*Your* story of being kicked as a Healer

85 Undead Priest
Normal Stonecore.

Group appears, we buff up, I start off by saying

"let's mark CC targets"

You guessed it, barely a second goes by, and the druid bear rushes in to tank the entire first pull.

Within seconds I'm hit by a fear - no problem - Will of the Forsaken out!
BAM! I'm hit by a Shadowfury stun.

Upon recovery, it's a mad dash to AoE heal everyone back up, but it's a wipe. After we finally clear that 1st pull, a few pulls later is a bunch of humanoids.

"we should really use CC here"

You have been removed from the group.
1 Blood Elf Paladin
Heroic Vortex Pinnacle.

2 feral druids.
1 shadowpriest
1 mage.

No one was crowd controlling.
The tank was getting instagibbed repeatedly on trash. The other feral and spriest were in the same guild.
I got votekicked.
85 Troll Shaman
12/12/2010 8:53 PMPosted by Eyv
Normal Stonecore.

"let's mark CC targets"

You guessed it, barely a second goes by, and the druid bear rushes in to tank the entire first pull.

Upon recovery, it's a mad dash to AoE heal everyone back up, but it's a wipe. After we finally clear that 1st pull, a few pulls later is a bunch of humanoids.

Pretty much this.

I suggest using CC, no one wants to, we wipe, I'm kicked from group.
So far, I think people are too terrified to kick me when I rarely have mana problems. Seriously, I'm not even kidding. I've done some really stupid things too, though I normally say something insulting to myself to lighten the mood afterward.

I have been fortunate though: I've had only one gogogo tank, it was just lost city and we wiped once because the tank kept breaking cc immediately (you'd think they'd listen when the healer is the one asking for it). Other than that, my pugs have been slow and easy, with most of the players being good sports.

I've also found that telling people "I can't be expected to heal through things that aren't designed to be healed through" motivates people to not stand in fire and to actually cc when you ask. Sure, some of those things I can heal through, but I'm basically telling them that if they do something stupid and we wipe, they can't blame me. So far I haven't had any complaints.
Edited by Janaire on 12/12/2010 9:09 PM PST
85 Undead Priest
12/12/2010 8:59 PMPosted by Orneryboy
I don't really have a story because I haven't been kicked.. but EVERYONE in the group can mark targets now, not just the tanks. If you suggest CC to a group, mark it for them and tell them who should do what. At least try to take the initiative and see what happens :)

I know you can't really do much as means of CC yourself as a priest, but there are a lot of elementals (and humanoids obviously) in cata dungeons so I take it upon myself to (bind) and (hex) whatever I feel like before a pull. Makes things go easier on me because thats just how things go.. I know it sucks but you can't EXPECT too much now a days. Put on your big girl robes and be assertive, don't mousily suggest things. BE LIKE "TRAP MOON, SAP X" more often than not people will go along with it, just gotta do it.

You have a good point, but before I was able to elaborate, the gogogo tank immediately rushes in to tank everything.

My party macro is forthcoming to specify everything in gory detail, nicely spaced out so it's easy to read, Skull = burn, X = next, moon = sheep, circle = sap, etc etc

I take it that you've done all that you've specified above and then some?
85 Tauren Shaman
I like the dungeons there fun and interesting make u stay more paying attention, but i am with u i use to heal all the time now in Pugs i always wipe because ither, someone love to stand in the fire, or random aeo or tank rush and if u say lets hex, sheep ect he goes like No? U just fail at healing and such, The mana issue is insane for me i have 70,000 and my mana goes down very quickly, if i don't pug am fine healing or i manage but when is random dungeon finder is imposible there always 1 person...who is offensive about ur opinions or about the mana issue :o
85 Troll Druid
I have, thankfully, not been kicked yet I've gotten lucky when it comes to my pugs :3 People tend to vote kick the wrong people and realize it afterwards.
85 Worgen Priest
12/12/2010 8:53 PMPosted by Eyv
Normal Stonecore.

"let's mark CC targets"

My story is almost exactly like this. But I manage to keep the group alive through several wildly scary pulls, the tank dips quite a bit. (why does noone CC in this place...)

The moonkin then decides to switch to healing spec and offheal without telling anyone. So the next boss fight lasts a full 5 minutes. The group then realizes what's going on.

The now resto druid and I get into an argument, the basis of it being his claim that my healing will lead to a wipe, with me disagreeing since we'd already survived the first pulls. It goes on for a minute and I get kicked.

I get into another stonecore 10 minutes later, and this time it's much easier. We still didn't CC, but the tank never came close to dying. So, w/e.
I like to think they wiped repeatedly on the tough trash pulls further in until being ditched by their new druid healer.
Edit: it is annoying that the guy who appears like he's taking the proactive approach to solving a perceived problem gets the benefit of the doubt automatically. Since that usually means its whoever points the first finger.
Edited by Sinter on 12/12/2010 11:06 PM PST
85 Night Elf Druid
Cant tell u what a life savor tranquility is in the current healing environment. But you know what, try to queue with as many ppl as you know as possible! Seriously, I do this and not only is it more fun, but so much less hassle.
85 Blood Elf Priest
Tol'Vir, I told a Ret Pally to pick up Repentance for future runs because it is useful...he messaged me back saying he knew how to play his class... I was kicked 2seconds later.
85 Undead Priest
I haven't been kicked yet... But iv'e left plenty of groups because of stupidity and bad attitudes. I try'ed hinting to a few people about using cc here would be good but it's almost like talking to a brick wall. I find it very interesting what Legolasstabr said about the stupid rogue that he wouldn't even think about eating his food, i think all dps get that mentality as soon as they step foot into a dungeon that they don't have to look after themselves anymore because they have a healer. I could %%@%! and whine all day about some of the retards iv'e seen, but it's probs a good idea i didn't...
85 Night Elf Druid
I've been kicked twice. Both times people were standing in things they shouldn't be and we wiped. Naturally that's my fault.
90 Gnome Priest
The Lost City of Tol'vir Normal
Me: plz leet me some time to drink before every pull.
buff on everyone and quick drink
Dk tank rushes and pull first trash, the death and decay break the polymorph of the mage
I do greater heal over and over again on DK
DK dies, wipe then
DK: Is the healer joking?
Me:??
DK: U had more than half on ur mana and didnt heal me a sh.t.
Me: I did heal u but the big one makes more damage than i can heal, maybe polymorph on him.
Get back in hte instance, rez someone, and suddenly im out of dungeon while drinking.
85 Night Elf Priest
H Lost City

2nd Boss.

Me: "Please do not stand in Clouds and please kill the adds"

The group proceeds to dps the boss and ignore the adds while not moving away from dust clouds.

We Wipe.

Party: "QQ. You bad. GTFO"

You have been removed from group.
85 Undead Priest
12/12/2010 10:54 PMPosted by Legolasstabr
I was healing Tol'Vir and we had this one rogue that kept pulling aggro and taking a ton of damage on each pull.

I couldn't afford to spam big expensive heals on him just because he was playing stupid, so I was allowing him to stay somewhat low and using efficient heals on him when I had the time.

But between pulls he would just sit there at 50% health or whatever, and wouldn't even think about eating food.

The thing is, when combat ends, that's when I start drinking... usually because I have to. I can't afford to sit there and cast 3+ healing touches on the rogue when we're not even in combat anymore, so that I can end up even lower on mana and need to drink even more, all while they are probably running on and pulling the next pull. I could heal him up after I drink i guess, but those Healing Touches are expensive enough I'd almost feel the need to drink again.

So the dude starts getting emo and making quips in chat about me not healing him. By the next pull he is still at like 60% health, pulls aggro again, and my Healing Touch didn't go off in time to save him. He starts putting up a huge fuss in chat and I get kicked...

omg this happens ALL the time. All of the dps dont even bother eating, not even before bosses. Ive had numerous runs where a table was dropped so everyone had cake, but they just stood there beside me, waiting for the tank to pull while they were at 50% health and im there drinking. What the hell can i do about it? i cant just not heal him, cause when the tank pulls, this guy will die shortly. So frustrating
85 Undead Priest
Moo
I entered a H throne of tides earlier and some one said "oh a priest, screw that"

and i was kicked

10 min later i entered a normal GB and again i saw "kick the priest"

and i was kicked.....
90 Gnome Priest
12/12/2010 11:31 PMPosted by Doct
I entered a H throne of tides earlier and some one said "oh a priest, screw that"

and i was kicked

10 min later i entered a normal GB and again i saw "kick the priest"

and i was kicked.....

I do actually think is almost impossible for a priest to do an heroic (i tried myself), i think blizzard own us an appology (to priests).
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]