Okay Blizzard, funny time is over.

85 Goblin Priest
First and foremost, I love the fact that you made it so we can't run through content like its nothing. It makes the expansion that much thicker. It also weeds out the terrible players.

However.

It is a bit out of hand. It isn't a dps thing. It isn't a tank thing. Its a healing issue. I KNOW that the fix is coming sooner or later with ALL healers going OOM. A little pep in your step though would be appreciated with fixing it.

It isn't a gear issue either before the claim to fame becomes your not properly geared because even going back to LK forces wipes where it never has before. Tanks blowing cool downs doesn't help the issue, dps AVOIDING pulling threat also isn't the problem solver.

Either you need to kick our mana pools up about oh say... x2 or reduce the cost of spells universally.

The fact that our spells roughly hit for the same amount they did before Cataclysm tied to the fact that mobs hit harder and our health pools went up insane amounts... which you may have thought would solve the issue but clearly isn't the answer, sucks.

As a priest, I'm using elixirs on normal runs drinking pots every time it is off cooldown blowing Hymn & shadow fiend when I can. Even with our group using CC and extra things such as innervate it is a pain in the butt.

I won't even go into heroics either, not giving us craft able epics to even pretend its going to solve the issue if we farm 10,000 mats for them is another right hook to the jaw.

Reforging for spirit or int doesn't fix the mana issue either.

I believe every possible concept has been covered besides the fix that is coming eventually on your end. We all play the game month after month, our subscriptions are not going to be canceled so why prolong it?

I'm not asking to have too much mana, but I'm asking to have enough mana to get through the FIGHT. Drinking between fights is fine but when you can go into a battle with full mana blow every cooldown in your group, have extras such as elixirs & pots and still be sitting at the boss with 10-40% hp with no way of killing him...

Its becoming highly annoying.

If you haven't finished tweaking the RAIDS yet so you are forcing us to get slaughtered in normal/heroics til our faces exploded... to give you time, thats messed up. I don't see any other reason to why it hasn't been addressed.

The numbers being a "sensitive" thing to adjust is a load of crap, you don't wanna give us to much just to have to take it away.. Then use logic, increase it with minimal adjustments and slowly work it up til its at where it should be at. How about a 15% spell cost reduction to start? That isn't completely jumping off the boat of reasonable.

You have had your laughs and entertainment value. Now fix it.

Trolls and cupcakes too scared to post on your main toon, feel free to now enter with your flame throwers.
Edited by Sahtyre on 12/11/2010 10:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
My first thought on this is: ARE YOU CRAZY?!?! That will severely make priests even more overpowered in PVP! I'm always ok with Blizz doing something to fix the class, but not at the expense of alienating an entire group of people. If they can fix priests (or any class for that matter) without doing that, then I agree. Everyone loves priests, so long as they're in your own group/raid/BG group. ;)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
this is the 5th day of the expansion and people are complaining already. ugh.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
I said healers. Not just priest.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
I'd like to remind you that there is a Justice Point vendor with plenty of blue gear, such as this awesome hat I'm wearing. Personally, I've finally managed to go through a couple of normal encounters without going OOM or even using a pot, Sfiend/HoH. I do, however, use a Ghost Elixir (Mixology ftw). Perhaps it's not Blizzard, but it is you and your gear? I'm going to try out some heroics today, though, and see how they go. And yes, all healers are going OOM, but the only *exceedingly* challenging instances on normal are Lost City of Tol'vir when your regen is crap, and Vortex Pinnacle with those stupid arcane balls of doom. Occasionally Halls of Origination on the first pulls. Going out of mana is fine. Buy more water. Make friends with a mage. Damage output isn't so bad that it's going to be a wipe every time unless (a) your DPS is low or (b) your tank is bad. Oh, and no, I haven't enchanted anything other than my shoulders, or reforged anything.
Edited by Tomaj on 12/11/2010 3:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
That would be great if justice points were rewarded every random you did but, seeing as one a day @ 70 points isn't gonna cut it for acquiring gear. (i know, i know.) My bad for not stacking JP prior to Cata release.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
12/11/2010 6:16 PMPosted by Sahtyre
That would be great if justice points were rewarded every random you did but, seeing as one a day @ 70 points isn't gonna cut it for acquiring gear. (i know, i know.) My bad for not stacking JP prior to Cata release.

I sure didn't stack JP, either, the hat was all I had enough JP for. There are plenty of things in HoO, LCT and GB though as far as upgrades for a holy priest. And yes, heroics are pretty brutal without the gear for it, but that was the whole idea of gear progression: get geared for heroics, then get geared for raids. No, I haven't completed any heroics thus far, but I'm okay with that. I've got some gear upgrades lined up that I'm looking into, and will go from there.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
My oppinion is that is impossible for a discipline priest to heal an heroic with the actual system. The mana just run out. (if anyone have a youtube video of a disc priest healing an 85 heroic plz let me know). I think is ridiculous to increase from one level to another ur base stats like mana and stamina like crazy but not the base power of the spells, u just feel that ur spells r getting weaker and weaker. If some people find the disproportional weak spells thrilling and the lack of mana exciting, fine for them. I play this game to feel powerfull and realized, this sucks. Blizzard u just messed with a great game and if someone tell me i can uninstall cataclysm and continue with WotLK and my toons just go back to 80 i will gladly do so, if not i will eventually leave this game. This sucks
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
IMO Healers aren't seeing the bigger picture with healing in a group and to blame for this Wotlk. The content was watered down to were all a Tank had to do was AOE tank and burn trash. With a splash of Vanilla and a hint of TBC crowd control is back in force. Sad thing is most New players and Wotlk player have no clue of the concept. You'll see "Super Tank" go in and grab everything thinking Cata is Wotlk {Big Mistake} and results the healer having to burn mana to over heal the tank. Also Tanks aren't gear'd correctly either which causes more healing to be done that shouldn't be required. Alot of issues are due to current tanks. Bottom line Cata isn't about Tanks anymore. It's about team work. Classes like ret pallies, shadow priest, druids, etc that have some sort of healing spells need to learn how to help a healer out with an off heal cause yes the healer will be out of mana if an "OH SH1T" moment happens. DPS is also at fault for not knowing how to help the Tank and Healer. Usually it's about how big they blew up the dps meters. And dont know how to CC Kite Distract Taunt etc and keep adds off the healer or even themselves. Again Wotlk is to blame and all those that QQ about not wanting to take the time and learn their class these choose to play. In Blue Post they even stated no more ZZZzzz while healing. have to make choices on which heals you're gunna use. I think it's great cause in Woltk healing as a druid was boring. My suggestion is if you're seeing a loss of MP5 then you need more spirit lol for MP5 while casting. In my current heroics I've done the healer usually go close to oom if not oom during an Boss encounter. As for "Heroic Trash" If the Tank waits for CC such as a Sheep Pull or a Mind control. Heals are left with 60% mana. Give it sometime to get some better gear with proper stats.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
This is my current main. Heals are fine. First, i dont heal dps that stands in the bad. Mana is precious. I have a macro for heroics letting everyone know my job and intent. If you heal bad dps and the tank dies, you are to blame. period. Team work is a must now. Part of that is not making the heals waste their mana on peeps who fail at situational awareness. Its been one week. Lets get some gear and give cata a chance. Heals, including myself, need to take a step back and unlearn the bad habits alot of us got in wrath. I now cc regularly in heorics. Healers, this is not just the dps role anymore. If your class has a clearcasting proc, use it wisely. I pray that blizz doesnt buff heals for all the crying on the forums. The game is fun again. Please keep it that way.
PS blizz, give tree form a dance pls.
Edited by Alonan on 12/14/2010 9:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Why is this in the WEBSITE feature request forum?

This isn't the new suggestion forum.

Go back to QQing on the Healing forum please.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
So let me get this straight, you are outraged because undergeared healers are having a tough time with heroic content?

I'm sorry but I fail to see an issue with this. When I first hit 85 I ran OOM on nearly every pull. after a couple days of heroics and obtaining gear I can make it though most encounters with mana to spare. As I get more gear it gets increasingly easier to maintain.. this is how it is supposed to work. Why would any one expect to hit 85 and then sail through brand new content? Why would you even want that?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]