Elitists say it's fine because...

85 Goblin Priest
12/12/2010 11:45 PMPosted by Faveokatro
I really am not seeing the problems here.

Roll a priest

Edit: why are pallys and druids the bulk of the people who see no problem?
Edited by Bubbletape on 12/13/2010 2:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
The "elitist" issue are the people that rushed to 85 then told everyone else to either a) "stfu and lvl 2 85, nub" or b) "stfu u play [insert class]" and have only succeeded in making the issue worse than having posts of actual merit. Not the people that are actually enjoying healing.

12/12/2010 11:38 PMPosted by Ildesa
Meanwhile, I'll take my 15 bucks and go spend it somewhere else. I don't have time for this crap.

And no you wont because you're just trolling.

edit:

12/13/2010 2:17 AMPosted by Bubbletape
[quote="14060498105"]I really am not seeing the problems here.

Roll a priest

Edit: why are pallys and druids the bulk of the people who see no problem?[/quote]

I've seen as many if not more Druids complain than Priests. Personally, I haven't had much trouble. A friend of mine on her disc Priest was having a hell of a time with instances. So we sat down and looked at what was wrong. Now she's healing heroics and a lot more confident in her ability to heal. I'll have to get back to you on Druids. I haven't leveled mine up, but it will be interesting as I've been healing on him since vanilla.
Edited by Holycow on 12/13/2010 2:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
RTG
I can't speak for other healing classes, as I haven't leveled my sham/pally yet, but I've found healing a ton of fun lately. That being said, the heroics I've done were with guild groups. The few I have done with partial pugs have been nightmares. I think it's very easy for baddy tanks to blame the healer for wipes, but if the tank can't pick up adds in a fight, or if dps miss interrupts for certain mobs, people can and will get one-shot, or take enough damage that I can't afford to heal them and the tank. I even had a priest today who stood in giant purple AOEs the whole fight because he had certain graphical effects turned off. I think if a druid is properly spec'd and has at least some gear from the regs, healing should not be a problem, as long as the rest of the group doesn't f up boss strats or pulls. A lot of people who are just hitting 85, and were used to getting carried in Wrath pugs probably don't realize that cc's have to be used on many trash pulls, and that the whole group should really know the strategy for each boss before pulling.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Roll a priest

That's funny, because I've seen nothing but a tidal wave of QQ from most druids. So, I'm going to call this statement BS.

Also, our main Disc is going through finals and our main Holy is a really slow leveler so he's not 85 (he's also more casual), but the Disc has run quite a few heroics already. He hasn't said anything to indicate he feels his class is an impediment, and he's cleared all the hardest heroics.

Considering, though, that I've never found priest healing nearly as hard or weak as the constant WotLK QQ would have seemed to indicate, I'm not convinced that this is a problem now either. Unfortunately, since Vial of the Sands is a 525 Archaeology drop I've had to shelve all my alts for the time being.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2010 11:45 PMPosted by Faveokatro
I really am not seeing the problems here.

Roll a priest

*waves* Hi! Priest here. And I'm not having problems with healing mechanics. I love the healing change actually. It's tough, it's challenging. It's not about spamming bubble anymore. I'm back to thinking before I heal and actually playing triage, as opposed to just saying I am. It's awesome. :)

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]