Vanilla Healing > Cataclsym Healing

90 Night Elf Priest
In Vanilla, Healing was so much fun for me, This is why...

* healing aggro was huge which meant I had to use things like fade and fear to stay alive, I knew it wasn't smart to heal tanks too early in a fight (something a lot of healers failed at in Heroic HOR)
*I had to Jump in and out of the 5SR (5 second rule) to balance my mana
*I had to precast Greater Heal and learn to know when to expect a high dmg spike to let it fly.
*I had mana pots that reset in 2 min on CD so I judged when the best time it was to drink one to have another one ready.
*I had to learn not to over-heal

As a holy priest, Cataclysm Healing isn't fun at all, I get frustrated at going OOM despite the fact that when I use "Heal" it heals for trash amounts with a long cast time. But it's my most mana efficient spell so I am forced to use it. I go OOM halfway through some heroic fights despite my guild group is avoiding all possible dmg, doing great dps and I Have a pre-raid BiS tank. My over-healing is averaging between .02%-1% unless it's a heavy AE damage boss fight which sometimes forces me to use PoH because casting heal and renew on 5 targets is not viable.

I have healed every raid since WoW Launched and done many server first, so far I am not impressed with this model design. I am happy that Blizzard was trying to get away from the whack a mole healing that so many bad healers have gotten use too but I feel Blizzard missed it's mark.

I have noticed one other major thing, when I play as shadow I notice other priest healers, and shamans struggling with mana on most fights and trash pulls while a majority of the Holy pally and resto druids rarely dip below 50% mana. I also loved when I was dungeon grinding my first 3 levels I was better off healing as level 80 the exact same dungeon because every time I dinged my spell cost double while my output remained the same (or less) and my mana pool didn't scale as well. If I could have, I would have banked all my experience to 85 and just spent it to ding 5 levels at once.

Also, If Blizzard wanted to bring CC back, all they had to do was simply reduce AE tank threat.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]