Elitists say it's fine because...

1 Draenei Hunter
they sit there all day 12+hours a day working it in beta and come here and gloat about how they have no problem, so it must be US-LAWL-BADDIE players, yet they too struggle and *!#!* amongst themselves. Somehow, it gives them some validation for accomplishing in guild heroic 5 mans where pugs fail. Bravo elitists, bravo.

Meanwhile, I'll take my 15 bucks and go spend it somewhere else. I don't have time for this crap.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Actually there have been healers from top-10 (US) guilds posting in these forums saying it's broken. The ones that say it isn't broken are usually the ones that have no raid experience at all. (or hit ICC two weeks before cata came out)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Most of the time they're saying that you now require teamwork out of an MMO... who'd have thought it!

@ Mad, they are talking about their classes in comparison to other classes.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/12/2010 11:39 PMPosted by Madhëal
Actually there have been healers from top-10 (US) guilds posting in these forums saying it's broken. The ones that say it isn't broken are usually the ones that have no raid experience at all. (or hit ICC two weeks before cata came out)

agree.

it's not a matter of difficulty.

i can see how it would be difficult for people new to the game or people who are healing for the first time, but for anyone who has played a healing class over all the years of this game, it's just slow, limited, and stupid.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

This is false. There may have been a few hardcore healers who said they don't like the healing model, but generally the better raiders have enjoyed the system. It's nicer to spin it your way I guess, even if it's fiction.

I really am not seeing the problems here. One of our ele/resto shams jumped in to heal a heroic SFK when no other healers were available (mostly because 2 of us were trying to level archaeology) and had a blast. He was originally going to ele, but I think he's wavering now. We're by no means a hardcore guild, but a modest 12/12 HC 10s and 11/12 HC 25s in ICC.

People who are complaining about constant ooming and such... I don't know. Resto druids definitely are gear dependent to a high degree, but I don't get the feeling other healers are quite as much.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

disagree 100%.

I raided 10 mans all throughout WoTLK...with some limited 25 man experience (which does include hardmode ICC at the 10 and 25 man level) and I'm more than satisfied with the healing model as it stands.

It is not broken. people spend far too much time focusing on the healers when it's the other 4 members of a dungeon that need to look at their own actions first. A well-functioning group goes smoothly with little to no downtime, even on bosses, and the healer has no issues at all.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Og
I never played beta and I don't have any problem healing at all.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
12/12/2010 11:54 PMPosted by Rosenstolz
I never played beta and I don't have any problem healing at all.

^This.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I have no issues healing. I rarely got to play beta (was working a 6 day, 12 hour shift at this time) and when I did I only did a few instances with a premade. We raided tonight and I had no issues with mana (I used one mana pot the entire night..) and I had no issues with throughput as Disc... Healing is actually FUN because I'm doing more than spamming BUBBLE the ENTIRE time..

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5pn2wy59kfctnap5/sum/healingDone/?s=3809&e=4220

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/mgd1aonb9qfbxg3g/sum/healingDone/?s=7859&e=8368

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/oo0l7l26u2jx5zbd/sum/healingDone/?s=6002&e=6473

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
12/12/2010 11:38 PMPosted by Ildesa
they sit there all day 12+hours a day working it in beta and come here and gloat about how they have no problem, so it must be US-LAWL-BADDIE players, yet they too struggle and *!#!* amongst themselves. Somehow, it gives them some validation for accomplishing in guild heroic 5 mans where pugs fail. Bravo elitists, bravo.

Meanwhile, I'll take my 15 bucks and go spend it somewhere else. I don't have time for this crap.

I got Beta so late I rarely played on it.

I wouldn't consider myself elitist, but I do consider myself a good healer. My question to you is what are these other 'better' healers doing that you're not. Have you thought asking us why are we having a better experience in Heroics than you are? Taken any tips?

Not every PUG is going to work. Just today I got frustrated at a Heroic Stonecore because people died to silly stuff. I left, and the very next run I was in Heroic Deadmines with people who never did it on heroic, yet we cleared it.

I'd like to see a post/proof of these top 10M Raiders who say healing is broken. Being a 10M Raider myself I can't imagine it being that mind bending with the healing model as it is now. Challenging, absolutely. Broken, I doubt it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Its understandable at least...being use to healing at a fast pace and everything and knowing your mana pool was what most of the healers i've talked to enjoyed. I raided the "voa" of cata today in tol barad whatever its called and i was able to do a good job but i did find myself ooming and it was preety tough i mean ive had the game for a week and im still in blues but ive healed ALOT so im used to never going oom because i know how to play.

I think blizz had a good idea trying to make healing a little bit more difficult but they went too far. I dont like the fact that i cannot carry pugs anymore, thats what i liked about being a healer. Based on how good you were, you could soley determine the outcome of the pull or could compensate if a dumb dps messed up (which they always do...all the time).
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Healthpools in cata have been increased dramatically. By the time you hit 5 man heroics your tank will be approaching 120k health and your non-tank's health will be creeping up on 90k. At the same time your largest 2.5 second heal will be striking (non-crit) for just above 20k. By the time you reach heroic raiding your tank will have a whopping 150 to 180k health with your largest heal only rising to 25k. In cata, healing someone to full takes time and effort, even if they are a dps. Choose who you heal and how you do it wisely. If a dps is injured it is not necessarily a good idea to heal him. A majority of dps specs have self healing capability, often with a negligible dps trade off. Only save those you believe are in immediate danger of death. In fact there is a 5 man boss and a raid boss in cata where your entire party will spend most of the fight at less than 25% health.
Reply Quote
12/13/2010 12:37 AMPosted by Skarey
Healthpools in cata have been increased dramatically. By the time you hit 5 man heroics your tank will be approaching 120k health and your non-tank's health will be creeping up on 90k. At the same time your largest 2.5 second heal will be striking (non-crit) for just above 20k. By the time you reach heroic raiding your tank will have a whopping 150 to 180k health with your largest heal only rising to 25k. In cata, healing someone to full takes time and effort, even if they are a dps. Choose who you heal and how you do it wisely. If a dps is injured it is not necessarily a good idea to heal him. A majority of dps specs have self healing capability, often with a negligible dps trade off. Only save those you believe are in immediate danger of death. In fact there is a 5 man boss and a raid boss in cata where your entire party will spend most of the fight at less than 25% health.

probably one of the most constructive posts on the healing forum!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
So far I am really enjoying it. If i had to spam rejuv anymore i was not going to be able to handle it. Now one person cant just carry a group anymore. That isnt to say that every role doesnt have its moments to shine. For example, as a healer you can have some epic saves but instances are about everyone again. Everyone has to know their role and do it right. As for mana i can run a heroic with a group with minimal cc and very little knowledge of boss mechanics and it will be a struggle with several deaths and me being totally oom almost the whole time. OR i can run with cc and people who can learn and execute boss mechanics having vry little mana issues and minimal deaths.

I dunno about yall but i missed getting to learn new heroics . I think the majority of the heroic boss mechanics i have had a chance to experience are fairly unforgiving however also very rewarding and fun. Once you get it you feel pretty epic. Anyways its pretty badass to kill a new boss you are just learning with most of the group around 25%-50%, your mana pretty much totally gone while you have been barely refreshing LB stacks on the tank to keep him up for the last couple % of the boss' hp. :) Obviously thats not how its meant to be done every time but those fights sure are awesome. Ty Bliz
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman

Saying priests are broken and healing is broken is two very different things.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/12/2010 11:45 PMPosted by Faveokatro

This is false. There may have been a few hardcore healers who said they don't like the healing model, but generally the better raiders have enjoyed the system. It's nicer to spin it your way I guess, even if it's fiction.

I really am not seeing the problems here. One of our ele/resto shams jumped in to heal a heroic SFK when no other healers were available (mostly because 2 of us were trying to level archaeology) and had a blast. He was originally going to ele, but I think he's wavering now. We're by no means a hardcore guild, but a modest 12/12 HC 10s and 11/12 HC 25s in ICC.

People who are complaining about constant ooming and such... I don't know. Resto druids definitely are gear dependent to a high degree, but I don't get the feeling other healers are quite as much.

Generally I would agree that fun is in the power of perception, however I find it hard to define fun in being a masochist.

When blizzard talked about the model, I thought of it like the BC healing model; where spamming healing isn't an option, but managing mana. A good healer would keep people alive, a great healer could predict damage and coordinate his mana appropriately. The Cata healing model just doesn't depict skill, it shows desperation. Instead of managing mana, you are having to use up a small resource and pray that you last the fight. Mana isn't the problem, it is spamming heals. The only way healers seem to be completing these fights is no where near prediction but just spamming. Any sort of variation from the "norm" and the healer has to spam bigger more costly heals.

In the end, as a dps, I don't like where healing has gone from support to a liability. I know some people are having fun with it, but I do not like the thought of wiping just so "some" can feel like a special snowflake. I love a challenge, but beating your head against a brick wall until rainbows pop out, is not my definition of fun. I am a little disturbed that it is for a select few.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

12/12/2010 11:38 PMPosted by Ildesa

This isn't true. I didn't get to play beta, in fact I'm not a fan of beta because it feels pointless to me.

I did do every dungeon at least once on normal before I hit 85, and I read as much on Druid healing as I had time to, enough to see that I would have to be much more mana efficient. I work full time so I only hit 85 Sunday morning before I went to sleep.

My first heroic was a pug deadmines and it was very tricky but we did it, I also only came in for the boat bosses, so maybe the first half was harder.

I certainly don't find it a cakewalk, it's something that is very tricky when you are barely geared. I have certainly wiped a few times but getting experience on the boss helps a lot, and I don't mean on beta, even just doing the regulars while leveling or getting to wipe once without a group kicking you because you didn't know what type of healing to expect for a fight.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Maybe it's because we're not bashing our heads against a brick wall? Last H Grim Batol, we had to stop and drink once (3 guild dps, 1 pug tank). Requeued, H SFK. 1 pause for a drink the entire time. Now mind you, I did drop down to drink between pulls but I'd always run up ahead as the last pack was dying so I'd be in position to start healing regardless. The tank actually waited more than necessary (probably because he was used to getting yelled at for pulling too fast).

If I had to run a pug random every time yeah, I'd have to be a masochist to enjoy that. But interspersing it with great guild runs? Not so bad. Other than my first few, I only really run the pugs to see just how bad the complaints are here anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Maybe it's because we're not bashing our heads against a brick wall? Last H Grim Batol, we had to stop and drink once (3 guild dps, 1 pug tank). Requeued, H SFK. 1 pause for a drink the entire time. Now mind you, I did drop down to drink between pulls but I'd always run up ahead as the last pack was dying so I'd be in position to start healing regardless. The tank actually waited more than necessary (probably because he was used to getting yelled at for pulling too fast).

If I had to run a pug random every time yeah, I'd have to be a masochist to enjoy that. But interspersing it with great guild runs? Not so bad. Other than my first few, I only really run the pugs to see just how bad the complaints are here anyway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]