How to Heal Heroics

85 Night Elf Druid
There are obviously a lot of people that are frustrated by the healing changes, so I did my patriotic duty and queued for a random heroic at 5 AM so I could make a video showing some ways to manage damage while maintaining your mana. It's a mediocre group in blues and greens, and I play like a full-on retard, but that's kind of the point. Even with the mental faculties of a seven month old child, it's possible to make it through heroics without much trouble if you know what spells to cast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cnZl_T_S5g

Hopefully some one will find this helpful.

edit: since I just transferred, you can see my spec here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/maybelle/talent/secondary
Edited by Maybele on 12/27/2010 4:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I found the video pretty helpful, thank you for taking the time to post it. I gotta admit, it's gonna take some getting used to, using HT again....I'm so used to regrowth + rejuv = full health on anyone.....

What was that addon bar between the two unit frames? It looked like something that popped up spells when they were ready? Not coolline....the other one you had there.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
What was that addon bar between the two unit frames?

It's just a box with poweraura indicators in it.
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Druid
Excuse me, what addon is that where your lifebloom, rejuv, etc are going across above your action bar? Thanks! It's hawt.
Reply Quote
My only gripe is that Swiftmend consumes an Omen of Clarity proc for the same cost as a Nourish :P
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I'm curious about the cd tracking addon too.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
this is probably the best post on these forumns. i know im not in heroics yet but i was having a problem with mana until i looked at your video and where your talent points are and it helped SO much. it used to put a good dent in my mana on trash mob pulls and i would nearly go oom on a decent sized pull. now, im almost always full mana. great video!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
That's sexycooldown. I've had it for awhile. Handy.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Both the cooldown tracker and HoT bars are Fortexorcist.

this is probably the best post on these forumns. i know im not in heroics yet but i was having a problem with mana until i looked at your video and where your talent points are and it helped SO much. it used to put a good dent in my mana on trash mob pulls and i would nearly go oom on a decent sized pull. now, im almost always full mana. great video!

I'm glad it helped!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Maybele im curious, whats ur spec atm? Seeing as how they took out the armory. I can't seem to find one that suits me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I dont know about you, but I feel we have been totally nerfed in direct healing.. tho HoTs are still powerful, but is very mana intensive.. the best way I heal is if the party member is to group up..

as for tank healing I find that if you can time your lifebloom is a big mana saver.. but might take a few kills to get to know your tank's damage taking rate..

I'm starting to learn to use nourish too. learn when to use it, is pretty good on mana saving.. but obviously you do get into grp that have total noobs and everyone think aggro is what make dps..
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
i was thinking in doing the same (uploading a video to help others), maybe i will tomorrow.

So far i have healed a couple heroics successfully, and my experience its
- DPS that pulls agro is something that u CANT heal, if they pull agro they are better dead rather than u going OOM (cause this way the whole party will die rather than only the retard).
- Dont try to heal everyone to full health unless the fight requires it, just be healing slowly here and there the raid, use WG on CD (most efficient for raid healing), when everybody its between 1/2 and 1/4 health pop tranquility and top everybody to full health. (My advice, use tranquility in every boss fight, it helps a damn lot on ur mana).
- Always have 3 stacks of LB in the tank and dont let them fade off, what i do its i just spam nourish on the tank if hes below 95% HP.
- Get TONS of spirit, specially if you have leather/cloth dps gear that doesnt have spirit, reforge something into spirit.
- Get urself a good healing spec.. dont copy mine, im still working on it, get everything that helps you to save mana and .. imo dont buff rejuvenation, i barley use it anymore, its just too much mana, at least for heroics.
Edited by Nenit on 12/11/2010 5:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
How is Efflorescence in heroics? Any chance that Genesis would be more useful?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/11/2010 5:00 PMPosted by Astrii
Maybele im curious, whats ur spec atm? Seeing as how they took out the armory. I can't seem to find one that suits me.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/veknilash/maybele/talent/secondary is what I use.

How is Efflorescence in heroics? Any chance that Genesis would be more useful?

Efflorescence has been nerfed to uselessness, pretty much. The amount of healing it does it pretty inconsequential, so if there's a talent you'd rather have, it probably doesn't matter. Unfortunately, you have to take at least 31 points in the Resto tree so getting both Moonglow and Genesis isn't possible.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Ah, thanks for the info. I haven't played in about two years, and I am not looking forward to the learning curve.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The video should be a must view for resto's who want some good advice on getting used to the new healing strategy. I think I shall tusk hug you. Sticky that thing imho.
Edited by Hozebeast on 12/11/2010 8:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Finally, someone took the time to help. Instead of posting the "Healing's fine go l2play nubs." Or the "Blizz this is to hard fix me".

+1
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
It was a great video and I think it encompasses all the changes that many may have forgotten since vanilla or never were used to . It also puts into an easier way to grasp than just text - it is appreciated that you took the time to put such together. Even as a resto drood for life - it gives a better perspective on things for upcoming heroics. Great job :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Honestly...I am very disturbed by what resto druids have become. I hit 85 Tuesday night and have followed the path of normals > heroics. I have completed all heroics and have heroic/359 gear. I had trouble healing heroics when I first started. With my gear now, they are much easier, but I still go oom on some intense fights. I watch my guilds other class healers walk into heroics after barely getting 329 gear requirement...and never go below 1/2 mana. Blizz needs to look at resto druids again IMO. We have strong hots, but can't sustain using them because of mana.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]