Have your heals scaled?

85 Blood Elf Priest
So I'm curious. As a holy priest it doesn't seem as though any of my healing spells have scaled up at all since ICC. In other words, I'm healing for the same amount of healing as I was back in my level 80 gear. It seems like the only thing that has scaled up since level 80 healing is the mana costs, which I have very little issue with. 7k heals and 14k flash heals were awesome when people had 30k health, yet not very awesome when people have 100k health. It just doesn't seem right that there has been no scaling.

TL;DR: So putting any mana issues aside, Other healing classes: have your heals gotten more powerful? Or are you healing for the same amounts as you were at 80? Is this intended?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
I know right..Same thing... My greater heal heals for 20k... Same thing as lvl 80.. I dont understand.. I need to spam greater heal to heal the tank and it BURNS my mana... Theres something wrong...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I feel like my disc priest's heals are actually healing for less than at 80, even after speccing into Empowered Healing, and gaining a huge wad of int/spellpower. >__>

I feel most secure healing on my priest, and with what is happening right now, I don't feel confident enough to give my shaman or druid a try. This paladin is likely replacing the shaman and druid as a more active character once she's caught up to them.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Most dps do 1/2 - 2/3 the damage they did at 80 upon hitting 85. Wait for gear to complain.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Not at first, but I got some pretty decent gear right now and everything's feeling good to be honest. I was being the biggest crybaby two days ago, but if you just deal with it and gear out a bit it's getting much much better.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Also keep in mind, you're likely comparing your current level 85 heals to your heals in ICC at level 80...which had a 30% healing buff.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
YO BLIZZARD WHY ARE WE HEALING 7K A POP ON 130K HEALTH POOLS WTF FIX HEALING
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
12/11/2010 3:44 PMPosted by Cronoblast
Also keep in mind, you're likely comparing your current level 85 heals to your heals in ICC at level 80...which had a 30% healing buff.

No, the coefficients have definitely changed on the road to 85.

Going from ~2500 spell power to 3500 spell power at 80 would mean a difference of something like 800 each Penance tick, for example.

Going from 3500 spell power at 80 to ~4700 at 85 has meant a difference of maybe a couple hundred (maybe) per tick.
Edited by Believe on 12/11/2010 7:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Tortellini is right everything scaled with lvl except SP of our spells. having same problem getting ppl up with out going oom.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/11/2010 3:12 PMPosted by Zolid
The heals definitely didn't scale well if at all...blizzard needs to fix this soon

There is no intention to fix this. It was reported in beta as well. Working as intended. Terrible but 'working'.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Priest
With the lack of scaling dps and healing comes the massive improvement in spell power bonuses in gear and the fact that int is increased in huge numbers making spell power go through the roof. Answer: Scaling isn't that radical from 80-85 because spell power bonuses in gear is so huge. Get better gear then come back.
Reply Quote
12/11/2010 7:43 PMPosted by Fluffybubble
With the lack of scaling dps and healing comes the massive improvement in spell power bonuses in gear and the fact that int is increased in huge numbers making spell power go through the roof. Answer: Scaling isn't that radical from 80-85 because spell power bonuses in gear is so huge. Get better gear then come back.

Hard to get better gear when it's nearly impossible to heal PuG groups that don't know what they're doing. And even if I had a premade my healing spells are too weak (and mana cost too large) to get anything done to get gear.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Just did some quick testing, and...

...Greater Heal scales with spell power at a rate of 111.21%, down from 161.14% in Wrath.
...Penance scales with spell power at a rate of 80.36%, down from 160.86% in Wrath.

I imagine, though, that the scaling difference went live with 4.0.1 (or *.3) and we're only noticing it now because we're improving our gear again.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
I thought about this a little bit more and I realized this means damage is scaling better than healing.

Not sure what the design intent is there.
Reply Quote
16 Blood Elf Mage
In all fairness Believe, we didn't notice it because we weren't using Greater Heal in wrath =).

As for Penance, it's a blitz attack of heal + 30% buff, noone cared to notice what healed for.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
I'll do some testing on my damage spells, but I'm pretty sure spell power improves damage more than it improves healing, which is bewildering.

But yeah, I'm not surprised that we didn't notice immediately.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/12/2010 10:44 AMPosted by Believe
I'll do some testing on my damage spells, but I'm pretty sure spell power improves damage more than it improves healing, which is bewildering.

But yeah, I'm not surprised that we didn't notice immediately.

It was all over the forums a while back. Heal scaling got the hammer because Blizzard didn't want wildly inflated numbers everywhere, or that's what we heard. What happened was wildly inflated numbers everywhere but healing.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Healing Is hard, thought I agree the damage in some heroics damage is still a tad to high but I'm happy with the changes. I'm not watching t.v calling a firend and still healing easily. Now you need to think wisely of what you're going to cast (at lest in this first teir.)
this is however the first week of the expansion we will have to wait untill patch day to see what blizard thinks
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/11/2010 2:58 PMPosted by Tortellini
So I'm curious. As a holy priest it doesn't seem as though any of my healing spells have scaled up at all since ICC. In other words, I'm healing for the same amount of healing as I was back in my level 80 gear. It seems like the only thing that has scaled up since level 80 healing is the mana costs, which I have very little issue with. 7k heals and 14k flash heals were awesome when people had 30k health, yet not very awesome when people have 100k health. It just doesn't seem right that there has been no scaling.

TL;DR: So putting any mana issues aside, Other healing classes: have your heals gotten more powerful? Or are you healing for the same amounts as you were at 80? Is this intended?

They scaled up the mana cost but left heals at level 80 power. Doesn't make much sense in my opinion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]