Shammys shouldnt post about the QQ

85 Troll Shaman
12/13/2010 8:11 AMPosted by Primacy
Tonight my group with a shadowpriest swapped midrun out of boredom (heroics are easy bro), and I went elemental and he went disc. We didn't do a second run that way. Maybe shamans are better off than priests after all, because I healed all the way through heroic sindragosa with the same guy, and he was great.

... then again it could be because I'm terrible at dpsing and was too concentrated on trying to remember what my dps hotkeys were, and missed a lot of necessary interrupts, slows, and re-hexes. He's a much better dps than I am, and it would be naive to say that doesn't contribute a lot.

I wouldnt read too much into it. If he didnt have practice at healing with the new model he couldve been making plenty of mistakes such as topping off dps, overhealing, FH spam, etc.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
There are many people posting threads saying their class is broken, and likewise there are many rude people who will say things like "you just dont know how to heal." Just because a shaman is the one who said that to you doesn't mean that all shaman agree.

Have you checked out the shaman forum recently? there are just as many posts about issues with shaman healing than any other class.

All classes are having large issues with healing. These issues are due partially to gear, partially to having to figure out a new way to reforge / prioritize stats, and partially to the changes blizzard made to each class and healing overall.

Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
12/13/2010 8:30 AMPosted by Toho
There are many people posting threads saying their class is broken, and likewise there are many rude people who will say things like "you just dont know how to heal." Just because a shaman is the one who said that to you doesn't mean that all shaman agree.

Have you checked out the shaman forum recently? there are just as many posts about issues with shaman healing than any other class.

All classes are having large issues with healing. These issues are due partially to gear, partially to having to figure out a new way to reforge / prioritize stats, and partially to the changes blizzard made to each class and healing overall.

It really is a combination of the 3. IMO its very likely that the changes blizzard made are what people are focusing on, cause lets face it, this is WoW and everyone wants to play the blame game.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
What fights are you ooming on?

I only tend to run out of mana when dps are stepping on landmines, not kiting adds that expload on contact or are getting hit by other forms of avoidable AoE.

I don't run oom if it happens once or twice, and I don't run oom when it happens alot because I just let them die.

An example of this was in Heroic City;

Myself and one friend, an elemental shaman, queued and City popped. We had a paladin tank, a rogue, a feral druid, myself and my friend.

We cleared to the first boss with ease, however we wiped on the boss when I attempted to heal the rogue and feral druid who were constantly walking over mines.

The second attempt however, I just let the two die. The tank, myself, and my friend went on to avoid almost all avoidable damage (the mines and his little dust clouds). I was able to heal the tank and keep myself and my friend at about 60% health so that we wouldn't die to his little slams into the pillars (which seem to be random but may be on a timer, I'm not sure).

We killed the boss, and with proper use of my spells Shadow Fiend and Hymn of hope, along with my Mana regen trinket (I love this egg), I ended the fight with about 65% mana and Shadow Fiend about 45 seconds from being ready.

Sometimes, not always, but sometimes its just better to let people die and focus on those who are able to play well.

Now I'm not saying you can do this for all bosses, or even most, but there are some bosses where you really can just let the less desirable players die.

I'd say priests are in an ok place and to be honest if any balancing needs to happen its in respect to shaman and druids not having an available damage reduction cooldown to throw on the tanks.

Holy Priests have Guardian Spirit

Disc Priests have Pain Suppression and Power Word: Barrier

Paladins have Hand of Sacrafice

Druids have nothing to throw on a tank

Shaman have nothing to throw on a tank

So you tell me... how bad off am I really?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
im not the type of guy that complains usualy, i've been playing wow since 6 years... played my hunter for 4 years... then switched to shamman resto... been playing that shammy for 2 years.

im not a good person for studying stuff, i just want to play the game and enjoy it. But when the groups drops you out (only since cata) because you can't heal... that frustrate me.

before patch 4.0, i was 6k gearscore, i was most of time top heals, was so easy to keep up mana pool. then patch 4.0 came out, it changed a little bit but still doable at that moment without too much pain... but now, at 85, i have no epic yet, few green, majority blues, and after each fight, (trash) i need to drink, each boss, i run OOM. i tried diferent combination of healing spells rotation, chain heals to make healing wave faster... greater healing wave cost a lot... and still single target. rain of thing is 10k mana, cost a lot too and most of time, only usefull on melee that target a boss that is a tank & spank. other boss/encounters, that raining spell is useless... ppl run everywhere or are just too far from each other...

they drasticaly reduced our chain heals too, and the healing surge is fast, but not healing a lot and cost high too...

the regular small healing wave is just to heal a sustained damage taken... it doesnt even bring life back a lot... but it doesnt cost a thing, i mean, i regen the small healing wave the second after...

as far as im concerned, i was suposed to be the main healer of our guild... and after i hit 85 this morning and tried to heal a regular dongeon, i told my guild master to demote me and get another type of healer for his 10 man raid, cuz i couldnt do the job at all...

im not a person that will spend like 10 hours, just to figure out stuff... i mean i dont have all that free time... and i want to play the game!

so after having played resto shamman for 2 years, im considering to go elemental... i mnot an expert, but i hope that some few things might be changed in the next couple of patches.

maybe it will all be fixed by itself when i have epic gear... but i never, never, never had soo much trouble when i was 80 and starting with green gear, compared to today's experience.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
@ Pocketpriest

Shaman heal crits reduce dmg by 10% :)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/13/2010 9:37 AMPosted by Totelements
@ Pocketpriest

So do priest crits, both specs have the talent available for that.

Shamans need a cooldown to blow to help fill in the gaps and so do druids (though they could do without a second cd to blow on themselves, make theirs only usable on others).
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
12/13/2010 10:28 AMPosted by Pocketpriest
12/13/2010 9:37 AMPosted by Totelements
@ Pocketpriest

So do priest crits, both specs have the talent available for that.

Shamans need a cooldown to blow to help fill in the gaps and so do druids (though they could do without a second cd to blow on themselves, make theirs only usable on others).

I seem to be doing fine without one, but I cant say no to a buff!
Reply Quote
12/13/2010 7:07 AMPosted by Effacia
hahaha a disc priest griping, although you are right about your healing still not being able to compare to shamans or druids...you are still more functional than a holy priest (which is the flavor for me) i do have disc spec and have had to switch to it in dungeons because holy just doesn't work AT ALL, after i've gone disc i have far less issues.

HUH? Disc is the spec that doesn't work in heroics. Holy does fine.

12/13/2010 7:07 AMPosted by Effacia
hahaha a disc priest griping, although you are right about your healing still not being able to compare to shamans or druids...you are still more functional than a holy priest (which is the flavor for me) i do have disc spec and have had to switch to it in dungeons because holy just doesn't work AT ALL, after i've gone disc i have far less issues.

HUH? Disc is the spec that doesn't work in heroics. Holy does fine.
You aren't even 85 yet. Come back after a few heroics.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
see thats the problem i dont want every instance i go into to have an ooming issue because dps slipped up i wanna be able to turn around the mistake they made and make the fight a win, but with the way things are if i do that i go oom / we die. i can heal instances its just not fun any more i hate seeing people dieing i hate seeing dps with 20 percent health i hate seeing my mana bar drop below 10 percent while tanks taking a buncha dmg its made healing stressful and a chore
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/13/2010 11:14 AMPosted by Àdvil
see thats the problem i dont want every instance i go into to have an ooming issue because dps slipped up i wanna be able to turn around the mistake they made and make the fight a win, but with the way things are if i do that i go oom / we die. i can heal instances its just not fun any more i hate seeing people dieing i hate seeing dps with 20 percent health i hate seeing my mana bar drop below 10 percent while tanks taking a buncha dmg its made healing stressful and a chore

1 player shouldn't be able to repair the mistakes of 4 bad players. A pro healer shouldn't make content mindless because they'll "turn around the mistake they (the dps) made and make the fight a win". If they could, we'd be back in say ... Halls of Reflection, which should have been a hard heroic, but healers just blasted through it with their infinite mana. No need for CC or dispells or clense. Just heaaaalllll!

Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
12/13/2010 11:14 AMPosted by Àdvil

What most dps can do these days is if they slip up, they can heal themselves. Sorry, youre a part of a team now and not the glue holding the party together. If you played healer for the role of "God being that looks in your direction and full heals you", then you should try dpsing or tanking, cause this spec is no longer your cup of tea.
Edited by Totelements on 12/13/2010 11:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
12/13/2010 7:36 AMPosted by Àdvil
I made this thread because its pissing me off when shammys say to a priest they are bad at the game when shammys should say anything because they have it much easier then a priest does, i agree its doable as a priest but im stating its also much harder as a priest

Your class not being tuned correctly does not equal the healing model is terrible, which a ton of posters have been posting. I have been in groups as ele with a holy priest friend healing and we have completed heroics. The priest did have to drink more than I did in similar runs, so I can see issues with mana problems but we didn't wipe, so it obviously isn't quite as bad as people make it out to be. Obviously small adjustments can be made, however we also need to see how everyone scales with gear. I know as a shaman that water shield's passive mana regen helps us a ton now, but will not increase as we gear up and thus or mana problems might come later in the expansion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]