I've stopped Healing for now...

90 Tauren Druid
12/13/2010 5:52 AMPosted by Zécca
No....nothing is wrong, what if your level 80 druid can outheal you at 85???? and ...what does that mean? its not like your the only person getting the revamp...everyone is!!! everyone is the same!!!! healers are diffrent. How does something seem wrong...there isnt a rule saying each expansion that peoples heals will go up. They changed healing and changed the whole game around with it, its doable and doesnt take asmuch mashing and spamming of heals!i highly recomend you look up how to heal a druid and try it... just re-read my posts, iv posted alot of useful information to the resto druids out there!!!

Uh... no. Everything has gone up in this expansion EXCEPT heals. We heal same as 80 against larger HP pools and larger damage. And our mana usage has tripled.
Edited by Magicudders on 12/13/2010 5:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
12/13/2010 5:52 AMPosted by Zécca
No....nothing is wrong, what if your level 80 druid can outheal you at 85???? and ...what does that mean? its not like your the only person getting the revamp...everyone is!!! everyone is the same!!!! healers are diffrent. How does something seem wrong...there isnt a rule saying each expansion that peoples heals will go up. They changed healing and changed the whole game around with it, its doable and doesnt take asmuch mashing and spamming of heals!i highly recomend you look up how to heal a druid and try it... just re-read my posts, iv posted alot of useful information to the resto druids out there!!!

What's the point in leveling to 85 then?

I actually made myself WEAKER as I leveled up.

I'd probably heal Cataclysm dungeons fine using my level 80 resto druid since he's probably stronger than my level 85 version.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
lol...no he wouldnt be stronger than you lvl 85 druid because he got nerfed to? its not like only lvl 85 got nerfed...it just seems better at lvl 80 because the gear for the lvl 80 slot is much better...
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
12/13/2010 6:04 AMPosted by Maladomina
I'm not healing, in fact, I think this is prime time to take up two shadow specs.

Word...

=P
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
It really is funny how much Zecca there is missing the point. And continues to try and force her view without trying to understand the views of others.

Yes they get that healing as a resto druid is still plausible, but plausible doesn't equal fun. The playstyle has changed completely from what it was over the past 4 years. It doesn't offer the things that drew people to resto druid in the first place...Having mana issues is one thing, being reduced to a tank healer is another.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
12/13/2010 6:06 AMPosted by Lelouche
Yes they get that healing as a resto druid is still plausible, but plausible doesn't equal fun. The playstyle has changed completely from what it was over the past 4 years. It doesn't offer the things that drew people to resto druid in the first place...Having mana issues is one thing, being reduced to a tank healer is another.

Being reduced to a pseudo-Holy Pally...

*shudders*
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
Greens shouldn't be sub-par gear for NORMAL difficulty Cataclysm dungeons.

I found the healing experience not very fun at all.

In fact, they changed the resto druid's healing style completely. I can't even fully HoT up a tank like I used to. No more Regrowths and Rejuvenations. This new style's pace is very slow and boring for me. I don't want to be a pseudo-Holy Pally.

*shrug*
Edited by Frosthourne on 12/13/2010 6:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I can't help but feel that blizz is steering us toward a single button setup. Press this button to heal, repeat as necessary. There is no variety at this point. Sure i have other healing spells, but if i actually use them, people will die.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Beeing reduced to a holy pally? lol....we where more like a holy pally before cata..spaming regrowth/nourish etc..we rely much more on HoTs now.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
People were healing Heroics within 24 hours of hitting lvl 85. Yet, some of you can't heal reg instances? And you guys still think it's Blizzards fault?
/SIGH

Are you comparing me to people with no lives and live in WoW? Sorry, I can't compare to their epic L33TN3SS. Also, are any of them playing a resto druid? Or, are most of them Holy Pallys?

I can and did heal a regular instance just fine. But, I really didn't enjoy it at all. I wanted to point out the reasons why I didn't enjoy it:
1. running out of mana on almost every pull
2. being forced to drink between each pull just to be on the safe side
3. resto druid's super-active HoT healing style has been taken away; now, the pace is a lot slower and it's basically like being a pseudo-holy pally; if i had wanted to heal using the holy pally's slower paced (and more boring for me) healing style, I would have rolled one

With your logic, if Paragon can clear Cataclysm raids, Blizzard shouldn't adjust anything ever, because clearly SOMEONE can do it. If Paragon can do it, so you can you! Am I right?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I've stopped playing my druid, for the most part. I fully understand the new ways of healing. But seriously, I have a disc priest for that, and she can do it more effectively with some nice tricks and utility to boot. However, tanking on my druid has become more fun. I don't even mind kitty dps and I find dps boring. It's all better than being a resto druid. Rolling LB and Nourish, a couple of HT when need be and some SMs just isn't very druid like to me. I don't mind the difficulty, but as another person said here, losing the mobility over having to constantly stand around and cast stuff isn't what I signed up for.

Not having the issues with my disc priest so far, but she's only 83. Went into Stonecore at 82 and did a better job healing than my druid at 83. Poor cow's gonna get all dusty.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Zecca, I also have a Druid (boom/resto), so I'm definitely interested in what you're saying as well, but I have to admit something - I stopped reading your posts. They are way too hard to read! '...' does not break up sentences well, it makes it a messy, uncomfortable, month-long sentence.

So far, I'm avoiding going oom, but I haven't gone into heroics yet - and I still want to replace a couple pieces when I get home before I do just that tonight. My priest and my druid are not 85, so I can't comment on them at all. I'm still not healing the way others seem to be, I think Holy Light is awful, and I really like Divine Light. Holy Radiance has such a short CD that I love it compared to the more focused cone that is Light of Dawn.

amidoinitright? I don't think I am. I think I'm doing ok for the time being, but I really believe that I'll be making tons of changes to how I heal as we progress through encounters. Maybe druids will be the same, maybe not, I don't really know right now. I do know that if something is broken, Blizzard will (eventually) make it less broken (or maybe even fix it!).
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I have considered myself a good player. I healed in BC and Wrath. What I find completely ironic is the fact that Blizz said they wanted us to use ALL of our heals to be effective. Spamming one heal because it's the only thing we have that doesn't take a ton of mana is not using all of our heals.

They wanted us to stop chain healing all the time, now chain heal is pretty much worthless. We moved up five levels but the amount healed is still the same as in Wrath, but our tanks and dps have TONS more health. Having to spam our OH CRAP button more than twice practically makes us go oom.

This is not effective. I miss healing and enjoying it. I love a challenge, but this is beyond a challenge. It's ridiculous.

Didn't Blizz also say that if done properly that the group should not be taking much damage. Has anyone else noticed that half of these bosses do a TON of raid damage all while the tank is getting their butt pummeled and we are having to use our big heals on the tank and then try and heal the raid ineffectively.

I get the triage thing, I do but I just feel like we don't even have the proper tools to work with the content that has been given to us.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
I miss being able to actually... you know... heal?

=]
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Its unfortunate, but I am extremely sympathetic for the druid healers. Not only do they have to deal with a new healing model, but their style of healing has been completely changed as well. This is a pretty valid complaint in my opinion, but there isnt much you can do besides ask blizz to maybe change what heals are considered the efficient ones (Combination of rejuv and nourish being mana efficient?) to just changing what class you play.

Im no expert on resto druids at 85, Im sure others could make better suggestions than I.

Note, Im not talking about your healing numbers or if you run OOM all the time or what have you, just regarding the resto druid hot healing style that has been completely changed. That sucks.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/13/2010 3:52 AMPosted by Frosthourne
So, what should I spam when the tank is about to die?

If youre having to do this constantly, then:

CC isn't being used.
Cast interrupts aren't being used.
You're wasting mana on other people taking damage they shouldn't.
A list of other things that aren't your fault but should be addressed, especially if they go "wtf heals?"
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
12/13/2010 2:23 AMPosted by Ermic
OMG you mean the cost of spells at 85 is more than they were at 80? and that your lvl 80 gear wasnt designed to have a big enough mana pool or mana regen for level 85 heals? That is very shocking indeed!

Gotta love sarcasm =D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]