TO: Blizz harder healing =/= OOMing us

85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/13/2010 12:46 AMPosted by Wimbly
ok tried to make macro to use judge and then return to target... i need help if anyone can plzz.

i used
/cast judgement
/targetlasttarget

it casts judge but doesnt return to last target....

i have a similar 1 that works its
/target wimbly
/cast hand of freedom
/targetlasttarget
i want to just cast it then return to target all in 1 button i think maybe i need to like

/target enemy...
but ^ is not a valid macro haha is there one that i can do like that?? or just a diff macro that will accomplish this?

much apriciated

Try
/Targetnearestenemy
/cast Judgement
/Targetlasttarget.

should help in most cases
Edited by Karnaris on 12/13/2010 1:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
ty will do

did it still the same problem it will target something and cast but it wont do the

/targetlasttarget part......
maybe u just can use that command with an offenseive skill?
idk. ty for suggestion though

anyone else know one?
Edited by Wimbly on 12/13/2010 1:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
More spirit, smarter DPS, more CC. Get people to avoid damage and control mobs, and you'll be in a much better place as far as healing goes.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
ok tried to make macro to use judge and then return to target... i need help if anyone can plzz.

i used
/cast judgement
/targetlasttarget

/target wimbly
/cast hand of freedom
/targetlasttarget
i want to just cast it then return to target all in 1 button i think maybe i need to like

/target enemy...
but ^ is not a valid macro haha is there one that i can do like that?? or just a diff macro that will accomplish this?

much apriciated

The easiest thing you could do is focus a mob that won't be cc'd (or the boss) and use.

#showtooltip
/cast [target=focus] Judgment

Also, your default self-cast key is alt. Maintaining a self-cast key (whatever you want it to be, alt works very well) is recommended. The options outside of that require quite a huge shuffle of keybinds.

As another poster said, /targetnearestenemy works.

A final thought is you could use

#showtooltip
/cast [target=targettarget] Judgment

This means you'll judge the target of your target; so if you're targeting the tank you'll jedge his target (the mob he's on) w/o changing targets yourself.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/12/2010 9:03 PMPosted by Persilly
You can switch to tanking...but GL finding a healer.
boy don;t you have anything better to do than troll around and add nothing to any discussions?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/13/2010 1:12 AMPosted by Fridays

i used
/cast judgement
/targetlasttarget

/target wimbly
/cast hand of freedom
/targetlasttarget

/target enemy...

much apriciated

The easiest thing you could do is focus a mob that won't be cc'd (or the boss) and use.

#showtooltip
/cast [target=focus] Judgment

Also, your default self-cast key is alt. Maintaining a self-cast key (whatever you want it to be, alt works very well) is recommended. The options outside of that require quite a huge shuffle of keybinds.

As another poster said, /targetnearestenemy works.

A final thought is you could use

#showtooltip

This means you'll judge the target of your target; so if you're targeting the tank you'll jedge his target (the mob he's on) w/o changing targets yourself.

i like this part #showtooltip

This means you'll judge the target of your target; so if you're targeting the tank you'll jedge his target (the mob he's on) w/o changing targets yourself

will try that. but what does the #showtooltip thing mean? just some weird codes that u do? haha maybe
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The showtooltip makes it so that if you have the macro icon set to the ?, it will show as the spell's normal icon. It also has the proper tooltip shown when you mouse over it.

Edit: Oh, and it will properly have the shadow "clock" cycling around the button to show the CD on the spell you want, if there are multiple spells in the macro.
Edited by Faveokatro on 12/13/2010 1:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/13/2010 1:22 AMPosted by Faveokatro
The showtooltip makes it so that if you have the macro icon set to the ?, it will show as the spell's normal icon. It also has the proper tooltip shown when you mouse over it.

Edit: Oh, and it will properly have the shadow "clock" cycling around the button to show the CD on the spell you want, if there are multiple spells in the macro.

This

It shows the tooltip as if it wasn't in a macro, i.e. accurate cd tracking and info display.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage
I love how self entitled you are in your original post.

Also healing is fine, welcome to post-Wotlk.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Why do you need to do /targetlasttarget as a healer? Are you keeping the tank targeted? If you want to keep an eye on the tank separately from the raid/party, you should either focus them, or get a raidframes mod that allows you to set up a separate/larger tank frame window. This frees you up to target the boss, which means you have access to critical healing-related information like buffs gained by the boss or how close he is to enrages/phase changes. And you just cast your judgment without a macro. An optional macro would be /cast [@target][@focustarget] Judgement (that'll default to your focus's target unless you have an enemy targeted).

Also, your hand of freedom macro should be a mouseover macro so you can cast it on others. /cast [@mouseover][@player] Hand of Freedom should do the trick - it'll default to you unless you're mousing over a friendly. And all your heals should be @mouseover macros unless you're using Clique/Healbot or similar.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
12/13/2010 1:02 AMPosted by Karnaris
Try
/Targetnearestenemy
/cast Judgement
/Targetlasttarget.

Do not use this. Do not under any circumstances use this. It will break CC. It may also pull extra mobs, depending on where you like to stand.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]