Plea to Blizzard

85 Human Paladin
I don't know what all the crying is about. From what I've seen, good healers have adjusted and the bad ones have changed specs.

We're less than a week into this expansion. No, you should not be steamrolling all heroics and basically have them on farm status yet. Blizzard you are notorious for caving to the crybabies but this time you should seriously put your foot down for the sake of PvP purposes. If healing was to change in any way you're going to see demi god healers in PvP which is just going to screw up the game for the sake of these wrath kiddies.

Please ignore these endless crying posts, these people will adjust eventually. Thanks.
Edited by Azgahal on 12/12/2010 9:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I run with a holy priest and resto druid. Both of them love the changes and are happy with how difficult things are. People don't come to these boards when they're enjoying things, they only come here when they have something to complain about.
Reply Quote
I just think boss dmg should not force you to use expensive heals. Healing with which spell should be a choice, doesn't feel like a choice in any way at all. It's use big heal or death. To bad I oom in moments trying to keep tanks better gear than I alive.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

You won't mind the loss in subscriptions or bad word of mouth. After all, a quarter of your player base is all you need.

The famous empty threat that never actually happens. Nobody is going to cancel over this, just like nobody ever cancelled over portals being removed from dalaran.

Or the rating requirements going on arena gear.
Or the adds being put on the WoW forums.
Or the adjusts to how easy leveling was made.
Or to how incredibly powerful ranged casters became.
Or to raid lockouts being shared between 10 and 25 mans.

The list goes on and on. This is just the hot topic of the day. Healing being hard right now has a lot to do with horrible DPS taking unnecessary damage. The changes made are solid.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Bravo! Healing is fun again!!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
i have no idea what healing is like in PVP but I've been healing Holy since Vanilla and the way Blizz has screwed things is wrong.. they say they want priest's to use heal as opposed to Greater or Flash yet they haven't changed the actual heal at all.. heal still only heals for around 6k and that is squat on a tank with 100+ hp that takes a 30% hit in damage.. so forcing us to use the larger heals only to have us go OOM near every pull... something needs to be looked at with this
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
I wouldn't say horrible, as so much as mismatched or less than needed. Tanks and players in general gained "X" percentage of health, but the ratio of mana cost to point healed to overall mana pool doesn't match up as well. Gaining 30% healing on a spell, at 5 times the mana cost, with only 60% mana gain, to heal players who gained 2-3 times the health pool, not so good. I don't think it needs a major revamp, as so much tweaking.

Use of CC helps alot. And avoiding avoidable damage. I won's say that there aren't a few fights that need tweeking, some do.

As for the empty threat part you made above... Unfortunately, it isn't so empty. Follow the Quarterly financials. Major game trends that impact the game enviroment negatively HAVE had HUGH impacts on fiscal data with Blizzard in the past. While far from loosing money overall, trends have cost hundreds of thousands in revenue for Blizzard. It affects things conglomerately. We as individual players just dont see the cumalitive effects. A good example of a "fix" was making it easier for newer players to be able to catch up with their friends. So folks just dont like solo play in an MMO :P

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
almost 84... yet to have an issue.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I love getting yelled at by heroic groups for not aoe healing enough as druid, even though they have wild growth on as much as possible for that specific pull/boss.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I don't understand these posts. Yes, healing is difficult, but alot of people enjoy that, myself included. The part that alot of people are complaining about is how f'ing boring healing is now spamming your efficient heal over, and over, and over, and over. Spamming nourish in a spec that is *supposed* to be hot-based is not fun to play, irregardless of the difficulty level.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I get what Blizzard is trying to do with the healing (Making it more about having everyone do the right thing), but for the most part, they(blizzard) are still in Wrath mode. When running an instance where the tank takes say around 35k every 3-4 seconds (This is just from the unavoidable attacks, not the tank missing something), and with all of my hots up, spamming my largest heal, I can only heal about 29k in 3 seconds, there is no way to keep the tank alive more than about 90 sec before I'm oom and it's a wipe. The kind of fights they are saying they want us to heal are the ones like Ozruk and HPA in Stonecore. If you do the fight right, the tank and the rest of the group takes little damage, but if you do it wrong, there's no way you can heal through it. But these fights are few and far between.

So basicly, health pools increased, and damage scaled with it....but healing did not. And some encounters adhere to the new healing philosophy, while most were left on wrath mode.

P.S. Has anyone else noticed that their heals are hitting for less at 85 than at 80, or is it just me?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]