How to DPS as a Paladin now!

85 Blood Elf Paladin
An awful lot of people complaining about our DPS in dungeons nowadays...
Here is the true secret to filling the DPS slot:

Keep Righteous Fury turned off. Now before you all start yelling about me not making any sense, that it's always off anyway and that I'm an idiot wasting your time - the reason I give you this tip is that it's going to be very hard to get used to not having it on, because to DPS you are going to be speccing Protection.

1. Spec Prot
2. Wear full strength gear
3. Get a slow hitting, DPS 1h (see enhancement shamans and frost DK weapons)
4. Wear a spell power shield
5. Stand next to your tank in dungeons, and ACT like you are tanking, using all the moves you would normally use to hold threat (including HotR, Avengers Sheild, SotR, Cons and Holy Wrath) EXCEPT for your taunts and again, keep Righteous Fury off.
6. Get in top of DPS

Thank me later friends.

Disclaimer: mostly a parody thread but upon reading it again this actually sounds like a really good idea...
Edited by Athura on 12/12/2010 5:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
do it all the time
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It's so sad that I found this plausible.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
This doesn't fix the problem with ret paladins.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
1. why a spell power sheild?
2. SAME exact spec as a prot tank build?
3. which t11 gear would a person use?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Disclaimer: mostly a parody thread

But feel free to change around some parts if you actually go ahead and use this tactic for DPS Farranor. I for one like the sound that parrying makes, and the sp Sheild was intended for a slight increase to HotR shockwaves and Censure dmg. Of course it's still a bit of a joke. :)
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
12/12/2010 5:56 PMPosted by Athura
An awful lot of people complaining about our DPS in dungeons nowadays...
Here is the true secret to filling the DPS slot:

Keep Righteous Fury turned off. Now before you all start yelling about me not making any sense, that it's always off anyway and that I'm an idiot wasting your time - the reason I give you this tip is that it's going to be very hard to get used to not having it on, because to DPS you are going to be speccing Protection.

1. Spec Prot
2. Wear full strength gear
3. Get a slow hitting, DPS 1h (see enhancement shamans and frost DK weapons)
4. Wear a spell power shield
5. Stand next to your tank in dungeons, and ACT like you are tanking, using all the moves you would normally use to hold threat (including HotR, Avengers Sheild, SotR, Cons and Holy Wrath) EXCEPT for your taunts and again, keep Righteous Fury off.
6. Get in top of DPS

Thank me later friends.

Disclaimer: mostly a parody thread but upon reading it again this actually sounds like a really good idea...

Sadly this is true. I can do far higher dps as prot spec than ret, not to mention I can off tank.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/12/2010 6:23 PMPosted by Thorimm
1. why a spell power sheild?
2. SAME exact spec as a prot tank build?
3. which t11 gear would a person use?

I cannot say that I would really gear up for this just in case we do see a ret fix in the near future, but since you are going for dmg I guess the T11 Ret Gear... The SP shield just seems right because a tanking Sheild wouldn't really do any good for it's purpose, since you aren't going to be the actual tank. AGAIN this is all figuratively speaking as it is a joke with the purpose of having a playful jab at retribution's gimpyness at this stage. OR IS IT?

Yes it is.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/12/2010 6:53 PMPosted by Farranor
Tanking shields have strength. Caster shields have int. Str would add more DPS than an equivalent amount of int.

Noted, I originally overlooked that fact.

On a different subject, how do you keep your portrait in that BC gear?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I have a super-genius strategy that involves taking this gear set out of my bank, equipping it with the Equipment Manager, and logging out. =P

Very clever.
This gives me an idea.
starts collecting rogue dungeon set
Edited by Athura on 12/12/2010 7:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, standing in front of the mobs WOULD let you soak some damage and get vengeance (conal/cleave/etc attacks)
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
If you're going to bother with some SP gear get a caster weapon. That's what atleast 1500 SP right there which'll boost to just about all of you're spells (given the fact that inquisition increases HOLY damage). i feel that this might not be a bad idea except for the fact that you look stupid and it just makes blizz want to mess with pallys even more
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/12/2010 7:55 PMPosted by Trygve
...i feel that this might not be a bad idea except for the fact that you look stupid and it just makes blizz want to mess with pallys even more
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
yes?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/12/2010 8:02 PMPosted by Trygve
yes?

Just agreeing with you by way of repetition.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Shhh... srsly guys... When the dev "team" sees this they will go ape-sh*t.
Imagine this conversation....
Dev A: Hrmmm... apparently Prot is doing more damage than Ret.
Dev B: WTFBBQNOWAI!!!!! But Ret should do teh most deeps!!!
Dev A: You're right. We need to nerf Prot damage below Ret so people know Ret is deeps.

See what I did there?
/sadface for pallies
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]