My healing experience so far...

85 Night Elf Druid
Druid is my main healer, currently a mix of whatever gear I could pick up questing and a couple dungeons.

Druid heals, to me, are now awful. It was fun being a tree, having small HOT's that were cheap, having small instant heals that were OK.

Taking away the tree I can live with if the heals are still OK, problem is they are not good. No big heals, no cheap small HOT's.

Druid heals are so different than what I leveled the class for, that it is not only not enjoyable, but really does a poor job of healing.

HOT's are now extremely mana intensive, with little effect. Direct heals are mana intensive, and still have little effect.

My Druid was my new main (really hate focus on my hunter), now it is really bad compared to may paladin healer.

I really disliked all the changes to Pali heals when they first came out, now love them.

I was so disgusted with druid healing that I went to my pali and gave it a try.

I never had major mana issues (still had to manage it, but wasn't constantly empty), the heals were much more powerful, with less mana used, etc.

Pali heals seem pretty decent, druid heals seem awful (weak heals, lots of mana used, no more HOT's).

Pali is fun to heal on since there is still things to do when people are not really low, Druid heals seems like stand around doing nothing (would have passed out some HOT's before to anticipate damage, but way to much mana now for worthless heals).

I plan on dumping my Druid and working on my Paladin, or just going back to playing FPS games since everything is homogonized too the point that there is no point having more than one character (annoying that I dropped my hunter main and made the Druid my new main since I did not like all the hunter changes). Pali healing seems reasonable (eats mana, but also actually heals), Druid is awful (eats mana and doesn't heal well).

My 80 Pali outheals my 84 Druid by a large margin, and while mana can still be an issue at times it no where near the problem that the Druid has.

My two cents.
Reply Quote
87 Troll Druid
12/10/2010 11:52 PMPosted by Druidette

Pali heals seem pretty decent, druid heals seem awful (weak heals, lots of mana used, no more HOT's).

My 80 Pali outheals my 84 Druid by a large margin, and while mana can still be an issue at times it no where near the problem that the Druid has.

My two cents.

Im in same situation.
Pretty hard to do some heroics...even with a decent tank & dps..
Had troubles in 2nd boss in Grim Batol and about 0 to 2 wipes for some heroic bosses (most of em' without wipes...but some where painful )
Maybe going to stick with my pally.

Btw, not reading troll coments of people without 2 healing classes at least to compare
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Holy one sentence paragraphs. Honestly, I'm not having any problems and am enjoying healing on my druid. I've yet to hit 85 and test out heroics; I'll see soon. The weak state of Regrowth is a bit annoying, but as long as I'm still able to land Healing Touch all is well. Mana conservation relies heavily on a druids ability to take advantage of clear casting procs. I've also been using ToL as more of a mana saving cooldown than a healing cooldown. The lifebloom spread procs a lot of clear casting from Malfurion's Gift. The only other thing than Regrowth that's bothering me would be the 20% loss of nourish without a HoT, making it rather weak without using mana to pre-hot. That along with our mastery and empowered touch lifebloom resets is restricting druid healing to a more tank centric healer role imo that helps raid heal with Wild growth, rejuv, or a direct heal. That to me at least seems like the most ideal method.

Edit: typo
Edited by Stratis on 12/11/2010 4:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
87 Troll Druid
12/11/2010 4:10 AMPosted by Stratis
Holy one sentence paragraphs. Honestly, I'm not having any problems and am enjoying healing on my druid. I've yet to hit 85 and test out heroics; I'll see soon. The weak state of Regrowth is a bit annoying, but as long as I'm still able to land Healing Touch all is well. Mana conservation relies heavily on a druids ability to take advantage of clear casting procs. I've also been using ToL as more of a mana saving cooldown than a healing cooldown. The lifebloom spread procs a lot of clear casting from Malfurion's Gift. The only other thing than Regrowth that's bothering me would be the 20% loss of nourish without a HoT, making it rather weak without using mana to pre-hot. That along with our mastery and empowered touch lifebloom resets is restricting druid healing to a more tank centric healer role imo that helps raid heal with Wild growth, rejuv, or a direct heal. That to me at least seems like the most ideal method.

Edit: typo

Read: PROBLEM starts at heroic.
83-85 healing is harder, yes, but not big deal.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I'm feeling the same way as you. This is not what I signed up for and it's just not fun anymore. I want to be a Druid not a Paladin.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I agree. It is just not fun anymore.

I understand that it is primarily because people still just run into a group of mobs and expect me to keep them healed. DPS pull aggro and it's seemingly business as usual for everyone else. What happens when they die? I get the blame or get kicked out of the group. It must be me right? They've been playing like this for years and druids have been able to heal them.

They don't check the healing forums to see the issues with healing. The only person it is affecting, at the moment, is me. I'm not able to have a permanent group to run with, so am stuck with PUGs. I don't have time to explain class/fight mechanics every time I run.

This is a difficult situation for me. I really like making healing more difficult so that being a good healer means something. Think a more subtle approach to making things difficult would have been a little nicer.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
I agree completely. Healing spells are underpowered and really mana expensive. I end up with a migraine everytime I try to heal a dungeon. I don't think I'll do it again until they fix druids or healing in general.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]