The Grand Marshal Group

I was looking back at some very old PvP ladder screenshots and I thought back when Vanilla WoW, was WoW to me. Now, don't get me wrong this Expand. has a lot to offer without a doubt, but those days of grinding out honor points just to obtain the Grand Marshal Weapon.

I was wondering, where are my comrades from the good o' Grand Marshal Group. Are we still around, or moved on to other endeavors (switch servers, got married, stopped playing, ect) in life. I came back to WoW recently and was wondering if we are still here and kicking. I know I have most of them still friended on my list i.e. Teagan, Nuxx, and Raynger, but what about the others like Gaiakidu, is she still around?

Let me hear from my old buddies. And yes... I would like to hear from the Horde too :) I remember the times facing the dreaded Black Omen. We always knew we were going to lose badly when we shall that list of Black Omen in WSG. Would like to see if Wessa (Troll Mage) is still around... would love to see him in the world and maybe try to cap him...He always knew how to surprise me with a Pyroball in the back and then blink for another one. Ahhh the good o' days.

Thelvar
Edited by Thelvar on 12/13/2010 12:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Wessa currently plays on Ravenholdt.
Reply Quote
Aww man. That sucks :( Was hoping to get that one good shot before he turns around and nukes me. Maybe I'll make a Paladin over there and challenge him accordingly, lol.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
you better hurry then cause he gets bored rather quickly.
Reply Quote
LOL.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I only made it to Knight, but I remember you Thelvar! I was in TSR for a while, a lonnng time ago.
Reply Quote
Your goblin looks like rihanna
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Recently came back myself. Horde side now, Grand Marshal Squallangel is somewhere over here too. ;P
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I was there with you guys on a Gnome Rogue named Ghorlok. I now play Horde.
Reply Quote
Oh Lord, I remember Squall...

YO!! DERENAS!! How ya been?

Ghorlok!! You play horde?!?! I just died a little inside... T.T Howya been mate?
Edited by Thelvar on 12/17/2010 2:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well I've been away for 11 months...so no I didn't get the memo. LOL
Reply Quote
75 Human Paladin
99% of those who went through the GM/Warlord ladder were horrible players.
Reply Quote
The day I was to get Knight was the day the old system got replaced - still haunts me to this day.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I remember those days!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Good dude, I can't believe you're still leading TSR. I'm pretty sure I ran into you the other day in the Twilight Highlands. I was about to steal your elementium, haha. It's awesome to see such old names again.

Speaking of old names.. Holy crap, Callaghan too! Hey, remember Akiras?? Are you in Stayn's guild?

Reply Quote
Yo!! Rolibar!!! Long time no see. Man, it's been FOREVER since I've seen you name on the forums. Everything going well? Still running with the cool kids?

Hey Derenas, I'm no longer Guild Leader of TSR, I stepped down last year. I think after running the guild for 4 long years, I think it was time to give another comrade a shot at the hot seat as it were. I remain in the ranks for morale support and all :)

@ Rhoper: 99% eh? And what are we basing this on? Is it because you tried to get on the Grand Marshal Group while it was in its prime and you got rejected or was it because you were Horde and you kept getting stomped on over and over again until submission? I'm just curious of why you would say that 99% of the people who did this 6 month grind were horrible players. I would beg to differ on the fact the Grand Marshal Group or GMG, on which I'm going to be calling it for now on because I don't want to sound elitist by constantly typing out the whole name, was a well organized group that worked together perfectly as a team to obtain the highest honor in the game. We had great leaders among us like Vanishian, Santiago, and myself and we had loads of fun. That's all it was for us....fun. We didn't mind nor cared about the title like Grand Marshal or even the gear that was availible to us, because Rolibar would always display his new gear from AQ20/40 to Naxx (old). We had fun doing it...waking up early PvP'ing and not stopping until we reached our cap for the week... Yes it did sound like a job, but this job not only allow this group of talented players who knew their role and class to reach a level of glory, we became great friends after and respect each other. So to say that 99% of us were horrible players, what does that make you then? A horrible critic??
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I remember cringing as my group ran for the Horde flag in WSG and seeing Dibbler, Holycrippler, and Boro bearing down on us...

Ah, the good old days!

But how about the good new days? Rated BGs are now a whole new reason to pvp! Is anyone or any guild Alliance side putting together some coordinated pvp? I don't have the time to play that I used to, but I'd love to get together with some players dedicated to organized pvp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]