Question for Healers- Cata Dungeons

100 Human Paladin
Boss fight.
An Ok group (ie they know what they are doing, but not very well geared yet)
The whole groups health is low, boss is in last third of health.
Now my heals are pretty crappy, but I thought I would throw heals at the healer as they would impact him more, having a smaller health pool than the tank. He has mana and is basically spaming the tank.
Is this the right thing to do, or should i be helping heal the tank?
It just worked by the way, the other dps died, then me, then the healer and the tank had enough health to finish the boss off.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
The way healing is right now i see it as you killed the boss who cares lol healing is far to crappy to keep every1 alive. and i always like when some1 tosses me a heal while im healing the tank saves me time from having to heal my self i can stick on the tank
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Sure it is.

The healer saves your butt all the time, if you can help him out by tossing say word of glories out (or cast time heals) there's nothing wrong with it.

It's akin to a dps pulling threat off the healer when the tank can't or won't. It's not the optimum tactic but it's a sign of working as a group.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I personally do not even think about healing someone unless they are close to the 50% mark unless it is the tank. I throw hots on people that are low (that are not the tank) and occasional healing waves if that isnt enough.

Regular dungeons are fairly easy now to me. It is the heroic ones that are causing me issues.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Personally when I'm healing in that situation I want the boss dead NOW. Focusing on killing the boss is more important, if the healer still has mana.

I'm not an expert, but I think throwing out a clutch heal every now and then on yourself or someone who is getting low is fine but you really shouldn't have to be spam healing someone-- that takes too much time away from your job which is killing the boss.

To answer your question directly you would want to throw heals at the person taking damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]