easiest lvl'ing spec...

80 Dwarf Paladin
ok so im gonna bring my pally out of retirement and make my way to 80... is lvl'ing as Prot just as fast as a DPS would be? anyone got a line on a decent spec... i havent logged in since 4.0
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
www.wowlevelingbuilds.com for all your leveling talent spec needs.

As for spec, you can do either Prot or Ret. Ret kills stuff somewhat faster but with Prot you have a lot more survivability so you can handle multiple mobs or solo an elite.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Prot.
Need to go kill 10 mobs? Go do so in 1-2 pulls.
Want to do a random dungeon? Instant queue.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Prot prot prot... I tried switching back and forth between the two for a while... never noticed Ret killing stuff any faster (the loss of Avenger's Shield at lower levels in particular was REALLY noticeable), only noticed I was a helluva lot squisher. No thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Prot is so easy, beware, you can't pull just one.
Reply Quote
Get dual spec and go prot / ret. Both have thier uses but ret is definetly more gear dependant for surviving. Holy Light 300% boost for ret whenever you a kill an xp mob = almost no downtime due to 30k+ crits.

I just leveled my DK from 77 to 83 (he's a gatherer) post cata so his gear was horrid (mainly BC quest greens and some wrath greens, 17k buffed hp at 80 in blood spec) and it took forever to kill stuff in Vashj'ir in blood spec, but it was doable. In frost spec it was suicide. Now he's got cata greens and just slaughtering in unholy spec (pet is nice for mining). For elites I swap into blood and just own.

Doing a non geared pally will be the same way. You can survive the hard stuff in prot just to get some gear to slaughter fast in ret. Once geared you can solo faster as ret, and handling multiple mobs is rarely a problem.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
i can not tell you how fast i can kill mobs, it was waaaay faster than BC or WOTLK for sure, i think blizzard definitely made the prot spec waaayyy better.

the nice thing too is, i can now hold aggro with cc in dungeons, whereas before, it didnt matter how hard i dps'd, i would have to fight for cc.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]