I wish i did not level my main to 85..

90 Draenei Paladin
Heys, im sharon. :D I have been healing pvp and pve for about 2 years now.. As my pally is my main, I chose to level her first. Hoping that at lv 85, i will be able to heal alot better; and the game will be more exciting and enjoyable. And now i found myself hating the game alot more.. Sure, the nice new zones are beautiful and i personally love the Underwater zone; its really pretty.. :)

Its like back when i was lv 80, in 277 gear i had a mana pool of 39k, Flash of Light (FoL) was 1.3k mana cost. My average crit for my pvp and pve set was 39.7% (I mainly gemmed Crit and Intellect; Not haste or mp5)

However now, at lv 85, in an average gear of 330, my mana pool is 69k, FoL now costs 5 times more at 6.3k mana. My crit is only 12.2% (after reforging) and i find myself casting only Holy light (2.3k mana cost) which has a 2.2 sec cast time (very long!! >.< )

Lv 85 PvE healing in Dungeons and Heroics are a total nightmare. I have to worry about mana management, i now have low crit so my Holy shock doesnt crit as often. And im healing alot lower as a lv 85, compared to as i was 80. Since i got to 85, healing for me has been absolutely stressful and a nightmare. I really am starting to wish i never leveled my main to 85; I would have been better off as a lv 80. : /

And as you should know, in pvp, Long casts = high chance of interupts = Your dead.
I seriously dont know now, i barely feel like playing this game anymore. D:

Your innocent healer,
:(
/cries

Reply Quote
I really like figuring out tricks to make every encounter more mana efficient. Stonecore was my favourite for this, since as a Shaman I have a huge amount of control w/regards to how much raid damage comes in. It can get pretty hectic sometimes, but it also makes me feel like I won the encounter.

Try checking the things you can do to make your life easier that aren't healing, be it applying CC, throwing out an interrupt, dropping snares, etc... It may be traditionally considered DPS work, but we don't have the mana pools to leave that stuff to 'chance', anymore. Be proactive.

Gear will make all of it easier. Your gear, because you'll be able to heal longer and better, and other players gear because they'll survive better and need to survive less time. Everyone will get more used to managing the dungeon mechanics, and plenty of people will once more look at mitigation/survival class features they'd long abandoned using. You're still needed, you still have a massive role in the survival of the party. But so do they.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/12/2010 2:26 AMPosted by Sharonlessb
Heys, im sharon. :D I have been healing pvp and pve for about 2 years now.. As my pally is my main, I chose to level her first. Hoping that at lv 85, i will be able to heal alot better; and the game will be more exciting and enjoyable. And now i found myself hating the game alot more.. Sure, the nice new zones are beautiful and i personally love the Underwater zone; its really pretty.. :)

Its like back when i was lv 80, in 277 gear i had a mana pool of 39k, Flash of Light (FoL) was 1.3k mana cost. My average crit for my pvp and pve set was 39.7% (I mainly gemmed Crit and Intellect; Not haste or mp5)

However now, at lv 85, in an average gear of 330, my mana pool is 69k, FoL now costs 5 times more at 6.3k mana. My crit is only 12.2% (after reforging) and i find myself casting only Holy light (2.3k mana cost) which has a 2.2 sec cast time (very long!! >.< )

Lv 85 PvE healing in Dungeons and Heroics are a total nightmare. I have to worry about mana management, i now have low crit so my Holy shock doesnt crit as often. And im healing alot lower as a lv 85, compared to as i was 80. Since i got to 85, healing for me has been absolutely stressful and a nightmare. I really am starting to wish i never leveled my main to 85; I would have been better off as a lv 80. : /

And as you should know, in pvp, Long casts = high chance of interupts = Your dead.

Your innocent healer,
/cries

healing has changed a lot as we all know and i was feeling basically the same, its not exactly fun, tho i do like a challenge so that being said im probly going to stick with it for awhile.

the thing about healing right now is a lot of the damage coming in that you cant keep up with healing is due to OTHER peoples mistakes / laziness. when you get a group of people that actually know how to not stand in fire / how to cc / how to interrupt you will notice that the damage the group and tank takes goes down by a TON.

that being said i do feel that healing could use a decent buff, maybe 10-20% more healing done per spell or a decent mana cost reduction atm

healing for 20k with my biggest heal just seems wrong when the entire party has over 100k hp, esp when said heal costs over 7k mana

i def like the concept of what they did with healing in making it more challenging however imo they took it a bit too far.

i dont mind not being able to keep a dps alive forever for standing in a fire thats perfectly fine
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
For everyone that says healing was to easy before i agree, BUT a lvl 85 healer should be able to heal
better that a lvl 80 can..

What gets me mad is that at lv 80 i can heal icc LK, but at 82 i dont think I can with my mana cost 100% higher already but my mana pool only gained 10%.
I would have been better off staying at lv 80 .

I can only hope a hotfix is coming
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin

Your innocent healer,
/cries

As a pally healer who has few issues with mana management, let me give you a little advice. Pally healing is a complete different ball game. From what I've heard, our class has changed *the most* on what we do for healing.

If you stopped using Holy light at 80 b/c it was crappy then (as most of us did) PUT IT BACK ON YOUR BAR! It's useful now.

Beacon the Tank. Holy Shock to get Holy power. When you get the daybreak proc, even if you *have* 3 holy power, Holy Shock twice--use your proc. It's awesome. And use Word of glory. You can keep your dps at around 50 percent mana. When you hit about 75 percent mana, pop divine plea and avenging wrath. When those wear off, pop Divine Favor (20 percent haste/crit? hell yeah). Use Guardian of Ancient Kings. When you get infusion of light and the tank/group damage is light? Use holy light. If tank damage is heavy? Use divine light when it procs.

And above all else *STOP REFORGING CRIT*
We need Int/Spirit/Haste MUCH MORE than we need Crit. Don't spam flash of light, it's not doable. Only use it when your dps are at like 20 percent mana and you need to get them up fast or if a tank is at 40 and then cast a long divine light (if proc isn't up). Holy shock on CD. Use Hand of Sacrifice to reduce the damage the tank is taking.

And INT by the way GIVES CRIT. So it's your #1 stat before spirit/haste. And it makes it pointless to reforge to crit when we get it from every piece of gear we have.

There's a lot of stuff to remember and a lot to actively do healing as a paladin.
Reply Quote
78 Blood Elf Priest

Your innocent healer,
/cries

I am in the same boat all most all my lvl 80s were a healing class except my rogue, my main was my holy pve/pvp pally and I seriously want a level refund of a money refund this is crap pve healing is boring and pvp healing is useless! completely useless...the afkers in battlegrounds deserver more honor honestly because all the healer is anymore is free honor... were we used to be a supporting role we could make or break epic pvp battle ...now we just get blamed for everything healing is crap right now.

None of my other 80s are going to see 85, until this gets fixed or my subscription runs out...I really regret having leveled my main first even though wrath content was boring at least the haling was fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]