I love how everyone says "..then don't heal"

85 Tauren Druid
Every thread about how absurdly hard healing currently is always gets 5-10 posts that say to change specs. Well guess what, healers are taking that advice and DPS que's are on average 95 minutes. a friend in guild who tanks had to wait 10 minutes. The healers are quite quickly going away. Good luck finding a raid healer for your raid's too lol

Be carefull what you wish for because you just might get it.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Sounds good to me.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Sweet I love my insta Q's
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
All the more reason to queue as heals. Suck it up, and learn how to adapt to the new changes, or suffer and wait 95 mins to play as a boring dps.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
I'm just amazed at those who are happy over insta-queues and being in demand again.

Fending off fifty whispers and blind group/raid invites a night in Vanilla was not fun.

Or letting down guildmates because you had already run two instances that were an hour plus runs and didn't wish to do anymore for the day.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
12/12/2010 10:30 PMPosted by Aurorae
I'm just amazed at those who are happy over insta-queues and being in demand again.

Fending off fifty whispers and blind group/raid invites a night in Vanilla was not fun.

Or letting down guildmates because you had already run two instances that were an hour plus runs and didn't wish to do anymore for the day.

Your guildmates should roll a healer alt. Doing multiple roles makes you a better player.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
12/12/2010 10:32 PMPosted by Sinter
12/12/2010 10:30 PMPosted by Aurorae

Your guildmates should roll a healer alt. Doing multiple roles makes you a better player.

If only that were true.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/12/2010 10:37 PMPosted by Aurorae
12/12/2010 10:32 PMPosted by Sinter
[quote="14059997644"]I'm just amazed at those who are happy over insta-queues and being in demand again.

If only that were true. [/quote]
It acctually does. Even if they end up sucking at it they see it from a new perspective and thus find a way to better the main spec with this new insight. Going from A healer to a tank in ICC I learned alot about how much tougher tanking was then healing and how to better heal a tank through stuff.
Edited by Orcabull on 12/12/2010 10:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
12/12/2010 10:29 PMPosted by Toreñce

Coming From Blizzards BaBy The Pally.

Beleive me if pallys were having a hard time healing they would of buffed them by now.

But Pallys Are Top Heals Every Time So GG Healing Is Fun For Them.

I was doing a heroic today as shadow because every time I que healer they boot me saying Priest Heals suck to bad and either leave or boot. But thats besides the point This pally healer with worse gear than mine kept the whole raid all 5 of us at full health at all time and never used past 75% of his mana, Meanwhile i can barely make it threw trash.

I know blues have to be reading these post so i just wish they would say something instead of ignoring us all.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
More loot for me! On the serious tip. As a healer, if you politely remind people what to be mindful of, your run is much easier. One thing ppl tend to forget is that as a healer (or tank) you get to see the instance many more times than a dps does. So you know exactly what to do and may take for granted that others dont.

- Remind them not to stand in the fire, slime, cyclones, whatever it is that they need to watch out for.

- Remind the tank that he needs to watch your mana.

While I find it amazing that dps cant avoid the fire or the tank cant watch your mana when you have to do all of that plus not stand in the fire, it doesnt mean that you cant pleasantly remind others what you need to succeed.

I have also noticed that I have gotten much much more efficient. I try to push my efficiency to the limit and as I learn the instances, I know how the mobs behave. Yes., I'm only 83, but my experience has been fun and challenging thus far.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
12/12/2010 10:47 PMPosted by Tachinaori
12/12/2010 10:29 PMPosted by Toreñce

Coming From Blizzards BaBy The Pally.

Beleive me if pallys were having a hard time healing they would of buffed them by now.

But Pallys Are Top Heals Every Time So GG Healing Is Fun For Them.

I was doing a heroic today as shadow because every time I que healer they boot me saying Priest Heals suck to bad and either leave or boot. But thats besides the point This pally healer with worse gear than mine kept the whole raid all 5 of us at full health at all time and never used past 75% of his mana, Meanwhile i can barely make it threw trash.

I know blues have to be reading these post so i just wish they would say something instead of ignoring us all.

I love my instant queues to.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/12/2010 10:26 PMPosted by Orcabull
Every thread about how absurdly hard healing currently is always gets 5-10 posts that say to change specs. Well guess what, healers are taking that advice and DPS que's are on average 95 minutes. a friend in guild who tanks had to wait 10 minutes. The healers are quite quickly going away. Good luck finding a raid healer for your raid's too lol

Be carefull what you wish for because you just might get it.

This isn't entirely true.

People are leveling/have recently leveled and thus are using specs that are more conducive to the leveling process. People are gearing up and getting used to dps'ing (for now).

After all tank que's are still instant and prot specs are ones that are actually good for grinding. The fact that healers are still more common than tanks even during the new expac interim speaks to the amount of people holding onto their healy specs.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
If someone is a priest and could heal through any heroic, plz tell me so, so i dont think its impossible. And if it is in youtube it will be really helpfull. Because my mana just cant withstand a boss no matter what thrick or advice i try. IS IT JUST IMPOSSIBLE TO HEAL ANYMORE?
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
12/12/2010 10:41 PMPosted by Orcabull
12/12/2010 10:37 PMPosted by Aurorae
[quote="14063595944"][quote="14059997644"]I'm just amazed at those who are happy over insta-queues and being in demand again.

If only that were true. [/quote]
It acctually does. Even if they end up sucking at it they see it from a new perspective and thus find a way to better the main spec with this new insight. Going from A healer to a tank in ICC I learned alot about how much tougher tanking was then healing and how to better heal a tank through stuff.[/quote]

I primarily play with casuals.

Good people, wonderful friends.

Not so good at WoW.

It's not the end of days, but I will miss the days of tranquility in deciding what I wished to do and when. And I'll especially miss avoiding the drama over who gets to go on a particular run and who does not.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/12/2010 10:52 PMPosted by Fridays

This isn't entirely true.

People are leveling/have recently leveled and thus are using specs that are more conducive to the leveling process. People are gearing up and getting used to dps'ing (for now).

After all tank que's are still instant and prot specs are ones that are actually good for grinding. The fact that healers are still more common than tanks even during the new expac interim speaks to the amount of people holding onto their healy specs.

Mayb during the leveling process but definatly not during the heroics gearing one. In my battlegroup, tanks are waiting. Its usally not long but they no longer press the que button and get ported into the dungeon.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/12/2010 11:00 PMPosted by Orcabull
Mayb during the leveling process but definatly not during the heroics gearing one. In my battlegroup, tanks are waiting. Its usally not long but they no longer press the que button and get ported into the dungeon.

Right, people have the gear around the role that they leveled as.

It's only been 6 days.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]