Why are people complaining about healing?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been told that the only reason I'm not having too much trouble is because I'm a Paladin. Is this true, are we just in a better place right now?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Just depends who you talk to. Every healer class is pretty much relearning how to heal atm so some people are just taking longer to get used to it. I've heard all classes crying about nerfs and also talked to people of all classes who love the challenge (even a resto druid o.O )
Reply Quote
We're even being told we don't have a right to discuss mana issues now :/. I think some of it might be that our healing is still pretty similar to before, we didn't have hots or bubbles and mostly just had single target heals. I've got a feeling that druids are having the biggest issues because now their entire strategy has been overhauled.

'course, this is my only healing toon, so I could just be crazy.
Reply Quote
12/11/2010 2:36 AMPosted by Snitz
Holy Paladins have it super bad right now We oom very quick and Holy light.....just a joke such a slow heal for a cheap cost and doesnt for for anything flash of light a quick heal only heals for around 18k....not worth it.

Go troll someone else. Holy light isn't a joke. Combined with HS and WoG/LoD, it's actually very effective. The important thing is that you're gaining HP when you use it. You might have to switch over to Divine Light at some point, but the concept is the same.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/11/2010 2:36 AMPosted by Snitz
Holy Paladins have it super bad right now We oom very quick and Holy light.....just a joke such a slow heal for a cheap cost and doesnt for for anything flash of light a quick heal only heals for around 18k....not worth it.

I don't have it super bad right now. As a matter of fact, I may be stronger than I've ever been.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
People are complaining about healing because in the 5-6 heroic runs I've run I've yet to see a healer not be completely and totally OOM before the boss hit half health.

As a ret pally, I've been casting Word of Glory (had to respec to improve it) more often than Templar's Verdict... Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I have it or we would have been in serious trouble. However, it shouldn't be this way. As is it feels like we need two healers on at least half the fights.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Healers go OOM so fast because of bad DPS. I've been running heroics for only about a day now, but whenever we get good DPS out of LFD we tend to do better.

All healing classes are having mana issues right now but I don't think its a design flaw. I just think blizzard has changed the way things work, so if you're standing around in fire/aoe/whatever then you're going to wipe.

Bad dps taking way too much damage = whatever healing class OOM in 10 seconds.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
No, I'm playing with some of the best our server has to offer. I've yet to see a group that wasn't composed of at least 3 kingslayers or equally difficult achievements. Most have been completely composed of such players. I've only seen one player I considered to be anything less than exceptional. And that was simply because he attacked the wrong target occasionally and didn't use his CC's without being asked to.

And its not that the DPS is bad either, we're doing the best we can with our gear. Again, at this point the players that are 85 tend to know what they're doing (well, maybe not now.. but when I was doing the runs I'm talking about). These fights aren't supposed to be 30 second fights anymore, and you can't blame DPS for not making them 30 second fights. When healers are OOM 60 seconds in, something is wrong.

Healers just aren't healing for enough, and are going oom insanely fast. Every single heroic I've done so far dps have literally been left at half health for the last 50% of the fight simply because the healer is totally OOM. I do my best to save anyone I know is about to die, and in the end healers are struggling just to keep a tank up.. let alone the rest of the group.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/11/2010 4:14 AMPosted by Reyvar
No, I'm playing with some of the best our server has to offer. I've yet to see a group that wasn't composed of at least 3 kingslayers or equally difficult achievements. Most have been completely composed of such players. I've only seen one player I considered to be anything less than exceptional. And that was simply because he attacked the wrong target occasionally and didn't use his CC's without being asked to.

And its not that the DPS is bad either, we're doing the best we can with our gear. Again, at this point the players that are 85 tend to know what they're doing (well, maybe not now.. but when I was doing the runs I'm talking about). These fights aren't supposed to be 30 second fights anymore, and you can't blame DPS for not making them 30 second fights. When healers are OOM 60 seconds in, something is wrong.

Healers just aren't healing for enough, and are going oom insanely fast. Every single heroic I've done so far dps have literally been left at half health for the last 50% of the fight simply because the healer is totally OOM. I do my best to save anyone I know is about to die, and in the end healers are struggling just to keep a tank up.. let alone the rest of the group.

Kingslayer doesn't scare me. Kingslayer doesn't require CC.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Healing doesn't require CC. Your job didn't change in the slightest. Its still keeping those little green bars from becoming little black bars. The only difference is that your heals hit for next to nothing compared to our health pools, cost FAR more relative to your mana pool, and take a lot longer to cast than you're used to due to the gear reset.

Also, the incoming damage is like nothing I've ever seen before. Tanks are taking 20% HP hits every second or two, and dps are getting hit for 10% on quite a few unavoidable AoE's. Massive health pools with heals that didn't scale to match them only compounds this problem.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
One thing I found is that if you use some CC for regular instances the healer doesn't run out of mana. I haven't attempted heroics that much yet but from what I see the average gear score requirement for getting into heroics is too low. It also helps to know boss abilities as well as some of the damage is avoidable.

It also doesn't help that we now have limited justice point earnings so getting to the point of being able to enter into heroics is harder now. It also helps to know boss abilities as well as some of the damage is avoidable.
Reply Quote
2 Troll Shaman
As far as healing goes, I think they achieved their goal of "bring the player not the class." However, I feel resto druids are a little behind for AOE healing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]