Whats the point to heal ?

80 Undead Rogue
Before putting my healer into the grave because it was no fun to play anymore as a healer I asked my self y the fun was gone.

#1 - Used to know I was doing something, when I use to cast a spell the players health bar would move and I know I did something, now I could stand next to him and bandage him for more healing then what I do :)

#2 - I liked the fact that their were deffrent roles for a healer and I had a choice in the role as a priest, I could be a raid healer or a tank healer and I could spec for that, now a pally could do more raid healing then me and not go OOM. their really is nothing that makes one class deffrent from any other, you can just go with all of the same class because they are the best healers atm pallies :(

#3 - As a healer in TBC and Wotlk, I always had a choice of spells to cast depending on what was going on but now its like I am forced to cast the same spells over and over again to not go OOM. Its like your just watching HP bars and hoping that your spell crits so that you don't need to cast some other long ass spell to get the player above 50% hp :(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Healing has become what I think blizz was trying to avoid. Just stand in one spot casting the same heal over and over, barely making the tank's bar twitch and watching the dps die because to stop spamming same spell on tank is to watch tank die.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/11/2010 4:08 PMPosted by Sausagefan
The point of healing is to make the health bars of you and your friends go up.

Yes, but it doesn't really do that like it should.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
12/11/2010 4:13 PMPosted by Sausagefan
12/11/2010 4:11 PMPosted by Magicudders
[quote="14059980158"]The point of healing is to make the health bars of you and your friends go up.

Yes, but it doesn't really do that like it should.

Hit 85 and get some upgrades. It does get better. You just have to hope you find DPS and tanks who understand that Wrath was last week, and that their health is their responsibility.[/quote]

That's really easy for you to say, you're a priest. 2 things to make your mana go up. Me, I have a Totem that does absolutely nothing because of the changes to it. Yes, I have a water shield... but in order for me to get a sufficient amount of mana back, I need to get hit, and then I have to heal myself BECAUSE I got hit and my mana that I got back went bye bye...

It's really disheartening that my heals are garbage now. I've healed since pre-bc on a priest, THAT was fun. This, this is not.

As for the whole, get gear it'll get better thing... not true, only thing that changes is my mana pool... and that scales the mana cost of our spells and does absolutely nothing for the power of the spells we cast... >.<!!!!
Edited by Zyrk on 12/11/2010 4:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/11/2010 4:05 PMPosted by Magicudders
Healing has become what I think blizz was trying to avoid. Just stand in one spot casting the same heal over and over, barely making the tank's bar twitch and watching the dps die because to stop spamming same spell on tank is to watch tank die.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]