Reforged out of Mastery and picked up 500 dps

85 Goblin Priest
I reforged out of Mastery and into crit or haste (depending on what stat my gear didn't have) and picked up 400-500 dps on the dummies in Org.

Shadow Priest Mastery needs a buff please or was it not supposed to be more valuable than crit or haste?
Reply Quote
Pretty sure they're supposed to be about the same value, increasing or decreasing depending on the relative amounts of all the other stats.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Priest
Mastery is not necessarily supposed to be more valuable than the other combat ratings. Mathematically speaking, there's always going to be a "best stat," and ours happens to be haste. While our Mastery could be a little closer, it is no longer a liability, and that's probably the best we can hope for at this point.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
12/11/2010 6:12 AMPosted by Shortçhanged
Shadow Priest Mastery needs a buff please or was it not supposed to be more valuable than crit or haste?

It was not.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
12/11/2010 6:12 AMPosted by Shortçhanged
I reforged out of Mastery and into crit or haste (depending on what stat my gear didn't have) and picked up 400-500 dps on the dummies in Org.

Pretty sure shadow priest do not want mastery at all. Haste and crit yo!
Reply Quote
I don't understand why Blizzard is so fixated on Shadow Orbs when we've been telling them since early Beta that they're terrible. It's not a matter of a numbers, the mechanic itself is terrible. The addition of the DoT buff was welcome but it's still incredibly frustrating to use.

Please, just scrap it and give us +DoT damage as our mastery. And then take the talent Emp. Shadow Orbs and just make it Shadow Orbs, buffing Mind Blast with each orb. It'd be a nice talent, but it's a dreadful mastery. I really don't want my mastery to be what the devs consider "interesting" when it's a broken and irredeemable mess. It's not fun at all, it makes our ramp up time considerably MORE ridiculous than it ever was with Shadow Weaving (with bad RNG, you could spend quite a while before you get a Shadow Orb, meaning you have to wait that long to get your DoTs up), and it's frustrating. Just give us something simple, please. We've been begging you ever since we got to try this in Beta.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I picked up a much larger increase (on the order of 1k or higher) by doing the same. In my case, though, it's probably more to do with the still just quest gear I have which is pretty terrible. Trinkets especially.

I'd like to see an overhaul of our mastery too, but I feel like it's unlikely to happen. Or if it does, it won't be for a while.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]