Divine Plea needs a rework.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
-50% heal reduction is WAY too much atm. It should be reduce healing by 10% or no penalty at all.

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I find it COMPLETELY awesome that I can outdo a warrior in giving myself a Mortal Strike. That's utter and pure win.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I haven't done too much heroics yet, but I've always have to use Divine Plea in conjunction with Avenging Wrath. Takes it down to -30% heals which allows me to use it when at least once early into a boss fight and usually again when its off CD cause mana is so tight. I spec into paragon of virture so DP and AW share the same CD.

I recall a blue post not budging from this issue though. GC said something awhile ago about wanting healers to think about when they have to use their mana regen abilities =/
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
1.2*0.5=0.6

I don't think it worth using AW during Divine plea.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Totally does not need a rework. Start thinking about what spells you're casting and when, then Divine Plea will just fall into the works and do wonders for you.

I only AW during DP when I have to maintain heals but I'm getting super low on mana.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
divine plea is just fine where it was. it was horribly OP in 3.1, and we just learned to adapt once it was nerfed. if you use it in conjunction with avenging wrath, and any trinkets that boost SP, you'll be more than fine.

there is no way blizz will take away the reduction, because everyone and their mom will QQ about us being to epicly amazing.

just like every other wotlk QQ'er, L2P and Adapt.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think the penalty should be removed, but only on WoG. I don't think our (manaless) spell should be penalized when we use a mana regen ability. Also, rets and prots shouldnt have their survivability nerfed with divine plea (particularly prot who can use DP in a pinch for an instant 3 HP).
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Leave Divine Plea alone, if you want you can buff it yourself with the glyph otherwise just learn to be more efficient.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/12/2010 7:52 PMPosted by Farranor
12/12/2010 7:33 PMPosted by Sanctitty
I think the penalty should be removed, but only on WoG. I don't think our (manaless) spell should be penalized when we use a mana regen ability. Also, rets and prots shouldnt have their survivability nerfed with divine plea (particularly prot who can use DP in a pinch for an instant 3 HP).

How do ret and prot reduce their survivability by using DP?

(Just in case you're planning on responding, "because it cuts their received healing in two!" let me just say that DP only reduces the output of the heals cast by whoever is gaining mana through DP; heals cast by anyone else, whether their target has DP active or not, are unaffected.)

Because our only instant self heal is reduced by half, meaning the ability prots spend points improving and making worth casting gets reduced by half, the overheal absorb shield gets reduced by half.

This ain't my first rodeo, cowboy, I know what the abilities are and how they work.

The better question is, why do we of all the classes with mana regen abilities have a penalty invoked? Innervate regens twice as much mana in less time, with only a slightly longer cooldown. Shadowfiend? No penalty. Mana tide? No penalty. You get the trend. Back when it regenned more mana it NEEDED the penalty. Now, not so much.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The point is why the 50% reduction when we use Plea? Isnt it suppose to be 10% like how warrior/rogue or other reduction abilities is only 10%.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Speaking as a very new paladin, divine plea has always looked VERY unattractive to use. I don't think we should have a spell or utility that would only be safe or effective to use if you have certain skill level or have been through an encounter enough to know when you can use it. I know I'm not going to be using it any time soon, even once I hit the level cap.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/12/2010 7:03 PMPosted by Dancingmad
There's always chances to plea in every fight, even if there aren't, Guardian of ancient kings compensates for plea nicely. Mana is meant to be challenging to manage now, if Plea had no penalty it would simply defeat the purpose.

Innervate? Shadow fiend? Mana Tide Totem?

I'm failing to see the penalties on those abilities and they tend to restore more mana than 10%
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Dont know about anyone else, but i never use divine plea in a fight. Its alright for getting mana back after fights are over though.

We dont get any decent mana abilities but we do get free heals which i feel makes up for it nicely.
If i could change it, i would have it give 50% mana back, with a 90% healing debuff so i wouldnt have to buy water :D
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
12/12/2010 11:04 PMPosted by Lucreta
12/12/2010 7:03 PMPosted by Dancingmad
There's always chances to plea in every fight, even if there aren't, Guardian of ancient kings compensates for plea nicely. Mana is meant to be challenging to manage now, if Plea had no penalty it would simply defeat the purpose.

Innervate? Shadow fiend? Mana Tide Totem?

I'm failing to see the penalties on those abilities and they tend to restore more mana than 10%

This, I mean if they want an easy way out they could just homogenize it with innervate or something and increase the cooldown. If I find a 15 second period where I dont need to cast then a fight is easy. Otherwise I cant see a situation where it is worth the 10% mana to cast gimped heals over a span of 15 seconds. (Even in terms of straight mana efficiency!)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/12/2010 11:58 PMPosted by Stöp

This, I mean if they want an easy way out they could just homogenize it with innervate or something and increase the cooldown. If I find a 15 second period where I dont need to cast then a fight is easy. Otherwise I cant see a situation where it is worth the 10% mana to cast gimped heals over a span of 15 seconds. (Even in terms of straight mana efficiency!)

Innervate = 20% Casters (druid casting) maximum mana over 10 seconds on a 3 minute CD.

Shadowfiend = 3% mana per hit, lasts 15 seconds, takes less aoe damage and can be glyphed to restore some mana if it dies still. (5% of the priests max mana) 5 Minute CD.

Mana Tider = Spirit increased by 350% for 12 seconds for everyone in range of the totem. 3 Minute CD.

Divine Plea = 10% of maximum mana over 15 seconds with a -50% healing debuff for the duration. 2 minute CD.

=/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I guess it could do with a lil buff. At the moment I only use divine plea during phase changes during bosses and most of the time cancel it after around 6-10seconds when the tank starts taking damage again. Be sure to keep using judgement though, returns 15% of ur base mana.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]