Just move on.

85 Night Elf Druid
Okay, I am done bashing blizzard for their lack of foresight regarding healers.

It is done.

It is time for us as a community to move on. Some of us will cancel our accounts (and come back in a few months after they get all the bugs worked out - maybe), and other will rediscover alts or alternate specs that can be loved and grown.

There are those that love the new healing direction, and GC has everyone convinced that this is the right path for WoW. Whether you agree or disagree is really moot.

So I humbly offer you this thread to say your final piece, get it off your chest and move on. Please only post here if you are done with your complaining (I know there are a lot that haven't made it to "acceptance" yet), and trolls, show some class and dignity. Let these folks get it off, and let's get busy busting some heads.

If you folks do decide to be tanks or dps, you know you won't be the idiots in the fire! :-)

Peace to you all.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Don't claim a community voice without warranting one.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I for one have not healed full time in a long long time, early to mid BC perhaps. I for one love the way it plays now.

Ultimately, difficulty makes you a better player. This is somewhat difficult, a challenge that I will rise to no matter how long it takes.

I don't hold it against anyone that does not like this. It is clearly different. I admire those who are willing to give up something they have previously enjoyed because they no longer do - don't gut through this if it doesn't appeal to you! I was a Paladin for most of my career and I switched to a Warrior because I discovered that I loved rage. I no longer love rage, and so I am back here. Play the game to enjoy it, don't make it work.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
People need to stop crying about the new healing system.
It's actually great when you have a good group.
You DO NOT OOM so long as dps and tank know how to CC etc.
And yes YOU CANNOT do heroic's straight away, you must grind for your rep to get better gear so that you may heal heroics.
WORK for your gear and stop trying to faceroll everything it's not going to get you anywhere.
I think you QQer's were too spoilt in WOTLK.
All these QQ threads are a joke and make up only 10% of player's so Blizzard will not care.
Reply Quote
The forum suffers from not being a representative sample of WoW players. We're the greasy wheels. A majority are just handling it and moving on, as you suggest, to whatever they're going to prefer to do.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Healing is a problem? Healing has been very enjoyable in the heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah the new healing system is all good once you get the hang of it. I admit I QQed at first but once I got some normal dungeon gear, gemmed up, enchanted and reforged all that useless haste into spirit, as well as getting a solid rotation down and experienced the boss fights, healing has become less stressful; I've at the moment finished four heroics with pugs with only 2-3 wipes per heroic (and these wipes are usually because someone hasn't done the boss fight before or failed CC, e.g. shooting a frost trap on a polymorphed mob >.<).
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Tauren Paladin
12/13/2010 12:18 AMPosted by Stormspellz
Healing is a problem? Healing has been very enjoyable in the heroics.

Hi Storm (Lol Thug'Thol)! Glad you're finally Goblin instead of Troll!
I share the same sentiment but evidentally what separates us from those who aren't enjoying it must be something like...What was it that the other poster said? Some 12 hours in beta mouth breathing testing these heroics out.

Guess we're the only ones :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/13/2010 12:26 AMPosted by Soluth
shooting a frost trap on a polymorphed mob >.<).

Lol I was in a random heroic where the hunter flat out missed his trap (he shot it 10 yards away) and beat himself up for it. Hey, at least he tried.

Healing's been fun. Maybe I don't get to feel like I could stomp anything like LK, but overall the teamwork makes it a lot more enjoyable.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello Fellow Healers & players :)

Let me start off by saying I'm also upset by the extreme measures that blizzard took to make the game more challenging, exclusively on behave of healers healing spells not scaling with the 150k health pool of everyone in the party. I too played in BC the expansion pack and I too remember that it was a team effort to clear 5 man and 10 man instance; meaning people had to CC and healers had to do other stuff other then throw some healing spells around. Also, I agree that WoTLK was one of the easier expansions for healers, but to a point.

WoTLK raiders had the option to play a raid on normal or heroic mode, both very different, but yes healers mainly just healed but still heroic raids were still hard. Yes I agree that the game needed difficulty added to it, but not on behave of the healers alone. No other class is having a harder time to adjust to the changes than the healers.

Are tanks really complaining with the amount of health they are getting, I do not think so, same goes with DPS. DPS classes DPS didn't really go through the roof, but how is the game harder for both tanks and DPS, it isn't. Healers are the only class having to readjust, relearn, and are getting negative responses for not keeping up four 150k health pool toons taking damage from aoes and other things.

Closing this reply out, blizzard should fix either the damage done to use in instance, or allow more cc to work on more enemies, or allow tanks to mitigate damage better, or reduce the pull amount, and or increase our healing some; I say this because a healer should be able to heal a tank to full, and from what I have seen and tried it takes a healer an entire duration of a fight to top a tank off that was only hit for 10 seconds. Also, I shouldn't be reading that many groups in 5 man heroics running 2 healers instead of 1, how bad is that.

HEALING IS CRAZILY MISSED CALCULATED AND NEEDS TO BE FIXED. "WOW I have 120k life but I still heal like I was level 75..."

O, I love the new game. I like the new instance and the way they look. I don't want to fail at not giving credit where credit is due, and the game is fantastic, other than the healing is an issue that needs to be worked out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]