or without wings when your targets health allows. because you wont always have 3 HP or AOW proc, CS is your GO-TO ability when your big hitters are not available. when CS is on CD you judge.

now, that being said. you will likely be opening with Judge because of the long arm of the law talent. but once in melee range the priority list is your 'rotation'.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Only change: Exo should be above TV.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]